Help--How to nandroid an Optimus S ?

grayem

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
It seems that I am too stupid to figure out how to make a nandroid backup.
All the tutorials I find on the interwebs refer to using Rom Manager which if you look at the stickies, will brick my phone.

I am rooted, I have Xionia recovery and found these instructions in another thread:

I'm pretty sure u need to be rooted so that u can flash a custom recovery. The custom recovery is what u use to make a back up. Just root your phone. Place "flash_image" on the root of your sdcard. The place a custom recovery image on the root of your sdcard then using terminal type
su
flash_image recovery /sdcard/"name of recovery image"
reboot recovery

I dont know what all of that means, (using terminal? how does one activate a terminal?)

"flash_image recovery /sdcard/"name of recovery image" [what should this be called in this case?

Basically, I am asking one of you Android guru types to write up a sticky for making a Nandroid Backup for your phones that have been rooted using the simple rooting techniques here.

I have made copies of all the files my phone had when it was working right, but thats not a Nandroid backup. I can rebuild the phone to stock, and I am glad of that.

Thanks for the help/

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
To get to recovery, power down, then press volume down home and power, hold till you get to xionia (it will say xionia at the top). Look for backup and restore, choose backup, enjoy!

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: grayem

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
All the tutorials I find on the interwebs refer to using Rom Manager which if you look at the stickies, will brick my phone.

Wait, you,
1. Looked online
2. Read how-to articles
3. Read the Stickies :)eek: WHHHAAAATTT!!!!??? New people never read those(Which they should))
4. Asked an informed, thoughful, and polite question when there was something you didn't understand?

So far, you've done awesome. We'd have to be total trolls to flame you for that. You'd be amazed how many people come here, make an account simply to download the root package, root, install ROM manager, than start a new thread with their first post saying "Help, I my phone won't turn on, what do I do?" without ever reading anything about anything. Congrats for not being a part of that crowd.

Boys, it looks like we've got a winner here!