Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Need Help Rooting a regular How To Root LG Optimus S LS670

I have a How To Root LG Optimus S LS670, it doesn't have like zvd or anything like that after the end of LS670. So its a plain one.

Here's my information:
    Model Number: LS670
    Android Version: 2.3.3
    Baseband Version: LS670MVJ_6150

How do I root it?

ROM
    LeWa/Bobzhome

Default Re: Need Help Rooting a regular How To Root LG Optimus S LS670

Your baseband version has the letters ZVJ after the LS670, that is what you are looking for when doing any mods to your phone. Just look for How to root ZVJ and you'll be golden and only use guides and ROMs intended for your baseband, it will save a lot of problems later. Good luck.

ROM
    Stock ZVJ - Rooted

If you are running zvj (check the SW Version under about phone but it sounds like you have ZVJ) and want root, you'll need to downgrade to zvd --- Official Sprint ZVD / Froyo downgrade now available --- then use this apk --- GingerBreak-v1.20.apk - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download --- one click root, then the automated upgrade and root method --- [How-To] Automated Rooting of LS670ZVD/ZVH/ZVJ --- this last one is easy just follow every step. Downgrade and upgrade/root thanks to sfhub. Apk link thanks to yours truly.

**EDIT**

I tried all of these, so I can vouch that these work.
    Thanked by:

BTW the Automated Rooting of ZVD/ZVH/ZVJ has builtin direct rooting of ZVD (option A). No need to run another program.
    [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH
    Installed ZVH by mistake? Use simple update.zip to revert to ZVD / Froyo