Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #51  

ROM
    Stock 2.3 ZVJ , Stock 2.1

Default Re: Cease and Desist

I went to my attorney's office, and he told me sign it, and he signed it as a witness, and sending it off FedEx Express. Told me to lay off anything pertaining to what they said in the letter until he can investigate further.
    Always try, again, again, and again (unless you brick your phone) lmmfao. - Issac Newton

If you google the law firm, it does exist but it specializes in equine law (horses, horse racing, etc.) Probably not a firm Google is going to use for copyright issues. You should have just called to see if it was on the level and if they knew anything about the matter. As was mentioned before, no legal documents like this are sent via regular mail, since there must be proof that the person received it. It's for this reason you never accept unexpected certified mail. The chance is minimal that it's from the attorney of an unknown rich relative who left you millions in his will and more likely that it is not going to be good news. And never open your door to strangers, even if they're kids dressed as cub scouts.
    Last edited by lichan; 04-25-2012 at 09:46 AM.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #53  

ROM
    Stock 2.3 ZVJ , Stock 2.1

Quote Originally Posted by Lolanerd View Post
    Honestly, we're talking about one of the biggest companies in the country and their lawyers don't even sign the letter? That seems a bit unlikely. Also, if I was Google, I would target someone like drew, who actually puts out the roms and programs, not just some person with a rooted phone (unless of course you have developed some things I don't know of).
    Not no roms as of yet, but I DID ATTEMPT rooting utility which is on one of these threads in this forum until a virus wiped it.
    Always try, again, again, and again (unless you brick your phone) lmmfao. - Issac Newton
    "The Button Pusher"

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cold as Ice - CM9 kraven

So how's it coming along?
    Please click the like and thanks buttons if/when I help you out... Also, If you like my work, please consider donating. I greatly appreciate it! Donations are via PayPal, and you may use your debit/credit cards, as well as Bank accounts to help me out with the funds of continuing development of the LG Optimus S.

Racer of Elevators

ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

This thread is quite dead and the thread poster is no longer a member on AC.
    If you are inclined to spend a lot of money and want a pretty trophy with which to pass the next few years of your life that talks to you in a condescending voice, can't navigate to save its life, expects full control over all you do, demands $13 for a $3 purchase, allegedly has a single recessed button, needs an expensive computer and a credit card to do anything, hates your music and has purses designed just for it...

Get married to someone you hate... or get an iPhone.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New to LG's premium Android phone? Check out the Optimus S Welcome Guide.
    Used ROM Mangler on your Optimus S and having problems? Try this.
    Va1ha11a likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by epidenimus View Post
    This thread is quite dead and the thread poster is no longer a member on AC.
    I don't see any indication that the poster is no longer an AC member. In fact, if you click his username, it still appropriately links to his profile page. He does not appear to have posted very recently, but he last logged in a couple weeks ago.
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

He's gone, believe me. Look at epi's link in the first page.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123