Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock 2.3 ZVJ , Stock 2.1

Exclamation No, no, no.

I apologize.
    Always try, again, again, and again (unless you brick your phone) lmmfao. - Issac Newton
    Racer of Elevators

Global Posts
    1,139 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

It comes with Froyo, SprintID and the noisy boot animation? And it doesn't work yet, too? I'm eagerly chomping at the bit... to avoid that. Seriously, is this a joke?
    If you are inclined to spend a lot of money and want a pretty trophy with which to pass the next few years of your life that talks to you in a condescending voice, can't navigate to save its life, expects full control over all you do, demands $13 for a $3 purchase, allegedly has a single recessed button, needs an expensive computer and a credit card to do anything, hates your music and has purses designed just for it...

Get married to someone you hate... or get an iPhone.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New to LG's premium Android phone? Check out the Optimus S Welcome Guide.
    Used ROM Mangler on your Optimus S and having problems? Try this.

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Well if you are talking about the sprint splash, that is in the boot.img. Toss me your boot.img and I will replace it with the lg animation I did for stock based zvj

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Default Re: GingerRoot OS (ZVD) Released

Wait so...it's just a stock ROM with GO Launcher? Is it Gingerbread or Froyo? Your post implies both, which is, well, impossible if it's just one ROM.

Edit: Oh and it has parts of CyanogenMod too? How clever!

Edit 2: No pics, no clicks.

Edit 3: I would also like to point out that it is an interesting coincidence that you post this right after you get a C&D telling you to stop copying Android.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by hlxanthus View Post
    Well if you are talking about the sprint splash, that is in the boot.img. Toss me your boot.img and I will replace it with the lg animation I did for stock based zvj
    Thank You! Lol you just helped me out there A LOT because I couldn't find the LG Boot nor the location of the sprint nusiance.
    Always try, again, again, and again (unless you brick your phone) lmmfao. - Issac Newton
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM

Talking Re: GingerRoot OS (ZVD) Released

Quote Originally Posted by hlxanthus View Post
    Thank You! Lol you just helped me out there A LOT because I couldn't find the LG Boot nor the location of the sprint nuisance.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by drewwalton19216801 View Post
    Wait so...it's just a stock ROM with GO Launcher? Is it Gingerbread or Froyo? Your post implies both, which is, well, impossible if it's just one ROM.

Edit: Oh and it has parts of CyanogenMod too? How clever!

Edit 2: No pics, no clicks.

Edit 3: I would also like to point out that it is an interesting coincidence that you post this right after you get a C&D telling you to stop copying Android.

Lol can't hold me back. Plus I'm not gone let some copyright TROLLS stop me. Android is open-sourced and if they don't see it like that oh well, they just going to act like Microsoft, and Apple.
    Queendroid

Global Posts
    910 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I was just wondering the same thing. I'm so confused o.O

ROM
    Stock

So this is a cryogen mod rom with stock rom fetures?

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Quote Originally Posted by rnorris97 View Post
    Lol can't hold me back. Plus I'm not gone let some copyright TROLLS stop me. Android is open-sourced and if they don't see it like that oh well, they just going to act like Microsoft, and Apple.
    That's quite a turnaround from:
    I went to my attorney's office, and he told me sign it, and he signed it as a witness, and sending it off FedEx Express. Told me to lay off anything pertaining to what they said in the letter until he can investigate further.

So what about the ROM? Is it Froyo, Gingerbread or CyanogenMod? I'm so confused here.

I know it can't be all three (in one ROM) as your post implies because that is absolutely impossible.

It can't be CyanogenMod 6 (Froyo) because nobody has even a half-working build of CM6 for the Optimus S. For that matter, it can't be CyanogenMod (any version) because Sprint ID doesn't work at all with any CyanogenMod ROMs, period.

If it's stock-based Froyo, it's only going to work on the ZVD radio. If it's stock-based Gingerbread, your radio compatibility is ZVJ and (possibly) ZVH.

Also, you need to post screenshots or else nobody (save a few people) will download your ROM.

Lastly, make sure you read and understand the rules regarding ROMs. This also includes posting a link to the source code of the kernel you include (yes even if it's the stock LG kernel). On that note, do you have permission to include GO Launcher in your ROM?

EDIT: One more thing, if you really have a Motorola Mobility signing key, it's probably illegal to use it since you are no longer a Motorola employee...

EDIT AGAIN: "I'm positive that major features of the phone works (Phone, Speaker, Camera, etc.)" does not sound appealing to most people. You're going to release a ROM that you haven't even tested yet?
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

ROM

Exclamation Re: GingerRoot OS (ZVD) Released

Quote Originally Posted by Seditec View Post
    So this is a cryogen mod rom with stock rom fetures?

I guess you could put it that way...fully rooted Froyo rom with the feel of ICS (thats where GO Launcher plays in until I can get my hands on a working version of Android SDK and Eclipse). Also, some apps may not work as designed as this is a ALPHA BUILD! But screenshots will be up soon. Doing a NAND backup as we speak.

So my Gingerbread ROM will be released as soon as I can get the build debugged, then published on Google Code first, then SourceForge.

Confusion cleared up?

I will respectfully hold my tongue, altho I would strongly advise you to make sure you have a working ROM before you post, as well as your source information. Good luck on the ROM

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

I guess you could put it that way...fully rooted Froyo rom with the feel of ICS (thats where GO Launcher plays in until I can get my hands on a working version of Android SDK and Eclipse). Also, some apps may not work as designed as this is a ALPHA BUILD! But screenshots will be up soon. Doing a NAND backup as we speak.

So my Gingerbread ROM will be released as soon as I can get the build debugged, then published on Google Code first, then SourceForge.

Confusion cleared up?
    Nope. Where does CyanogenMod come in to play? And again, you need permission from the GO developers to include GO Launcher in your ROM.

You better not release it as a nandroid backup....that's a HUGE no-no...
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

ROM

That's quite a turnaround from:

So what about the ROM? Is it Froyo, Gingerbread or CyanogenMod? I'm so confused here.

I know it can't be all three (in one ROM) as your post implies because that is absolutely impossible.

It can't be CyanogenMod 6 (Froyo) because nobody has even a half-working build of CM6 for the Optimus S. For that matter, it can't be CyanogenMod (any version) because Sprint ID doesn't work at all with any CyanogenMod ROMs, period.

If it's stock-based Froyo, it's only going to work on the ZVD radio. If it's stock-based Gingerbread, your radio compatibility is ZVJ and (possibly) ZVH.

Also, you need to post screenshots or else nobody (save a few people) will download your ROM.

Lastly, make sure you read and understand the rules regarding ROMs. This also includes posting a link to the source code of the kernel you include (yes even if it's the stock LG kernel). On that note, do you have permission to include GO Launcher in your ROM?

EDIT: One more thing, if you really have a Motorola Mobility signing key, it's probably illegal to use it since you are no longer a Motorola employee...
    I'm about to read it right now. And post the source. Sorry, didn't know I had to.

EDIT AGAIN: "I'm positive that major features of the phone works (Phone, Speaker, Camera, etc.)" does not sound appealing to most people. You're going to release a ROM that you haven't even tested yet?
    Nope, that's I haven't posted no links yet apart from the boot.img and that's to remove the Sprint Boot Animation.

Don't worry, I wouldn't upload a ROM I wouldn't use myself. On that note I'm installing it on my Optimus now.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

ROM

Nope. Where does CyanogenMod come in to play? And again, you need permission from the GO developers to include GO Launcher in your ROM.

You better not release it as a nandroid backup....that's a HUGE no-no...

CyanogenMod comes into play in the Gingerbread Rom, and about the Go Launcher I had no idea. I'm pretty new when it comes to building roms. When I was at Moto Mobility, I was in the testing and debugging sector until Google came into play.

Sent a email as of 4-25-2012 (Wont publish until recieving an okay)

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

CyanogenMod comes into play in the Gingerbread Rom, and about the Go Launcher I had no idea. I'm pretty new when it comes to building roms. When I was at Moto Mobility, I was in the testing and debugging sector until Google came into play.

Sent a email as of 4-25-2012 (Wont publish until recieving an okay)
    OK, well you need to clean up the first post, it makes absolutely zero sense.

And yes, you have to get permission to use any third-party apps in your ROM. That's the law. If you use GO Launcher (or ANY third-party app for that matter) without permission, you could actually get a REAL Cease and Desist notice...

And if you're releasing your own version of CM7, I hope you built it from source yourself instead of "borrowing" someone else's build...
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

ROM

My results so far:

After doing a hard reset, you have to do a manual program of the phone by using either ##000000# (that's what it is for me since I changed the SPC using CDMAWorkshop) or ##YOURSPC#. Then ##DATA# or ##3282#.

3G works after toggling airplane mode off and on.

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

My results so far:

After doing a hard reset, you have to do a manual program of the phone by using either ##000000# (that's what it is for me since I changed the SPC using CDMAWorkshop) or ##YOURSPC#. Then ##DATA# or ##3282#.

3G works after toggling airplane mode off and on.
    So...you have a broken ROM?
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

ROM

I don't get why you put REAL in capital letters, because it was REAL just a scam I guess. I don't know yet.

And all ROMs have problems thats why I called it an alpha.

Just a side note: people on this forum have feelings too...
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

ROM

And Drew, you have to give me PROPS because I am trying to contribute to the Android community because I am trying to help out here. You criticized me on my rooting utility in which I couldn't get a chance to comply with @sfhub 's wishes in three days, because I had a virus on my laptop and it's only but so fast. Dell Latitude D600. 256MB Ram. 20 GB HDD. I'm ing trying! You can't put people down. Let other people have the light for a while. And since you brought up the C & D I just emailed Google Support to find out more. I deleted EVERYTHING pertaining to my rom. Are you happy now?

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

All I was doing was making sure you didn't run afoul of any laws or rules. That's the last thing I'll say on the matter.

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Thank You! Lol you just helped me out there A LOT because I couldn't find the LG Boot nor the location of the sprint nuisance.
    Try this. Make sure you delete the start up sound too, found

system\sounds\poweron

Just delete poweron folder
    Attached Files Attached Files
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

ROM

All I was doing was making sure you didn't run afoul of any laws or rules. That's the last thing I'll say on the matter.

I didn't mean it like that...I just don't want no one to doubt me right now. I'm trying. Everything was okay until you said "...REAL Cease and Desist..." . It implied that you thought i was lying about it. I got self-defensive.

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

To play safe, I would remove gapps from the system to flash seperately

Just to interject real quick into the conversation.

1. We have no rule against someone doing a placeholder for a ROM/Theme/Mod as long as its done within a reasonable time frame (I think we all know what I mean there..)

2. Anyone who is truly involved this much into working on a ROM should know what general development rules & AC's development rules to abide by so keep those in mind and you will be fine.

Good luck.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast