Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 709
Like Tree72Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  
    hlxanthus's Avatar

    Posts
    1,789 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,790 Global Posts
    ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

    Default Re: [ROM][ZVJ] 2.3.3 DanteRom v1 beta 04/27/20012

    Quote Originally Posted by ryandubbz View Post
    what is zeam, and where do you find different launchers?
    Go to the market and look up

    Launcher Pro
    Go Launcher
    Zeam Launcher
    ADW Launcher

    Any or all of these searchers will pull up all the others, but those are the top in my book.
    ikeywatson likes this.
  2. #27  
    Buddlespit's Avatar
    Wannabe kewl

    Posts
    674 Posts
    Global Posts
    675 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations TW-JB

    Default Re: [ROM][ZVJ] 2.3.3 DanteRom v1 beta 04/27/20012

    By "+General UI theming", do you mean that the sprint domination of the signal bars is over? I won't have to manually edit the framework-res file anymore?
    "I drank what!?!?!" ~Socrates
    "Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor." ~NASA, 1965
    New users, click here!!
    Sprint Sammy GS3 | MB1 | Wicked Sensations JB v2.1 | TWRP 2.4.3.0
  3. #28  
    TheTolsonator's Avatar

    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    ROM
    CougarCougar's CM 7.2

    Default Re: [ROM][ZVJ] 2.3.3 DanteRom v1 beta 04/27/20012

    A few bug issues...

    Moving apps from internal to sd errors on first try, works the second time.

    Password prompts are slightly off, sizing on the remember button is bigger than the other ones.

    I'm loving it so far, very slick. Gonna try amphetamine in a bit. Zeam launcher is too slow for my tastes. Launcher pro ftw!
  4. #29  
    Zhara's Avatar
    Queendroid

    Posts
    909 Posts
    Global Posts
    910 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    hlxanthus, I was downloading a file earlier and in the notification drop down, the box with the download progress in it is black...and so is the text...so you can't read it. Minor issue, just thought you might wanna know
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  
    hlxanthus's Avatar

    Posts
    1,789 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,790 Global Posts
    ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

    Default Re: [ROM][ZVJ] 2.3.3 DanteRom v1 beta 04/27/20012

    Quote Originally Posted by TheTolsonator View Post
    A few bug issues...

    Moving apps from internal to sd errors on first try, works the second time.

    Password prompts are slightly off, sizing on the remember button is bigger than the other ones.

    I'm loving it so far, very slick. Gonna try amphetamine in a bit. Zeam launcher is too slow for my tastes. Launcher pro ftw!
    I had the sd error on stock zvj, so I doubt it is it something I did. And I will be honest, I dont understand what you are saying about password prompts


    Quote Originally Posted by Buddlespit View Post
    By "+General UI theming", do you mean that the sprint domination of the signal bars is over? I won't have to manually edit the framework-res file anymore?
    I am rather new at this LOL. I have yet to track down those pngs. Where the heck are they?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhara View Post
    hlxanthus, I was downloading a file earlier and in the notification drop down, the box with the download progress in it is black...and so is the text...so you can't read it. Minor issue, just thought you might wanna know
    Good catch, didnt notice it till you mentioned it !! I'll track that down
    Last edited by hlxanthus; 04-27-2012 at 10:50 PM.
  6. #31  

    Default Re: [ROM][ZVJ] 2.3.3 DanteRom v1 beta 04/27/20012

    I think he is stating that when you are on a website that you would log into with username and password. After you type in your password and hit log in the page asks if you want to remember the password, not now, or never.
  7. #32  
    Buddlespit's Avatar
    Wannabe kewl

    Posts
    674 Posts
    Global Posts
    675 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations TW-JB

    Default Re: [ROM][ZVJ] 2.3.3 DanteRom v1 beta 04/27/20012

    Quote Originally Posted by hlxanthus View Post
    I am rather new at this LOL. I have yet to track down those pngs. Where the heck are they?
    You're doing better than I am at this....

    The pngs are in the /system/app/systemui.apk, in /res/drawable-mdpi. All of the signal pngs start with sprint in their filenames. There are about 30 pngs that have to be renamed. I have no idea how to edit xml and no idea where the layout is to change what the filenames should be. Time consuming....
    "I drank what!?!?!" ~Socrates
    "Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor." ~NASA, 1965
    New users, click here!!
    Sprint Sammy GS3 | MB1 | Wicked Sensations JB v2.1 | TWRP 2.4.3.0
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  
    hlxanthus's Avatar

    Posts
    1,789 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,790 Global Posts
    ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

    Default Re: [ROM][ZVJ] 2.3.3 DanteRom v1 beta 04/27/20012

    Quote Originally Posted by Buddlespit View Post
    You're doing better than I am at this....

    The pngs are in the /system/app/systemui.apk, in /res/drawable-mdpi. All of the signal pngs start with sprint in their filenames. There are about 30 pngs that have to be renamed. I have no idea how to edit xml and no idea where the layout is to change what the filenames should be. Time consuming....
    LOL, ended up I just hadnt dug far enough. I assume the attatched is the perferred signal you would like?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [ROM][ZVJ] 2.3.3 DanteRom v4 [UPDATE] 10/14/2012-stat_sys_signal_3_fully.png  
  9. #34  
    drewwalton19216801's Avatar

    Posts
    2,538 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryandubbz View Post
    I think he is stating that when you are on a website that you would log into with username and password. After you type in your password and hit log in the page asks if you want to remember the password, not now, or never.
    No. Keyword is "notification dropdown"
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  
    hlxanthus's Avatar

    Posts
    1,789 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,790 Global Posts
    ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

    Default

    This is an attempt to incorporate most of the amphetamine tweaks. It is partially tested, so please give feedback. I think I removed the dalvik to sdcard mod as we are all.ready using the dalvik to cache mod.

    http://db.tt/I6p3asm3

    Just boot to recovery and wipe cache/dalvik cache and flash.

    Also replaced es file explorer with boot browser lite, much better tool. Almost as good as root explorer but free. Included with the developers consent.

    Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2
  11. #36  

    Default Re: [ROM][ZVJ] 2.3.3 DanteRom v1 beta 04/27/20012

    Nice to see someone stepping up and taking the lead on a new project, on a new baseband! Going to go back to vj just to try this out. This is the first Rom to come from jstntp's community Rom correct? Anyways congrats on the release!
  12. #37  
    Buddlespit's Avatar
    Wannabe kewl

    Posts
    674 Posts
    Global Posts
    675 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations TW-JB

    Default Re: [ROM][ZVJ] 2.3.3 DanteRom v1 beta 04/27/20012

    Quote Originally Posted by hlxanthus View Post
    LOL, ended up I just hadnt dug far enough. I assume the attatched is the perferred signal you would like?
    Oh no! Don't rebuild the framework just for that! I'm good! But if I knew where to look for the status bar's instructions for the signal bar, I would have something to work for. That, and if I had a clue as to how xml gets edited and (de- and re-)compiled...

    I know that somewhere is a line somewhere that tells the status bar to use sprint-whatever-4-green.png and can probably be changed to whatever-4-full.png
    "I drank what!?!?!" ~Socrates
    "Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor." ~NASA, 1965
    New users, click here!!
    Sprint Sammy GS3 | MB1 | Wicked Sensations JB v2.1 | TWRP 2.4.3.0
  13. #38  

    Default Re: [ROM][ZVJ] 2.3.3 DanteRom v1 beta 04/27/20012

    Quote Originally Posted by hlxanthus View Post
    This is an attempt to incorporate most of the amphetamine tweaks. It is partially tested, so please give feedback. I think I removed the dalvik to sdcard mod as we are all.ready using the dalvik to cache mod.

    http://db.tt/I6p3asm3

    Just boot to recovery and wipe cache/dalvik cache and flash.

    Also replaced es file explorer with boot browser lite, much better tool. Almost as good as root explorer but free. Included with the developers consent.

    Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2
    I did what you said about wiping cache and dalvik and flashed this update but when i returned to my screen my phone kept freezing, and then i had to reinstall the hydro kernel, and the freezing stopped, but your boot browswer has not taking place of es file explorer, So im guessing i have to do a full wipe.

    In About Phone, should the build number now be DanteRom.v3? Because it still says DanteRom.v1 after installing this
    Last edited by ryandubbz; 04-28-2012 at 02:47 PM.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  
    hlxanthus's Avatar

    Posts
    1,789 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,790 Global Posts
    ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryandubbz View Post
    I did what you said about wiping cache and dalvik and flashed this update but when i returned to my screen my phone kept freezing, and then i had to reinstall the hydro kernel, and the freezing stopped, but your boot browswer has not taking place of es file explorer, So im guessing i have to do a full wipe.

    In About Phone, should the build number now be DanteRom.v3? Because it still says DanteRom.v1 after installing this
    Unless you did a full wipe, es explorer will still be there, but root root browser should be added. I did not edit the build.prop to show updated version. Interesting on the freeze up bit, didn't happen for me. Might have been a fluke. Any noticeable speed improvements?

    Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2
  15. #40  
    jonny5449's Avatar
    AC Citizen

    Posts
    2,571 Posts
    ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

    Default Re: [ROM][ZVJ] 2.3.3 DanteRom v1 beta 04/27/20012

    do you mind if i make mods for this in uot kitchen like battery mods and status bar icon mods and stuff like that?
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  
    hlxanthus's Avatar

    Posts
    1,789 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,790 Global Posts
    ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5449 View Post
    do you mind if i make mods for this in uot kitchen like battery mods and status bar icon mods and stuff like that?
    I do not mind at all. Stipulations would be to keep with the over all tone of what I am going for, like the transparent sliders or notification dropdown for example. Play with colors or icons to your liking. If I don't feel it complements the rom I will not include it with the main rom as a mod in the OP.

    Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2
  17. #42  

    Default Re: [ROM][ZVJ] 2.3.3 DanteRom v1 beta 04/27/20012

    so far im liking this rom, its seems very fast when paired with hydrokernel
    Thanked by:
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  
    hlxanthus's Avatar

    Posts
    1,789 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,790 Global Posts
    ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryandubbz View Post
    so far im liking this rom, its seems very fast when paired with hydrokernel
    Did you try the version including the amphetamine mod or the version from the OP? Yes this does play very nice with team hydros hydro kernel. I am looking for feedback on the amphetamine modded version to see if people are seeing a noticeable speed bump. I am seeing some, but not sure if it is as great as it was when directly flashed with the Optimus v's amphetamine mod directly over my initial release.

    Anyone feel like running some tests and comparisons for me and give me some feedback?
  19. #44  

    Default Re: [ROM][ZVJ] 2.3.3 DanteRom v1 beta 04/27/20012

    Yes i am running your newest rom with the amphetamine mods. It seems just as fast and smooth as your first version of the rom with amphetamines applied after.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #45  
    hlxanthus's Avatar

    Posts
    1,789 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,790 Global Posts
    ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryandubbz View Post
    Yes i am running your newest rom with the amphetamine mods. It seems just as fast and smooth as your first version of the rom with amphetamines applied after.
    Sorry to keep poking you, but did you update to the new amphetamine version with a full wipe? Or directly over the separately modded rom?
  21. #46  

    Default Re: [ROM][ZVJ] 2.3.3 DanteRom v1 beta 04/27/20012

    Quote Originally Posted by hlxanthus View Post
    Sorry to keep poking you, but did you update to the new amphetamine version with a full wipe? Or directly over the separately modded rom?
    I didnt do a full wipe, just flashed over the original, and then flashed kernel again. Phone is running Smooth
  22. #47  
    pilot03's Avatar

    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

    Default Re: [ROM][ZVJ] 2.3.3 DanteRom v1 beta 04/27/20012

    Just making my report. Only happened once so far but when I get a call my screen will not turn on unless I press a button to see a picture. I am on your first build with hyro and amphetamine. Otherwise the rom is smooth as silk.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  
    hlxanthus's Avatar

    Posts
    1,789 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,790 Global Posts
    ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

    Default Re: [ROM][ZVJ] 2.3.3 DanteRom v1 beta 04/27/20012

    Quote Originally Posted by pilot03 View Post
    Just making my report. Only happened once so far but when I get a call my screen will not turn on unless I press a button to see a picture. I am on your first build with hyro and amphetamine. Otherwise the rom is smooth as silk.
    Are you running hydrokernel and any over/under clocking settings?
  24. #49  
    pilot03's Avatar

    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

    Default Re: [ROM][ZVJ] 2.3.3 DanteRom v1 beta 04/27/20012

    Running HydroKernel GB. Did not mess with the clock speeds and holding off to check if the problem comes back.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #50  
    hlxanthus's Avatar

    Posts
    1,789 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,790 Global Posts
    ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pilot03 View Post
    Running HydroKernel GB. Did not mess with the clock speeds and holding off to check if the problem comes back.
    I have had that bug pop up on all ZVJ roms including stock, so I don't believe it is something that I broke. Anyone else with this issue?. I have noticed that a more aggressive governor, like smartass2 or interactivex, seems to greatly minimize it.
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions