Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #526  

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Default [ROM][ZVJ] 2.3.3 DanteRom v4 [UPDATE] 10/14/2012

Quote Originally Posted by deathspankd View Post
    i just flashed this rom a few days ago and its not bad everything is fully functional except for the video playback and what happens is that no matter if its youtube or not it decides to freeze and reboot. i tried dirty flashing and full wipe and flash and it still doesnt work. i hope this helps come up with a solution
    I will try and take a look at this in the next few days.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #527  

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Default Re: [ROM][ZVJ] 2.3.3 DanteRom v4 [UPDATE] 10/14/2012

Working on a new update for this rom and have a mod I want you guys to test for me. Some of you may have heard of a new root app from the play store called . Well, the creator allows his work to be added directly to roms. This is supposed to reduce/eliminate lag. I have made a flashable zip that includes the needed script from him as well as an init.d script to run it

Boot to recovery, create a nandroid backup, wipe cache/dalvik cache, flash and reboot.

Let me know how it goes!

Edit: I had a faulty Seeder mod. Updated to flash in correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by hlxanthus View Post
    Working on a new update for this rom and have a mod I want you guys to test for me. Some of you may have heard of a new root app from the play store called . Well, the creator allows his work to be added directly to roms. This is supposed to reduce/eliminate lag. I have made a flashable zip that includes the needed script from him as well as an init.d script to run it

Boot to recovery, create a nandroid backup, wipe cache/dalvik cache, flash and reboot.

Let me know how it goes!
    I'll be trying it here in about 5 minutes though not sure what I should test it on

ROM
    Stock

Been using it all day it works like a charm here

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #530  

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Looking for feed back on improvement on lag and responsiveness. Also what is the cost? Did you lose much greater battery? Other odd behavior?

ROM
    Stock

The battery life seemed fine it was running pandora all day and also using yeam viewer to connect to my home pc. When I was playing plauge inc witch has spikes of choppyness there were now streaming vodeo worked alot better than normal.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #532  

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Yeah, I am seeing definite improvement in performance. But with a dev only device you really dont get an accurate picture of how battery performs thru normal use. Glad everything seems good there.

though I haven't used seeder yet I have seen it in action and it does work but I wouldn't know how well or how much battery is saved. by the way I have a new issue my phone seems to randomly freeze on sleep and reboots are frequent as well

ROM
    Stock

Is that on the default clock or over clocked

Sent from my LS670
    Thanked by:
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #535  

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Quote Originally Posted by deathspankd View Post
    though I haven't used seeder yet I have seen it in action and it does work but I wouldn't know how well or how much battery is saved. by the way I have a new issue my phone seems to randomly freeze on sleep and reboots are frequent as well
    The unresponsive screen is a base issue of the ZVJ rom. If they are frequent and you have frequent reboots then I would say something is wrong. I am hopeful seeder may help or fix the unresponsive screen issue but it happens so infrequent in my experience and hard to replicate. Honestly, you might have not done a full wipe and that always creates issues. There is a formatALL zip (its in the instructions in the OP) I recommend you flash before installing a new rom on this device, it has never failed me. My recommendation would be to download a fresh version of my rom, boot to recovery, flash the formatALL zip then the rom and reboot. Manually redownload your apps from the play store. I know it is a pain but it is the best way to get a stable experience.
    Thanked by:

seems my issues are fixed for now I've been streaming YouTube without any freezing or reboot occurring *knock on wood* I guess the custom recovery has a crappy format thanks for the assistance
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #537  

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Updated Seeder package.

I just installed the rom and im getting the error.... the process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly... any help to fix this would be great. love the rom and would like to keep it but I cant if it wont stop giving me the error.
    gingerc76 likes this.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #539  

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

I would venture a guess that you did not do a full wipe prior to installing. Try the formatALL package in the OP prior to flashing the rom and see if that helps.

Is this "Seeder.v2" zip file a full ROM that is flashable or just some kind of an overlay/update to the existing DanteRom? I'm guessing the second one because when I download this file it is only 559KB in size. When I try to flash it, it errors out.

It says on the screen ...

Finding update package ...
    Opening update package ...
    Verifying update package ...
    E:Can't open /sdcard/Seeder.v2.flashable.unsigned.zip
    (Unknown error: 0)
    Installation aborted.

What's going on?

I'm using Xionia CWMA v1.2518.6? Is this OK?

Any help is much appreciated.

Updated Seeder package.
    Last edited by mikedbq; 01-22-2013 at 03:58 PM.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #541  

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Seeder a mod for Dante not the whole package.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

So how exactly do you add this mod if you don't flash it in Xionia recovery mode? The only reason I ask is because it errors out when I do it that way.

Thanks for your help on this!
    Axe

ROM
    Reborn ROM, CM9 Touchpad

Signature verification off?

I installed but now i have no signal and it says mobile network not available

ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

You might be on the wrong baseband prior to install. But there is a zvd to zvj patch that should get your network back.
    [Patch's]ZVJ to ZVD & ZVD to ZVJ Flashable zips(Optimus S)
    [Patch's]ZVJ to ZVD & ZVD to ZVJ Flashable zips(Optimus S)
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #546  

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

thekraven is likely right. This will only natively work on the ZVJ baseband. Try the baseband patch he suggested.

I flashed your ROM, its very nice and very colorful to say the least. I just have a couple of questions. First I have tried to partition my sd card (16G). I formated it and then attempted to partition in Xionia (1024 /swap 64), it just hangs. Also tried lowering the partitioning settings and nothing. Could there be something with the rom that is preventing the partition? I'm just trying to figure this out. I was going to use my friends phone to partition the card but thought I should ask you first just in case there would be an issue using a partitioned sd card with this rom.

Second, I use an LG HBS730 bluetooth headset. When I answer a phone call I get an automated service to push 1 to accept the call and 2 to send a voicemail. I've never run into this and I've checked settings and there are no options that allow me to disable this. Are you familiar with this? Any help would be great. Thanks for your hard work, I appreciate it.
    HTC Evo 4G
    4 Kornerz Ultimate OC'D 2
    BlackDome TSP_Supersonic KERNEL V2.1r1 02-19-13
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #548  

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Quote Originally Posted by bpa007tx View Post
    I flashed your ROM, its very nice and very colorful to say the least. I just have a couple of questions. First I have tried to partition my sd card (16G). I formated it and then attempted to partition in Xionia (1024 /swap 64), it just hangs. Also tried lowering the partitioning settings and nothing. Could there be something with the rom that is preventing the partition? I'm just trying to figure this out. I was going to use my friends phone to partition the card but thought I should ask you first just in case there would be an issue using a partitioned sd card with this rom.

Second, I use an LG HBS730 bluetooth headset. When I answer a phone call I get an automated service to push 1 to accept the call and 2 to send a voicemail. I've never run into this and I've checked settings and there are no options that allow me to disable this. Are you familiar with this? Any help would be great. Thanks for your hard work, I appreciate it.
    Within recovery, NOTHING in the rom can effect things. So no it is not the rom causing issues with your creating of a partition. If you want to create one (never used that mod myself) I would recommend doing a format sdcard from recovery (yes it WILL wipe everything from it so back up what you want FIRST) then retry your partition creation.

Your second question kinda sounds like google voice to me (but it would do it for normal calls too). If this is the case you can disable it from with a web browser of google voice (not within the app). If that is not the case, then I still doubt it is the rom itself. Has this headset operated normal on other roms?

Within recovery, NOTHING in the rom can effect things. So no it is not the rom causing issues with your creating of a partition. If you want to create one (never used that mod myself) I would recommend doing a format sdcard from recovery (yes it WILL wipe everything from it so back up what you want FIRST) then retry your partition creation.

Your second question kinda sounds like google voice to me (but it would do it for normal calls too). If this is the case you can disable it from with a web browser of google voice (not within the app). If that is not the case, then I still doubt it is the rom itself. Has this headset operated normal on other roms?
    I'll try formating the sd card in recovery.

I'm using the voicemail that came with the rom, I don't think its an issue with the rom, its the voicemail app. I don't know how to disable call screening.

I've used my headset with CM7, Reborn, and SlimBean and never ran into this.

Thanks for your help
    Last edited by bpa007tx; 02-27-2013 at 06:23 PM.
    HTC Evo 4G
    4 Kornerz Ultimate OC'D 2
    BlackDome TSP_Supersonic KERNEL V2.1r1 02-19-13

Running smooth as butter! I had tried the JB4.2.2/CM10.1 TheKraven posted, but couldn't deal with the battery drain. This one runs smooth and drains battery hardly at all. I think I found a keeper!

Thanks for all your hard work!
    Thanked by:
    hlxanthus likes this.
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425 ... LastLast