[ROM][ZVJ] 2.3.3 DanteRom v4 [UPDATE] 10/14/2012

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
[ROM][ZVJ][FINAL] 2.3.3 DanteRom v5 [UPDATE] 3/21/2014

Now with HydroKernel, Notification QuickPanel, Swipe2Clear, and BatteryBar!​

DanteRom v5 FINAL - ZVJ
________________________________________________​

DanteRom is a stock based rom, using the ZVJ community rom provided to us by jstntp. This Rom has come a long way! All modifications have more or less been added that I had hoped to when I started this project . QuickPanel has been ported, thanks to Drews work and advice. Most recently I have modded the Settings Menu to remove the dreaded "Privacy>Factory Reset" option because of the risk of bricking your phone. Another new addition is a new Boot Animation, see the change log for details. Although this is lightly themed, I am soon going to be theming a little deeper. But that is yet to come. Please ONLY report bugs after reading/searching this thread for others with the same issue and and possible fixes. Also note that you flash this at your own risk, please read the entire opening post

2012-05-08_192432.png
2012-05-08_192400.png
2012-05-08_192418.png

2012-05-08_193017.png
2012-05-08_192451.png

2012-05-08_192513.png
2012-05-11_105317.png

(Please note I have poor signal at home so these pictures are not indicitive of phone performance)

Why DanteRom?

This is designed as a themed and enhanced stock based rom. I am working toward incorporating all wanted features. Though I have not incorporated all modifications I desire, this is still an on going project for me. Features will be added as I find them, feel free to make suggestions.

The name Dante is partly in memory of a personal loss and as such kind of a tribute. Also, drop the "d" and you get Ante. Well this is me throwing my chips in to the game.

Initial Release
+GAPPS included!
+Removed Sprint Bloatware
+Performance Enhancements
+Dalvik2Cache mod for greater internal storage
+Removed Sprint boot animation and sound
+Extended Power Menu, adding "Reboot" and "Recovery" to the shut down menu
+Percentage Battery Mod
+Transparent Notification Center
+Removed stock launcher, replaced with Zeam Launcher
+Default wallpaper changed, no more snowy mountains
+All stock wallpapers now pushed to a folder on the SD card, were located in stock launcher
+FoxFi included for wireless tether
+Updated Google Apps
+General UI theming
v1.4 Updates
+Attempt at including the Amphedamine mod, but believe I removed the Dalvik2SDcard in favor of the Dalvik2Cache already in place
+Re-themed the notification dropdown to fix no text for downloads, Thanks Zhara
+Removed ES File Exlporer and replaced with Root Browser Lite with develpoers permission.
+Battery slightly re-themed to better match stock status colors.
v1.5 Updates
+Moved FoxFi and Terminal Emulator from system/app to data/app. They did not like being in system
v2 Updates
+Port of QuickPanel, thanks Drew!
v2.1 Updates
+Updated all apps. Now with a clean install there is 155mb free.
+CRT screen off animation now included.
+Install apps from unknown sources now enable by default.
+Media volume now moves in smaller steps with the volume rocker, 30 instead of 15
+Mod to allow smoother scroll within some apps
v2.2 Updates
+Incorporated Battery Bar Mod (found here, and Battery Bar Settings app.
+Added the Swipe2Clear mod for swiping away individual items from the notification drop down. Thanks for this goes to this thread here, as well again to Drew and Team Hydro
v2.2.1 Updates
+Added BatteryBar files missed in last update.
v2.3 Updates
+HTC_IME keyboard now baked into the rom! It is themed to match the rom.
+All apps have been updated, and those that can are in /system/apps to save storage space and allow maximum user data space.
v2.5 Updates
+Settings Menu modified to remove "Privacy>Factory Reset" as an option due to brick dangers.
+New Boot Animation added. This is an animation that I have modded from the AOSP 2.3 bootanimation.zip. Please give feedback!
v4 Updates
+Updated to SuperSU, the next generation of root permission management.
+Incorporated Goo Manager scripts to make future updates easier.
-This also means that the rom is now on GOO.IM servers, under my username.
-Also Goo Manager is included by default.
+HydroKernel has been included by default with Drew's permission.
+Updated all Google Apps.

About the Battery Bar Mod, this must be engaged from an app found within the app drawer. This is not my creation, but ported from this XDA thread. This seems like a very nice battery alternative/addition. You must first open the BatteryBar Settings app and uncheck "Show Battery Bar", close app, and reopen and recheck "Show Battery Bar" to engage. I recommend the #1 size from the BatteryBarSettings app as anything larger didnt quite look right to me. There are many options there, like changing its color. Automatic will place it as white (did for me), turn on static to get it to match current green battery.

My goal here is to ultimately retheme the current battery indicator to just a percentage with now static battery in favor of this battery bar mod. Look for this in future DanteRom updates. See below for a new rethemed battery icon mod.

2012-05-21_110554.png

This is a rethemed battery to reduce redundancy, removing the static battery part of the previous percentage battery icon. This replaces it with just the numeric percentage. Please only use with v2.2.1 or v2.3 of this rom. The above photo shows the battery bar in conjunction with this current mod to show changes made. Feedback is highly needed, as I am not quite sure on size, color ect.

Boot to recovery, wipe cache/dalvik cache, flash and enjoy! And remember, feedback please!

Battery.Percentage.v2.2.1.signed.zip

2012-06-02_073216.png

For those wanting the HTC_IME keyboard, it is now included! Swype is still enabled by default, simply enable HTC_IME from settings. This mod was found HERE! as well as the theming method I used.

Want this on another ROM? Here is a flashable version!

Bug List
-Double tap issue from ZVJ. Flash HydroKernalGB to fix Included by default.
-Google Search, long press to delete single history event Simply update Google Search from market. Now updated by default.
- Reported video issues from camcorder and streaming, CANNOT verify
-FoxFi force close upon activation Moved to data/app to fix
-Navigation not working. Update Maps from Play Store. Maps now up to date by default. Enable "Use wireless networks" via settings>location & security
-Key press sound partially muted. Issue found working on fix.
-Play Store error "Package File Is Invalid" - this is rarely seen to happen but is due to the dalvik2cache mod that is in place in some cases. The dalvik2dev mod by jstntp found here will fix you up but at the cost of a lengthy boot time.

Instructions:

-Download DanteRom.v5.zip place on the root of the SD card. Although it says it is signed, it is NOT. Please disable signature verification until I can fix it.
-Boot to Recovery, Cannibal Open Touch recommended but Xionia is still okay. (power down, then press Home, Vol Down, and Power and hold to the first LG splash)
-Create a nandroid backup, this is a must.
-Perform a full wipe, I use Debug-FormatALL.zip if on Xionia for simplicity. Seems Zefie's link is down so I uploaded it.(Zefie's page with the debug zips)
-Disable Signature Verification and (now signed!) Flash the zip file.
-Reboot and Enjoy!

If after flashing and rebooting and you DO NOT have service, you likely are on the zvd radio/baseband which is incompatible with this, a zvj based ROM. The fix for this is quick flashable that will patch the needed files to get your service running. Simply flash this from recovery at any point after installing the rom, no wipes necessary. Notice, flashing this if you ARE on the zvj baseband will break your service. Only flash this if you know you are on the zvd baseband or have already discovered you have no service. This is based on the existing baseband patch. It has extra files that break DanteRom features so I trimmed it down here.

http://db.tt/shrK2IJL

Kernel: (optional, but recommened)
-Please install Rom and boot into the rom first. Then download the kernal of your choice and place on the SD card. Boot into recover and flash, no need to perform any wipes
-drewwalton19216801's HydroKernal GB is my recommendation found here!
HydroKernel now included!

ATTENTION

When switching to Dante.Rom.v5.zip from you MUST perform a full wipe. Not doing so breaks functions within the QuickPanel Mod, and maybe others. Do NOT report any issues if you have not.

I have tested Amphedamine and found it quite stable so far. Feel free to flash.[MOD]Amphetamines! Inject your Optimus today! - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

As always, backup first as this has not been intensively tested yet on this rom. I recommend flashing separately from the other zips, so boot to recovery, perform a backup, wipe cache/dalvik cache and proceed to flash.
Amphedamine now included!

NOTE:
Do not report bugs or issues if you did NOT follow directions and steps listed above

Want to help me out? I have a few option below!

I am in great need of a new device to develop with for this rom and my many side projects here in the Optimus S forums. I never planned on doing this, as I do this work because I enjoy it and it is a challenge. But I have found I cannot make much progress without an actual device. So in the theory that every little bit helps, below is a donate button. Please help as you will all benifit.

btn_donate_LG.gif

Here is another way to help, I do need more space to host my files. I currently use Dropbox to host and share a variety of files. How can you help? Very easy, simply use the link provided here to sign up and I receive 500mb for everyone who does.

And who doesn't need a little cloud storage, 2gb worth for free! Still not conviced? How about that you can use the android app to instantly share files between your phone and your computer! And Instant Upload for your pictures means all those pictures you take will be waiting for you on your PC when you get home! Click Image below to help me out.

Huge Thanks go out to
jstntp, for all his help, support and guidance
drewwalton19216801 for all his advice and all his work. And of course for his work porting QuickPanel to the Optimus S. Without that, this rom surely would not have it! Everyone, go buy him a beer!
pvyParts, over at XDA for this wonderfull mod and guide. Thanks !!
Nick7 for pointing out how to get HTC_IME working within the rom.
dynamite33, for his guide to porting the Swipe2Clear to the Optimus One.thekraven, for getting me started on finding and removing the sprint animation (also LOVE your CM7)
zefie, for his great recovery and the format zips we almost all use.
The Android Central Community as a whole
Team Zeam, for creating an excellent launcher and allowing me to use it.
FoxFi for such a great tool and allowing me to include it
The developer of Root Browser, great program! If you like this, please purchase pro!
thewraith420 for offering so much help on testing, you have been a great help!

I am open to feedback and suggestions. Notification Power Menu is on my list, but is still a little beyond my knowledge base. Notification QuickPanel now included. I also do not want to add any more bloat unless it adds something significant, so no Titanium Backup ect.

Also, I have been thinking of removing live wallpapers, and then providing a flashable zip to restore them. How many of you use live wallpaper?

Not rooted or not on the ZVJ baseband? Click Here !! for a handy guide to enter the party.

New to Rooting and Romming? Click Here !! for a nice Beginners Guide to get you going in the right direction.

Last edited:

me2151

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ZVJ] 2.3.3 DanteRom v1 beta 04/27/20012

DanteRom v1 Beta - ZVJ

ATTENTION
DanteRom is a stock based rom, using the ZVJ community rom provided to us by jstntp. At this time it is within a beta release. Please ONLY report bugs after reading/searching this thread for others with the same issue and and possible fixes. Also not that you flash this at your own risk, please read the entire openning post

Why DanteRom?

So uh. i read the entire opening post >.>

Reactions: tmbs3

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

Dalvik2Dev Mod - provided by jstntp

Jstntp originally made this for HydroRom, and has given me permission to release it here. This mod is necessary to correct the Play Store error "Package File Is Invalid." This happens due usually to a large number of user installed apps. All user apps load partially into the Dalvik Cache during first boot. But the Play Store also needs space there during app installation. So the result is that new apps fail during installation. By moving the Dalvik Cache instead to the Dev partition it eleviates that space. The drawback, is that it is wiped on every boot and regenerated, so boot times are a little longer with this mod in place, so only use if you are getting this error.

Installation instructions
-Download - dalvik2dev-HydroRom-ZVJ.zip and place on the root of the SD Card. -Boot to recovery -Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache -Flash dalvik2dev-HydroRom-ZVJ.zip -Reboot and enjoy!

Below are a few more options. Dont like the dalvik2dev mod? Either remove or replace it with one of the zips below. Follow the instructions above to apply. Please note, simply disabling the dalvik2dev mod will return the dalvik to the data partition and impact your internal storage. The better option is the simply replace it with the dalvik2cache mod instead found below (this is the original dalvik mod that is included with DanteRom)

Download - DisableDalvik2Dev.zip
Download - RestoreDalvik2Cache.zip

Last edited:

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Alright, I may have to try this next week. ZVJ love with Zeam built in? Hells yeah. :cool: Congrats on your first ROM!

Reactions: hlxanthus

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
It's running great so far. Been trying everything out and haven't run into any problems. Now I just need a feminine theme :p

Edit: I don't really like zeam launcher all that well, but that's no big deal. I'm just picky lol. Unless there's a way to hide apps in the app drawer and customize the dock icons that I'm not seeing...?

Reactions: hlxanthus

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

It's running great so far. Been trying everything out and haven't run into any problems. Now I just need a feminine theme :p

Edit: I don't really like zeam launcher all that well, but that's no big deal. I'm just picky lol. Unless there's a way to hide apps in the app drawer and customize the dock icons that I'm not seeing...?

Well, zeam is less then half as big as the stock launcher and it is customizable. Love the scrollable dock, that is big time important to me for easy access to contacts I call nearly every day. Cant help with the feminine theme, but you are more then welcome to design a theme from my rom and I will then inturn keep it updated with the main fork (I will make this offer good for 3 or 4 themes for those interested in some theming work !!)

harsho1

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

Been a big fan of zeam launcher for a while now... very customizable but only about 400k in stead of 3-5Mb. This is a great ROM so far...

:D

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

I see what you did there, very nice! Thumbs up!

Glad you approve, Drew. Truth be told, this is very similar to Ginger Rom. But I did what I could to make it my own and include features I wanted and thought others would approve. I am still trying to figure out that nasty power notification bit. Uck! But I am still plugging away at it LOL

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, zeam is less then half as big as the stock launcher and it is customizable. Love the scrollable dock, that is big time important to me for easy access to contacts I call nearly every day. Cant help with the feminine theme, but you are more then welcome to design a theme from my rom and I will then inturn keep it updated with the main fork (I will make this offer good for 3 or 4 themes for those interested in some theming work !!)

Yeah, I did like zeam until I realized I couldn't change the dock icons, it just bugs me, I'm kinda ocd about my icons being all pretty lol. It's fine though, I'm used to using a different launcher anyway :)

The theme isn't a huge deal either. I wasn't trying to complain. I think you did a great job :D

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, I did like zeam until I realized I couldn't change the dock icons, it just bugs me, I'm kinda ocd about my icons being all pretty lol. It's fine though, I'm used to using a different launcher anyway :)

The theme isn't a huge deal either. I wasn't trying to complain. I think you did a great job :D

once you find a launcher that's your style, you can uninstall zeam from /system/app

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
once you find a launcher that's your style, you can uninstall zeam from /system/app

Zeam has replaced stock launcher2.apk and is in system/app. No reason to remove, just download a new launcher and set preferences. Or if adventuresome, pull your launcher of choice and move to system/app and delete zeam.

Reactions: adamhos

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08