[ROM][Sense 2.1] WildHeroC for LS670 ALPHA 0

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
WildHeroC
A Sense 2.1/3.0 port for the Sprint Optimus S

[WARN]This is an alpha build!
If you are not used to things breaking, builds failing to boot, and all breakage in general DO NOT FLASH![/WARN]

What is WildHeroC?
WildHeroC is the name of a popular HTC Hero ROM by XDA forum member flashinglights. It combines HTC Sense 2.1 from the HTC Wildfire with the Sense 3.0 lockscreen and a few extra goodies.

Why port to the Optimus S?
Quite simply, because I flipping can. And because it's always been a personal challenge to me, to get a version of Android running on the Optimus S that was NEVER designed to be run on such a device.

What is currently working?
Quite frankly, not much :p
1) It boots :cool:
2) HW Acceleration (smoooooth UI!)
3) Audio
4) Sensors (like accelerometer, EMF field sensor, etc)
5) Touchscreen (including multitouch!)

What is currently NOT working?
Quite frankly, not much :p
1) GPS
2) Radio (phone calls)
3) SMS/MMS
4) Wi-Fi
5) 3G Data
6) Video playback
7) Camera
8) Everything else

Known Issues:
Please review this list (as well as the list above) BEFORE reporting an issue!!!
1) Weird blackscreen issue with the lockscreen. WORKAROUND: Simply touch the screen to complete the wakeup process.

Screenshots:
In the Attached Thumbnails!

Changelog:
5/1/2012: First release (alpha 0)

Flashing instructions:
1) Download ROM to your SD Card (or download to computer and copy to SD Card)
2) Reboot to recovery mode (Xionia CWMA or CWMT Recovery are recommended)
3) Wipe /system, /data and /cache (CWMT Recovery has a menu item for this)
4) Turn off signature verification (THIS IS IMPORTANT!)
5) Flash ROM by choosing "install ZIP to sdcard" (or similar depending on your recovery)
6) (Optional) Flash HydroKernel GB Edition
7) Profit?

Download:
Download (Alpha 0)

Credits:
1) flashinglights for the original WildfireHeroC port
2) gannon5197 for telling me to port from the Hero not from the Optimus One (THANKS MAN!)
3) The Team Hydro gang, cause you all are cool people
4) The AndroidCentral staff, for being teh shizznit

Last edited:

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Sweet Drew!! I am assuming as radios dont work it doesnt matter what baseband? LOL I will definitally be trying this out tomorrow. :D

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
There isn't a ton to see but it's pretty functional for an hours worth of work.

Also, it takes a very long time to boot the first time no thanks to bloated Sense. Subsequent reboots are pretty quick.

Reactions: wormy987123

Lolanerd

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
what baseband will this be when it is working? ZVD?

If you're going for something thats never been done, you should try it on zvj. However, you're the dev so if thats like impossible or too tedious don't worry about it of course lol. Good luck!

Definitely not ZVD. Most likely ZVJ, since this Sense 2.1 build is based on Gingerbread.

Awesome looking forward to it!

Last edited:

prowlingfox

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that's pretty chill. I'll probably test this once some of the radio & wifi stuff is sorted out.

P.S........think you could use a different font in the OP? Comic Sans just kills my soul a little bit....hahaha (; Ban Comic Sans

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Woooooooooooottt. Look at this. we have ICS, MIUI and now SENSE. Can't get better than this.
Thanks for the effort Drew. I'm glad you decided to do this. Can wait patiently even if it takes time. *You should have seen me dance just by looking at the thread name* :cool:

mcasas

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Damn that looks sweet cant wait for a more stable build

Edit: had to look at the screen shots again that S looks tight

rebel69ization

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Saw this in another forum........... but the dev couldn't ever get it to do anything but boot up. Drew do you think you can? I asked him about it and he said he would definately work on it but no progress was ever made. Good Luck

me2151

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Saw this in another forum........... but the dev couldn't ever get it to do anything but boot up. Drew do you think you can? I asked him about it and he said he would definately work on it but no progress was ever made. Good Luck

Drew and i are both working on Sense roms atm. His is 2.1 mine is 3.5. we are both trying to it it functional.

Reactions: rebel69ization