lg optimus s

kat710

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone, I am new to posting threads so I will start very simple. I have an lg Optimus S that was rooted and then my son took over the phone. Now when you turn the phone on it goes right into android system recovery, when using the usb cable to hook to the computer, the computer doesn't recognize it. I have a sd reader and was trying to zip files onto the sd card and then putting into the phone and all I got was zip verification and signature not recognized. I have read all the other posts and nothing works, so I'm hoping that someone with a lot more knowledge can help me. Thank you very much

wormy987123

flashaholic
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
can you get into recovery? is so what recovery is installed as in Xionia, CWM, or Thunder C? and when you say zips are you talking about one you downloaded from here or somewhere else?

kat710

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I can get into recovery, it boots up as soon as you turn the phone on. No I did not use Rom Manager. The rom I tried was scotts rom and I'm not sure about the recovery it's just Android system recovery with an android an exclamation point with a triangle around it. Sorry to sound so stupid about it lol.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Does your recovery look like xionia here? http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=596820

If so you have a custom recovery, namely xionia. If instead you only have 4 options, then you have stock recovery. In that case you can place a sprint/lg update.zip on the sd card and run install sdcard update.zip (only from stock recovery). Let us know which you have for sure and we will point you in the right direction.

kat710

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
My recovery kind of looks stock but has these options:
Reboot system now
USB-MS toggle
backup/restore
flash zip menu
wipe
Paritition sdcard
mounts
other
power off
Build : RA-OptS-2.2.1-GNM
As soon as I power on it goes to LG and then to this:

Last edited:

kat710

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I appreciate any help I can get considering I researched this for 6 hours yesterday, the only way I can get anything on the sdcard is by using my sd reader and then putting the sdcard back into the phone. I did try to use stock updated zip but this is all I get:
E: No signature (679 files)
E:verification failed
zip verification failed!
zip isn;t signed correctly!
Installation aborted

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
i reccomend factory reset, wip caches, download reborn if ur on zvd, disable sig verification, flash if that doesnt help sorry. for some reason no matter how hard i tried i could never get that recovery installed

Hydro Rom
768 MHz
hydro kernel pre 4
amphetimine

kat710

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Just tried that it said download complete when I rebooted it when to Lg screen and then right back to android system recovery. Thank's for helping I guess that's not my only problem. just wish I could figure this out

kat710

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Is there anything else I can do besides run it over with my car? Would like to fix the phone, but it's almost seeming impossible

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Don't want to sound stupid but do I extract KDZ_FW_UPD on computer or on sd card?

I have never bricked my phone so have never used these method. But I do know the kdz file needs to be installed on your PC. If you have need of more help, post it in the first tread I linked for you as it is specific for bricked phones and you will get the best help there

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1