newbie needs a hand

WolfGod0805

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys i'm new to the forum, i've been wanting to root my optimus s for a while, and recently decided to go ahead with it, but my head is spining from all the directions im being pointed in from the many articles and threads im reading so i need a hand.

As said before, my phone is an optimus S, here is any and all info in my settings that i think may or may not be relevant from my searchs. Android version (2.3.3) Baseband Version (LS670MVJ_6150) Kernel version (2.6.35.7-perf lg-electronics@si-rd10-BLD165 #2) SW Version (LS670ZVJ)

Automated would be awesome, but step by step will get the job done, thanks for any and all help!

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
have you read the stickies? (the threads that are in their own separate box with the word "sticky" at the front)

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
What specific questions do you have? We generally do not respond well to an I give up. Here's my phone, you figure it out! unless it arrives with a SASE and about $50... in which case, my address is...

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
You need to start by returning to a previous version of stock operating system. Use this thread to get back to stock zvd baseband. http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=1314752
It is fairly straight forward, download a file to the root of the sdcard (not in any folder), boot to recovery (power down, then hold volume down, home, and power till you get into stock recovery). Then choose "install sdcard: apply update.zip" (don't remember exact wording, but should be one of four choices). Simply follow all prompts. After that is up and running, I would boot back into recovery and perform a factory reset/wipe data then reboot.

Then go here http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=1702510

This automated tool, once set up will then in turn be used to root zvd using option "a". This step is important. You must be on a rooted version of the zvd or zvh stock to achieve rooted ZVJ. Once you are all rooted thru the tool using option "a" you will proceed with the same tool using option "b" there is a small portion that will have to be applied your self, but the tools instructions will walk you thru it. Assuming everything goes as planned, again boot to recovery and perform a backup of the current system (under backup and restore). Then you are ready to choose a rom. There are a few decent roms for the baseband, hydro rom, ginger rom, and Dante rom. I am a little biased to Dante rom as its developer :D

Last edited:

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Just like everybody else says, revert to stock ZVD, ROOT ZVD using GingerBreak 1.20.apk (you can find it on XDA Developers; just Google it).. then you need to use ZVJ update.zip and ZVJ recovery to update to ZVJ. Then just root ZVJ using ZergRush.. check all of this thread's posts for a link to find the automated ZVJ rooting utility.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38