Apps safe to include

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Just a quick question. What applications are generally allowed to include in our roms without the ods' permission?

Last edited:

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
If included in the stock rom, it is safe. Any other google apps should be considered NOT okay to include. Other developers apps would be on a case by case basis. Go to the market, find an app you want to include. Click on the "developers website" and see if there is anything say it is safe to include. All apps I included (with the exception of terminal emulator) I checked and could not find an okay so I simply emailed and asked to include it. In all cases I asked I recieved a response within a day in the possitive. Gotta remember, most free apps have a paid version, so they look at it as it might generate paid app sales. It is highly recommended to simply ask for permission. What is the worse that could happen?

Reactions: gollum18

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
There's also that bit that says only stock based ROMs can include gapps in their ROMs; all others must have the user install them separately.

I'd love to see a good ROM that includes some superior 3rd party inclusions/replacements out of the box. QuickPic, Ghost Commander, ADW or Zeam Launcher, App Quarantine, Business Calendar, Ultra Chron, Wuala or Dropbox.... so many ways to add better functionality to a ROM and app function.

Just don't go too heavy on the try-to-buy apps and no one will start frowning upon you like they do legacy OS's that come with those hooks on the desktop.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm familiaer with the terms of use and due to the optis low memory I plan on only having 3 or 4 apps anyway, thanks for the suggestions.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2