boot hangs at boot animation

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I have been noticing that my phone has been hanging on the boot animation a few times this week. I have to end up pulling battery and trying to reboot, it might take 2 or 3 trys before it boots past the animation. Any Ideas on how to fix this problem?
I am on ZVD and running xionia reduxes kernel.
I can boot into recovery fine, computer see's phone just fine, & ADB works fine as well.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Don't take this the wrong way, but I know you have been running your data2ext mod for as long as I can remember........ this could be a symptom of an over worked sdcard. Just throwin it out there.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Don't take this the wrong way, but I know you have been running your data2ext mod for as long as I can remember........ this could be a symptom of an over worked sdcard. Just throwin it out there.
I thought of that myself too.
Sdcard is new, I replaced it about a month ago. I upgraded from a 8gb class4 to a 16gb class6.

Last edited:

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Again, try to grab a logcat.

He may not know how ( I have no clue myself)

From cmd prompt type:

adb shell logcat
The above quotes are from a conversation in the Re: [RECOVERY] CWMT Recovery 5.0.2.7-th8.1 (Froyo-friendly!) Thread

ok, so I want to run a logcat during my boot up to see if anything is making the boot hang.
I have never run this before so I dont know how to do it. How does it log the files when i can not connect to adb when phone is off! I want to see if there are any boot up errors( that is what logcat is for correct?) A. Do i start the logcat during the booting process, or B. wait until it's finished booting? (If it did not hang up that is). Now I see that the logcat continues to keep logging, how do I know what to post, or do I post ALL of it?

1. how do I post the results of the logcat on the forums?
2. What are you looking for in the logcat?

I have not been able to duplicate the boot hang up since I switch out the kernel, I was using XioniaRedux and I replaced it with picasticks. SO the problem might be fixed, But I want to learn how to use this logcat anyways, Since I am always modifying something or other. Sounds like it would make troubleshoot easier, especially if I am asking for your all help.