Integrate Google Voice SMS with Stock Messaging App

kylemaguire

Resident Teen
Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
So I use my OptiS as a Wifi only device. I've come to know and hate the Google Voice app. It is super buggy and force closes a lot on the ROM i'm on (Cold-As-Ice). I was thinking, "Hey, this is Android! I should be able to use the stock Messaging app with Google Voice."

I poked around the Play Store and found a App called "Google Voice SMS Integration" for $5. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...om.mdrtools.apps.gvintegration&token=M8pYS1-r

First of all, you must have GV app always installed. This app will work with GoSMS Pro, Vlingo and any other application which uses GoSMS or native messaging application.
You still can't send MMS (unless you have Sprint service).
You can choose to have all contacts send via GV or some to GV and some to your SMS plan.

Screenshot_2012-06-01-23-09-57.png

Screenshot_2012-06-01-23-09-35.jpg

OppyV

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
There's an option in the Voice app settings to have stuff sent to the Messaging app. Also, I send MMS from Messaging but I can receive to my Voice #, I get an MMS Received message in GV and the pic mail gets sent to my GMail. I never had to set it up it just... works like that. I have the VM Optimus btw.

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

kylemaguire

Resident Teen
Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
With MMS and Google voice, you can only receive pictures from people on sprint, but you can not send them via Google voice

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

jedah

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
There's an option in the Voice app settings to have stuff sent to the Messaging app. Also, I send MMS from Messaging but I can receive to my Voice #, I get an MMS Received message in GV and the pic mail gets sent to my GMail. I never had to set it up it just... works like that. I have the VM Optimus btw.

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

I think if you send messages to your messaging app, you will get charged as if you received a regular SMS. Would be nice if I was wrong, but I'm guessing that's why this app was created.