Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By williek113
  • 2 Post By ShadowEO
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    CM7/CM9

Default ios apps? specifically imessage?

is there any way, any way at all (I mean really, any way (i dont care how hard it is to do (seriously)) to get apple apps, more specifically imessage onto android? On the LG Optimus S would be better
    gingerc76 likes this.

ROM
    Drew's CM10

Default Re: ios apps? specifically imessage?

LOLNO!<funny/>

Anyway, No. There never will be. iOS applications are built explicitly for iOS (Mobile Darwin/OSX). Not to mention they're made in different programming languages (Android: Java/C++, iOS: Obj-C w/ iOS-Specific API). There also will never be an Emulator. Although if someone starts a Hackinpod project that would be awesome but the problem is that while Mobile Darwin is open-source, the UI and Apple Applications are not and cannot be ported.
    Last edited by ShadowEO; 06-10-2012 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Corrected some small grammar mistakes.
    Thanked by:
    Va1ha11a and gingerc76 like this.

ROM
    Drew's CM10

Sorry for Double Posting but this is worthy of a bump.

It seems that the idea of Hackinpoding that I just posted about has come to conception
    the ChronicDevTeam are working on a way to run iOS applications on top of a Darwin API layer implemented on a Linux Kernel. If this can get an ARMv6 port, then it would be extremely possible to run iMessage on an Android phone as well as have a complete iOS (up to iOS 5.0) experience on non-apple hardware!

Somewhere in the middle ...
    Thanked by:

Now be careful you risk being sued by apple here

ROM
    Drew's CM10

It's not porting though, it's making a binary compatibility layer much like WINE.

Sent from my LS-LS670 using Android Central Forums

You could use JOYOS stuff. The messaging app, music app, and the rest works on other roms.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    "The Button Pusher"

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cold as Ice - CM9 kraven

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuyLurkin View Post
    You could use JOYOS stuff. The messaging app, music app, and the rest works on other roms.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Yes, but it isn't the real thing..

With that being said, JoyOS for ARMv6 (it's out there; Google: "JoyOS Android CDMA MDPI ARMv6" you'll have to find the phone that is CDMA AND has an ARMv6 processor as well as an MDPI (320*480 screen size) screen and port it. JoyOS is the closest ANYONE will EVER get to OS on Android..

EVERYTHING from Apple is closed source. They really don't do any other platform than their own... Nothing from Apple is on Android, and it probably NEVER be...

Please click the like and thanks buttons if/when I help you out... Also, If you like my work, please consider donating. I greatly appreciate it! Donations are via PayPal, and you may use your debit/credit cards, as well as Bank accounts to help me out with the funds of continuing development of the LG Optimus S.

Thanked by 2:

ROM
    Drew's CM10

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickAkridge View Post

With that being said, JoyOS for ARMv6 (it's out there; Google: "JoyOS Android CDMA MDPI ARMv6" you'll have to find the phone that is CDMA AND has an ARMv6 processor as well as an MDPI (320*480 screen size) screen and port it. JoyOS is the closest ANYONE will EVER get to OS on Android..

EVERYTHING from Apple is closed source. They really don't do any other platform than their own... Nothing from Apple is on Android, and it probably NEVER be...

Not everything from Apple is closed source. Darwin is open source and by extension Mobile Darwin. The only parts that aren't open are the UI, OSX Specific frameworks and the applications.

I did just link a page to a project to run some iOS apps via a binary compatibility later like how the Linux WINE project works.

"The Button Pusher"

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cold as Ice - CM9 kraven

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowEO View Post
    Not everything from Apple is closed source. Darwin is open source and by extension Mobile Darwin. The only parts that aren't open are the UI, OSX Specific frameworks and the applications.

I did just link a page to a project to run some iOS apps via a binary compatibility later like how the Linux WINE project works.

Yes, but it'll be like a theme since the apps are closed source...

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Yes, but it'll be like a theme since the apps are closed source...

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums
    Umm, what does this have to do with themes?

Also:
    * Will it run iPhone OS apps?
    * No, because I'm not aiming to have compatible high level frameworks. Just think about how much work is required to have a 100% compatible implementation of UIKit or Celestial. HOWEVER, the CoreOS part should be 100% (or 99%) compatible. Just not the higher level OS. If you're just interested in this because it will "run iOS apps" please go away.
    Thanked by:

has there been any progress with this?

Global Posts
    416 Global Posts
    ROM
    it changes so much

[ROM] [PORT] Modded JOYOS for Optimus V- HUGE UPDATE 11-11-12 wish granted

** these are just words **
    beamed from the mothership...
    but its only a proxy for my
    lubuntu 12.04