How to backup?

bschwerdt

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to this, so my apologies in advance if the answer is already here and I just didn't see it.

I have an Optimus S, rooted ZVH, and want to get a backup. Thing is, I'm not sure how. I've seen recommendations for ClockworkMod's ROM Manager, but also a lot of brick warnings.

I want to get a full backup before I move forward to ZVJ or any other ROMs.

What works, and what do you recommend for backup?

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to this, so my apologies in advance if the answer is already here and I just didn't see it.

I have an Optimus S, rooted ZVH, and want to get a backup. Thing is, I'm not sure how. I've seen recommendations for ClockworkMod's ROM Manager, but also a lot of brick warnings.

NO rom manager, it is not compatible with our phones. It can, and will BRICK your phone if you use it.

Read up in the stickies about custom recoveries and how to flash and make a nandroid back up.
Specifically, http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...mus-guide-rooting-roms-recoveries-themes.html that thread.

Basically, once you have root, on whatever software you are on, you can flash a custom recovery, which allows backups and flashing custom ROMS from the SD Card.

Please read up, as it will save you much confusion and questions later.

Read twice, then flash.

Welcome!

Sent from my LS-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: bschwerdt

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

Whatever you do don't use ROM MANAGER!!!
Also if you plan on updating to ZVJ do not unroot you're phone. Like previous post said, read the stickies first and then re-read them.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

kylemaguire

Resident Teen
Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
To drill this in your head, no Rom Manager. But I know what you mean that Rom manager can backup. (The "Backup current ROM" button). Install a custom recovery, I love drews new cannibal one. Boot in to that and go to Backup and restore then click backup. Make sure your SD card has enough room and be patient it will take time!

After that reboot your phone and install Titanium Backup from the Play Store. This will let you back up apps and their data to your SD card. If you pay the money for PRO, then you can backup to Dropbox, box.net, and Google drive.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums