[FINAL][ENDOFLIFE][ROM][ZVD] Joylicious, JoyOS, v1.0.3d - 8/25!

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: [WORKS!][PORT][ROM][ZVD] Joylicious, Port/JoyOS, v1.0.3d - 7/

Gannon did one, so did others, but this one was based on Torches work--but he is no longer developing for the Optimus V and the guy doing this continuation seems to be continuing to improve the rom further along than the original. That's why I'm interested.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Awww. ;)

Well I try my best to keep at it. As soon as apktool stops being a butt and compiles my APK and we can replace it, the sooner 1.0.5 can be shot at the OP.. I am working on it as best as I can, but I am extremely busy. I've got to read a book BEFORE Monday, and finish up Marching Band Camp this week... our camp goes from 1 PM to 9 PM central time.. as you can see, I am fairly busy. :-\:-\

I still am working on this. Guys, don't lose hope! We got this! :cool:

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Any chance this will work on the Optimus V using the patches to convert it to a VM rom? I mean the ZVJ to ZVD ones?

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

I can't say wether or not if it would work.. I mean, I am not a V guy so I wouldn't ask me, but IF you can convert S ROMs to V ROMs, test it out. Nandroid before though.

You can port it if you want and take it over to the V's forums, but be sure to ask thekraven if you can use his CM7 ROM (you will be using my ROM which uses his as a base; yup.. I asked) FIRST because I don't want him getting upset.

If you want to use 1.0.2 or 1.0.3d, you can.. You will just have to continue the development on your own (wouldn't want to port from me every version; it'd get tiring, trust me, I know :cool:)

Good Luck!

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Grounded?

You can test if you want. It is a beta build. Some things DON'T WORK.

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

FROM THE DESK OF PATRICK, THE ANDROID ROBOT:

DEVELOPMENTAL STATUS - PUBLIC NOTICE:

We are on our way to being a Public build. Please hang tight for this week.

I know most of you probably HATE me right now, but the ROM is still being developed. I am working as best as I can. We are playing with the Test/Beta Build now, but the Settings menu is being edited heavily. If you would like to have a copy of the Test build to mess around with in the mean time to kind of see how we are doing as of now (it will not be a Public build! It will be a Test/Beta build. You are warned.), send me a PM and we will get you a copy of it.

Thanks for keeping it real and being awesome.

Your Developer
- Patrick Akridge

Last edited:

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

Take your time, you're doing great with this. And of course, yet another iPhone user's mind annihilated in confusion...I was at a friend's last night, and she has a Sprint iPhone 4. When I showed off the Optimus...yeah, she was shocked to say the least. "Reactions people have to seeing their beloved iPhone UI on a "lowly" LG Optimus of any kind...PRICELESS."

Though here's an interesting oddity: on my phone, it doesn't even say "Virgin Mobile" anymore, it just says "Roaming Indicator Off" or "Roaming Indicator On". (But if roaming is turned OFF, how is that even possible either way!?) I WOULD restore my v1.0.3 nand, but I LIKE that this newer one is has better English in it. :p

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I was at a friend's last night, and she has a Sprint iPhone 4. When I showed off the Optimus...yeah, she was shocked to say the least. "Reactions people have to seeing their beloved iPhone UI on a "lowly" LG Optimus of any kind...PRICELESS."

That's the feel, right there! I love the look people's faces get when they see my phone in action, running "iOS" on such low end hardware...

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
That's the feel, right there! I love the look people's faces get when they see my phone in action, running "iOS" on such low end hardware...

Yep. The funniest reaction came from my ex-gf. She was actually and genuinely pissed!!

Patrick, you won't believe this madness: v1.0.4b WON'T BOOT FROM A FRESH WIPE AND INSTALL!!! Gets to the Apple logo and freezes. Naturally the initial boot takes long, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't take 20min to do. Had to restore my v1.0.3 nand and dirty flash over it to make it work. (Except now TB wants to be catty and slow to a crawl on restoration of apps, forcing me to reboot and do them individually...in fact, it's acting screwy at this very moment, as it seems to have hung in restoring Inotia 3.

Also, I have no idea if it's the GB gapps or the ROM or what, but I don't have Google Talk anymore...and according to this lady I spoke with, that is part of the reason why I've had so many problems with Google Play/Android Market.

Sent from a Purple LG-LS670 with CM9...the New Wolzard Phone...yes.

Last edited:

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Yep. The funniest reaction came from my ex-gf. She was actually and genuinely pissed!!

Patrick, you won't believe this madness: v1.0.4b WON'T BOOT FROM A FRESH WIPE AND INSTALL!!! Gets to the Apple logo and freezes. Naturally the initial boot takes long, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't take 20min to do. Had to restore my v1.0.3 nand and dirty flash over it to make it work. (Except now TB wants to be catty and slow to a crawl on restoration of apps, forcing me to reboot and do them individually...in fact, it's acting screwy at this very moment, as it seems to have hung in restoring Inotia 3.

Also, I have no idea if it's the GB gapps or the ROM or what, but I don't have Google Talk anymore...and according to this lady I spoke with, that is part of the reason why I've had so many problems with Google Play/Android Market.

Try re-wiping. I think that might help. The ROM has gone CRAZY lately.

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Me and Shinkenred are working on this next build. I finially got apktool to compile the apk due to incorrect EOL Characters, but the Phone Info still force closes when I remove the menus, so I put the menus back in there and set the menus to be disabled, well, the disabled in still enabled, so I still have work to do. Sorry.

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

What is up with Google? Why would they cancel your Google Voice problems and WHY would it have an effect on the Play Store? That just doesn't make sense to me.

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
WHY would it have an effect on the Play Store? That just doesn't make sense to me.

Shared libraries. I remember this sort of thing from my 98Lite\NT5 (Fred Vork) days when I was hellbent on removing IE from my system. An amazing amount of functionality gets split up into various binaries and libraries to the point where removing one thing can break a bunch of other seemingly unrelated apps or functions.

These days I've mostly given up on that sort of thing and moved on to Linux. Of course since my favorite desktop is GNOME 2.x I have a whole new bunch of insanity to deal with....

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

What is up with Google? Why would they cancel your Google Voice problems and WHY would it have an effect on the Play Store? That just doesn't make sense to me.

NOOOOOOOOO, they didn't cancel it. The Google Talk app just isn't there at all. And I checked my ex's ZTE Score *and* her Kyocera Zio...they both have Google Talk. Being a system app, it's supposed to be there (then again, so is the Play Store, and that went poof somehow - had to go find that and download it seperately...meaning the "uninstall updates" button now actually just says "uninstall" like any other app, lol!!).

If I felt like all the hassle of it (since I'm here at the library and can thus do certain things), I WOULD kick the Opti S back to stock JUST to see if Talk shows up. But since that's a ton of hassle, I may just dig into the GB Gapps and see if it's in there, lol...I have no idea WHY it simply vanished.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
NOOOOOOOOO, they didn't cancel it. The Google Talk app just isn't there at all. And I checked my ex's ZTE Score *and* her Kyocera Zio...they both have Google Talk. Being a system app, it's supposed to be there (then again, so is the Play Store, and that went poof somehow - had to go find that and download it seperately...meaning the "uninstall updates" button now actually just says "uninstall" like any other app, lol!!).

If I felt like all the hassle of it (since I'm here at the library and can thus do certain things), I WOULD kick the Opti S back to stock JUST to see if Talk shows up. But since that's a ton of hassle, I may just dig into the GB Gapps and see if it's in there, lol...I have no idea WHY it simply vanished.

That almost sounds like a corrupted gapps. Did you check md5 sum or just try redownloading gapps, booting to recovery, wiping cache/dalvik cache, flashing gapps package and rebooting?

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

That almost sounds like a corrupted gapps. Did you check md5 sum or just try redownloading gapps, booting to recovery, wiping cache/dalvik cache, flashing gapps package and rebooting?

Trying this now...
...it seems to have worked. Here's what happens now, folks:
The Setup Wizard kicked in. I'm assuming it probably WAS a corrupted Gapps, as I don't recall seeing this before.

Talk is properly set in place.

Going into iLauncher to set the icons alphabetically smacked me back to the initial Setup Wizard, but after it FC'ed, a little TB love put that silly wizard on ice.

Regular Gmail is still in place, which is good because the one in the "Email" setup simply can't connect for whatever reason. (It probably has to have live phone service instead of wi-fi to connect.)

Play Store is back to being properly set in place, though those stupid errors STILL HAPPEN (can't download/update apps due to so-called insufficient space errors when I have about 50MB left on both internal RAM *and* on my 16GB Micro SD card).

Overall, the scrolling seems to be a LOT faster...so do the accelerometers (or whatever the motion sensor that flips the screen between portrait & landscape is called)

Apart from STILL having the errors in the Play Store, things are generally a LOT smoother now.

Reactions: PatrickAkridge

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Trying this now...
...it seems to have worked. Here's what happens now, folks:
The Setup Wizard kicked in. I'm assuming it probably WAS a corrupted Gapps, as I don't recall seeing this before.

Talk is properly set in place.

Going into iLauncher to set the icons alphabetically smacked me back to the initial Setup Wizard, but after it FC'ed, a little TB love put that silly wizard on ice.

Regular Gmail is still in place, which is good because the one in the "Email" setup simply can't connect for whatever reason. (It probably has to have live phone service instead of wi-fi to connect.)

Play Store is back to being properly set in place, though those stupid errors STILL HAPPEN (can't download/update apps due to so-called insufficient space errors when I have about 50MB left on both internal RAM *and* on my 16GB Micro SD card).

Overall, the scrolling seems to be a LOT faster...so do the accelerometers (or whatever the motion sensor that flips the screen between portrait & landscape is called)

Apart from STILL having the errors in the Play Store, things are generally a LOT smoother now.

Oh my G.D. (G*d).. That is soooooooo good to hear.

I have had a rough week of High School and I am ready for the weekend!

Email does NOT NOT have to have Mobile Network. An email will do. I got it to work on mine. I will post the apk to mediafire and just drag it to /system/app or just adb push it.

Then you.... Nevermind. Give me five minutes and read your private messages.

Thanks Shinkenred.

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

Interesting.

Anyway, I've heard that the Opti V's Amphetamines mod would likely work on the Opti S, but I've seen no difference at all. Hmmm... :-\ (let's find out...)

EDIT: CRAP...so much for that. NONE of the GB kernels are compatible with CM7. There's gotta be another way to speed this puppy up...

Last edited:

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Interesting.

Anyway, I've heard that the Opti V's Amphetamines mod would likely work on the Opti S, but I've seen no difference at all. Hmmm... :-\ (let's find out...)

EDIT: CRAP...so much for that. NONE of the GB kernels are compatible with CM7. There's gotta be another way to speed this puppy up...

The kernel that is BUILT in is Bobzhome kernel... the one thekraven incorporated into the ROM....... SERIOUSLY?! NONE OF THEM?! That is a shame.

Bobzhome may be up for overclocking. Kraven, I must ask, is it?! ....... Check his thread. I think that he has some kernel posts there. We have got to overclock this thing. It slowness doesn't bother me, but if it bothers other users, something must change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21