[FINAL][ENDOFLIFE][ROM][ZVD] Joylicious, JoyOS, v1.0.3d - 8/25!

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
HELP ME PLEASE! I NEED HELP WITH THESE MENUS!
DEVELOPERS, PLEASE READ THIS. AFTER ENDLESS GOOGLE SEARCHES AND FORUM POSTS, I HAVE FOUND NOTHING. Developers, I know you are super busy, but do you mind helping me with somethings? I can't get any replies to the thread I opened and Google turned me upside down and backwards about this.. I can't seem to remove the SIM Settings and Master Clear from Settings. I want to move some menus to other windows, but I don't know how do it. I did what thekraven said to do about checking a certain XML file called "privacy-settings" and it wasn't there. It is under About Phone > Master Clear (RESET) Can you please turn me to the resources necessary for figuring out how to remove menus and switch them around? Please reply when you get a chance. THANKS. As soon as I get this figured out, I will need some help getting this compiled for the first time on my own. I have not done Settings like this before, so It is my first time. Lots of you guys started as Themers and I am trying to work my way up, but I don't have the resources to do so, so maybe you can lead me to them? I appriciate what you do for us Opti users. I hope that I can make a commitment to the community as well. Thanks guys. If you have ANY idea on how to do any of this, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post here or Private Message Me A.S.A.P (as soon as you get time;
cool.png
) Thanks developers!
_________________________________________________________________ As for my Joylicious Developers, I will be working on the other APKs in the meantime. I promise: As soon as I can get Settings like I want it, Grammar Error Free, Brick Possibility Gone, SIM Settings Gone, I WILL put out another build, until then, please use the patches. Love you guys.

IF YOU LIKE THIS ROM, HIT THAT THANKS and LIKE BUTTON BELOW. I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

NOTICE - READ BEFORE YOU CONTINUE
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT CM7 BUILDS ARE PURELY BY THEKRAVEN. THE CM7 BUILDS ARE USED AS A BASE, THAT IS ALL. I SENT THEKRAVEN A PRIVATE MESSAGE ASKING FULL PERMISSION TO USE THE ROM IN ITS ENTIRETY. THEKRAVEN HAS DONE A LOT FOR THE OPTIMUS S COMMUNITY AND NEEDS TO BE THANKED PROPERLY (i.e. NOT HERE) SO PLEASE GO LIKE AND THANK EVERY ONE OF HIS ROM THREADS TO FURTHER SUPPORT HIM. PLEASE.. DO NOT MIRROR OR COPY ANY LINKS OR ANY WORKS OF HIS AND RENAME THEM AS YOUR OWN. THIS IS A PORT... A JOYOS PORT. CM7 IS JUST USED TO HOLD THE ROM TOGETHER.. LIKE GLUE. AGAIN, THE CM7 PORTION OF THIS ROM IS NOT NOT (READ: NOT) MINE. IT IS THEKRAVEN'S. THANK YOU TO THEKRAVEN FOR THE GREAT ROMS AND THE EXTENSIVE SUPPORT TO THE ANDROIDCENTRAL COMMUNITY...

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
QUICK REMINDER:
The abbreviation "ETA" is not in my vocabulary. Please do not ask me when the next ROM will be released.. I am NOT trying to be rude, and I try VERY quickly to upload the new versions of Joylicious Optimus. To be quite honest, I don't know when I will upload the next ROM or ROMs.. I don't want to start forum drama. If I make you mad, please let me know. I am here to develop this ROM, not criticize you or any other AC member. I don't steal someone's work for my own. If it is their work, give proper credit to their threads. I don't think it is fair for them to do all of the work, and you just copy and paste the link and call it your own. I am learning. I may not know how to fix every problem. I am NO WHERE NEAR as good as Drew or thekraven. They are far better than me.. In fact, most of what thekraven posts in his threads are a foreign language to me.. Please DO report bugs, but please keep in mind that I am learning. I will not ignore your bug reports, but will find a way how to fix them, even if I have to openly ask the whole AC community right here on this thread. Thank You Drew, thekraven, me2151, and all of the other developers out there for being so awesome and putting out great ROMs for us to use and share....

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SUPERUSER NOT IN THE ROM? FIXED!
SuperUser is still giving problems, but with some help from the AC Members on this thread, we have created a flash-able zip to install SuperSu and the SuperSu Binary into the ROM... The zip installs SuperSu and its binary. Don't worry... SuperSu is identical to SuperUser and has almost the same UI... I tested it, too. I removed BOTH Root Management applications and flashed the zip.. It works. Root Permissions Work. SuperSu will be incorporated into v1.0.2 when it is released. Thanks for the great support.
WHAT IS JOYLICIOUS OPTIMUS?
This is a port of the JoyOS ROM based off of CM7 from the LG Optimus V.... Please note that I am learning. I have almost no clue as to what half of the files do, but I am reading up on them and am learning to create an awesome ROM... It features lots of COOL different things, certain mods such as slider mods and such.. Give it one flash, one time. You'll love it.

NOTICE -
This ROM was purely created because I wanted to. I could not have done it without kraven's port of CyanogenMod 7 and megaghostgamer's torch2424's port of JoyOS... Please go Like/Thanks each of their OP's from the two threads (see reference section).. I guess you could say that it is a port of a port...

ROM RELEASES - CHANGE-LOGS AND KNOWN BUGS -
NOTICE -
This ROM works. You can fully communicate on this ROM with your device. Everything works as expected; the only bugs reported so far are minor and mostly cosmetic.
Alpha1 (AKA 1a) - Initial/Final Alpha Release
What works:
  • It boots ;) - the ROM boots fine, doesn't hang.
  • Signal - the phone detects signal; the signal indicators are working fine...
  • Battery - the phone detects the battery and the lock-screen displays the charging battery animation like the iPhone does.
  • Lock-screen - the lock-screen is SMOOTH as butter if there is not a FC pop-up in front of it. The Charging animation and the "Slide to Unlock" animations work fine..
  • Notification area - you can access notifications right now..
  • Quick Settings - the Quick Settings are accessible to from the Notification area.. I don't know if the settings work, but they are accessible.
  • Power-Off Menu's - the Power-Off menus such as "Slide to Power-Off" and Reboot work. I rebooted into recovery to restore my stock ZVD backup. ;)
  • Receiving Phone Calls- You can receive phone calls..
What doesn't work:
  • Data
  • Navigating across the ROM - the Launcher constantly FC's and so does Google acore... There is no launcher that doesn't FC right now, so you can't navigate around the ROM..
  • Launcher - there is no way to get around the ROM because the launcher FC's and you can't get around it...
  • Everything else and I don't know.. - as I said, You can't get around this ROM.. you can't go into Settings.. you can just Unlock, See Notifications, Charge, and Power-Off basically.
Download link has been fixed. I organized my MediaFire Files and I found it.. Thanks for the support. If you wanna be a daredevil and flash a non-working ROM, download it from the Downloads section below...​
Version 1.0. - First Public Release
Forgot to edit Build.prop - was never uploaded. Build Upload Skipped to v1.0.1..​
Version 1.0.1 - Initial Stable Release
What Works:
  • Data/3G; 1X/Edge
  • Signal
  • Phone Calls (In and Out)
  • Text Messaging
  • MMS/Picture Text
  • Launcher
  • Market
  • Lock-screen
  • Power-off Menus
  • Camera
  • Video Recorder
  • Sensors
  • Pretty Much EVERYTHING else
What Doesn't Work:
  • Wifi might seem borked to you. If so, reboot. It does the trick...
  • 3G on FRESH install ONLY (doesn't affect all, but some).. Check 3G Data Fix in Installation Directions..
Change-log:
  • Removed FM Radio (JOYFM.apk) (I could NEVER get it to work)
  • Removed SuperUser due to "Denied" error and the fact that it wouldn't allow root access to ANYTHING.. even it's own app.. See top of post
  • Tried to add edited "ON and OFF" sliders from the HTC Shift 4G ROM that I ported (I edited their .png files) and now the sliders' images are messed up.. The Sliders still work! Only messed up in settings.. Will fix .png files later.. Patcher available... See the patcher in this section; download in the Downloads section..
  • Edited build.prop file to fix "User Build, ROM version, ROM Build Date, and others.. Also, changed date format to dd-MM-yyyy; will fix to MM-dd-yyyy in next build..
  • Edited ROM version and ROM in Settings > Phone Info > Version Info
  • Removed JoySystemUpdate (JoySystemUpdate.apk) to eliminate "This is not an official Joy Release" toast pop-up messages (I hated those!)...
Known Bugs:
  • The "ON and OFF" sliders in Settings have a weird image over them due to HDPI .png images in a MDPI ROM Port.. Will edit the .png's later.
  • Notification "Clear All" button in Chinese; found the .png's.. just tring to figure out how to get the button transparent when I fix the button..
  • Screen Lock/Unlock Sound doesn't work.. Why? I don't know.
  • TONS and TONS of Grammar/Spacing Errors throughout the ROM.. Settings is the main spot.. Will try to figure out how to fix..
  • 3G on FIRST boot and SOME reboots to go into Settings > Operators > Access Point Names and you have to tap on the FIRST dot to get the 3G to work.. After that, it sticks just fine..
  • *#*#INFO (4636) #*#*'s Wi-Fi and Signal Menus FC the Testing Area..
  • Settings > Phone Info > Status, Logcat, and the Notification Bar shows the carrier as Virgin Mobile.. PLEASE NOTE that the ROM may say Virgin Mobile, but it STILL is on Sprint. If you dial *2 (customer service), it says "Welcome to Sprint, the NOW NETWORK." and I was using ALL of the services on the phone (Data/Messaging/Calling) all weekend with no problem... Will fix this bug later..
  • "Insufficient Space" Errors in the Google Play Store have been known to occur.. Try wiping Play Store Data/Cache and the PHONE's Cache/Dalvik Cache.. In a rare case, you may have to clear data.. Will talk to dev's to see how to fix...
Joylicious Optimus v1.0.1 Slider Patcher -
NOTE - This is a toggler/slider patcher (try saying that fast! :p).. It has been uploaded check download section for download link Just so you know - Patcher Version: 1.5.. Known Bugs for the Patcher:
  • When PRESSING the slider, the FIRST "OFF" image is slightly bigger than when you RELEASE the Slider... If you flash the zip, you'll see what I am talking about..
  • In JoyClock, the sliders have white corners.. I have no idea what that's about.. I will try to fix according to the backgrounds of JoyClock..
This Patcher Fixes:
  • The weird Slider images in Settings in v1.0.1 of Joylicious Optimus.
  • Changes the "| and O" to "ON and OFF"... Still working on the .png files from the JoyClock and JoySettings APK's... Those same APK's will go into v1.0.2 when it is released. I will then release another patch for v1.0.1 and 1.0.2 that will fix the two bugs in the two versions..
How do I install this patch? Flash this zip in your preferred recovery (no need to wipe anything; It does it for you)..
SuperSu APK and Binary Installer for v1.0.1 (it is installed by default in 1.0.2 and so on) -
What is this? When Joylicious was born, a problem was discovered that SuperUser was declining all root apps access to root permissions, even with the ROM being rooted. The problem was solved by removing the app from system/app and redownloading from the Market, but this zip installs SuperSu's APK and Binary.. SuperSu was built from scratch and is somewhat better than SuperUser.. This zip will eliminate any problems with SuperUser, thus removing it. What does it do? As stated, it installs SuperSu's APK and Binary... How do I install this? Download Zip, Check its MD5 Checksum, place on SD Card (using ADB Push, USB Mass Storae, or a Card Reader),and Flash the zip in recovery (No need to wipe anything... It does it for you)...​
You can locate the download link in the download section..​
Version 1.0.2 -
Change-log:
  • Added FoxFi for Data Tethering over Wi-Fi
  • Added SuperSu APK
  • Added SuperSu Binary
  • Added FULL Working Adobe Flash Player 11 for ARMv6 Processors
  • Replaced JOYSettings and JOYClock with the patched versions from the patcher (fixes the "| and O" sliders to "ON and OFF"; they work now)
  • Replaced Key Lay-outs and Keychars from 3-7d of CM7 (No.. I will NOT mirror his link)
  • Fixed the SuperUser denied error by adding SuperSu..
  • Added Adobe Flash Player 11 for ARMv6 Processors
Known Bugs: The bugs found now are just cosmetic and nothing serious. Everything works as expected, but there are just some cosmetic bugs..
  • In JOYClock, the sliders have white corners.. As posted in the bugs section of the patcher, I have no clue why this happened.. I will try to get the png's fixed by next build..
  • Virgin Mobile Branding.. Yeah... It still branded. Ugh.. I am trying to fix this..
  • Notification "Clear All" button in Chinese; found the .png's.. just tring to figure out how to get the button transparent when I fix the button..
  • Screen Lock/Unlock Sound doesn't work.. Why? I don't know... Will ask devs...
  • TONS and TONS of Grammar/Spacing Errors throughout the ROM.. Settings is the main spot.. Will try to figure out how to fix..
  • To fix 3G - 3G on FIRST boot and SOME reboots require you to go into Settings > Operators > Access Point Names and you have to tap on the FIRST dot to get the 3G to work.. After that, it sticks just fine..
  • *#*#INFO (4636) #*#*'s Wi-Fi and Signal Menus FC the Testing Area..
  • Settings > Phone Info > Status, Logcat, and the Notification Bar shows the carrier as Virgin Mobile.. PLEASE NOTE that the ROM may say Virgin Mobile, but it STILL is on Sprint. If you dial *2 (customer service), it says "Welcome to Sprint, the NOW NETWORK." and I was using ALL of the services on the phone (Data/Messaging/Calling) all weekend with no problem... UPDATE - Still have this problem in 1.0.2... Working to fix it..
  • "Insufficient Space" Errors in the Google Play Store have been known to occur.. Try wiping Play Store Data/Cache and the PHONE's Cache/Dalvik Cache.. In a rare case, you may have to clear data.. Will talk to dev's to see how to fix...
Version 1.0.3 -
Change-log:
  • Changed Default Wallpaper to "Wet Glass" like an iPhone's wallpaper - may have low picture quality. Will change to proper resolution later. Thanks.
  • Added iPhone Wallpaper - there are like 10 or 15 of them. Some of them are 320*480, not all of them are.
  • Changed bootanimation to an apple style wallpaper.
Version 1.0.3b - Change-log:
  • Exchanged Boot Animation for the default "JoyOS" boot animation - the Apple style wallpaper had .png errors and was misplaced and blurry. I will try to fix as soon as possible.
  • 3G now works on boot. No APN fixing, deleting, or replacing is required. It is enabled and working by default. If you have a data limit, you may want to disable it.
Known-Bugs (both versions)
  • V. Mobile Branding still working to fix (I now know that I have to decode the XML files in the apk's to resolve it).
  • Testing section (*#*#4636#*#* in dialer) force closes in some options like Wi-Fi and the Mobile Data options.
  • Default Wallpaper might be blurry in some instances. I know for a fact it is with the default launcher.. try using iLauncher Lite or iLauncher Pro (Donate)
Version 1.0.3c - Just so You Know - The Boot Animation is bad a*s. It now looks like an iPhone booting up! It is freakin' awesome! Change-log:
  • Raised JPEG quality to 100%
  • Raised Video Recording quality
  • Changed Build Date (forgot to do that in the last couple of builds)
  • Changed Build Version
  • Changed Boot Animation to Apple Boot Splash Screen (thanks, Google Images; if you want to see references for v1.0.3b and 1.0.3c, see attachments)
  • Somehow fixed the Notification Button (I honestly don't know how! I discovered this within the last version)
Known Bugs:
  • Virgin Mobile branding (I know, I know. Sorry. I am still working on using apktool; I have to decode the XML files, edit them, and encode them again)
  • *#*#4636#*#* force closes in some options..
  • Tons of spelling mistakes in Settings
  • Others?
Version 1.0.3d - Minor Update to the v1.0.3 line - Change-logs:
  • Removed vending.apk (Market) from the ROM due to legal issues. You are not supposed to have G'apps in custom ROMs. Please download the latest Google Apps in the Downloads section. NOTICE - the G'apps zip will NEVER move from the Downloads section. - This should help with the Google Market issues as far as the built in Market goes.
Known Bugs:
  • Freaking V'Mobile Branding (Ugh!)
  • *#*#4636#*#* Closes in some options?
Version 1.0.4 - Version 1.0.4a - Testers ONLY! Change-logs:
  • Fixed Grammar errors in Settings
Known Bugs:
  • Some Text is overlapping each other in Settings
  • Some text is too long, making it not show up...
  • Some grammatical errors remain in Settings (I can't get apktool to compile the edited edited (edited Settings.. edited) Settings APK.. gettings errors. May have to start from scratch again.. I keep messing up the public.xml file somehow which is giving me errors)
  • Build.Prop not updated.
  • Phone Info Force Closing in Settings (which is good; prevents accidental bricking)
Version 1.0.4b - TESTERS ONLY! Change-logs:
  • Fixed Build.Prop to match build date and build ID..
Known Bugs:
  • Same as 1.0.4a... Some of these bugs include:
  • Phone Info Force Closing (prevents accidental bricks; working to get the menu back working with the privacy wipe gone!)
  • Overlapping text in Settings
  • Text (SOME) is too long in Settings
  • Chinese Notification button that appears sometimes (found the PNGs; I just need to edit them and create either a patcher or update the v1.0.4 line..
  • SIM Settings that may or may not cause bricks (DO NOT TRY IT; While it is NOT confirmed, don't make it confirmed if you get what I am saying... Don't mess with SIM Settings)
  • *#*#INFO#*#* maybe Force Closing
  • Same as v1.0.3d Bugs..
All Versions - JoyClock English Patcher - Converts all JoyClock Chinese into English - v1.0 Change-logs:
  • Fixes World Clock cities into English
Known Bugs:
  • NONE!
Installation Instructions:
  • Place on SD
  • Reboot into Recovery
  • MUST MOUNT SYSTEM!
  • Flash with Signature Verification OFF!
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS -
- Download the ROM - Check the ROMs MD5 Sum; see Downloads section for each Zip's MD5 (NOT an Option.. the Zip isn't signed so you need to check the MD5 Sum; I'd check it anyways, signed or not) - Place ROM on the SD Card - Place your favorite G'apps on the SD Card (they are EVERYWHERE in our forum) - See DOWNLOADS section. - Reboot into Recovery - Make a Nandroid Backup (THIS IS NOT AN OPTION! IT IS REQUIRED. I EVEN MADE A NANDROID BACKUP WHEN I FLASHED) - Wipe System, Boot, Cache, and Data (wipe data for the first time.. If you keep JoyOS, you shouldn't have to wipe data EVERY-TIME).. - Flash my ROM with Signature Verification OFF... Having Tech. Difficulties with Zip Signer.. So for now, Flash with Sig. Verification OFF. - Flash G'apps If you have v1.0.1 currently, do these two steps, If you have anything higher, skip these two steps... - For v1.0.1, FLASH the SuperSu Installer to get Root Permissions to work. This is an alternate option to downloading SuperUser from the Market. SuperUser's Binary is installed in v1.0.1. This zip will install SuperSu's APK and Binary.. It is better than SuperUser.. Keeps you from download SuperUser from Market.. - For v1.0.1, Install the Slider Fixer if you want. It changes "| and O" to "ON and OFF" - It is a good idea to run Fix_Permissions from an ADB Shell, Terminal Emulator, or Recovery.. I even did it. - Reboot -IMPORTANT - TO FIX 3G ON REBOOT.. Go to Settings > Operators > Access Point Names and click on the FIRST dot until the 3G icon shows up.. they had to do this over on the Optimus V too... - Sign in to Google - Grab iPhone Notifications and iLauncher Lite from Market (that is a better launcher than the STOCK JoyOS launcher) and follow the iPhone Notifications and iLauncher Setup Below these.. - Your ROOT permissions should (read: Should and WILL) now work..​
DOWNLOADS -
WARNING -
DO NOT MIRROR ANYONE'S LINKS... IT JUST UPSETS THE DEVELOPERS.. Thank You.. - Patrick Akridge
NOTE
If you prefer, you may see all of the Joylicious Optimus UPLOADS (Releases, Patches, Extras, etc) by clicking this link - Free Cloud Storage - MediaFire .... Thanks!
Google Apps - These are thekraven's Google Apps from his CyanogenMod 7 thread. PLEASE go like that thread. Once again, these G'apps aren't mine. Thank You for understanding. DOWNLOAD THE LATEST BY CLICKING THIS SENTENCE. v1.0.3 -
1.0.3 - Upload skipped because I needed to fix the bootanimation. 1.0.3b - Download - Joylicious_Optimus_v1.0.3b-unsigned.zip 1.0.3c - Download - Joylicious_Optimus_v1.0.3c-unsigned.zip MD5 Sum - 4d7c0a3c818e572979b3ad98cfa9512f - Please check MD5 Sum before using LATEST RELEASE - 1.0.3d - Download - Joylicious_Optimus_v1.0.3d-unsigned.zip MD5 Sum - 6aa4b180a93bbdb44d0a15aa56949b5a
v1.0.4 - TESTERS ONLY! DO NOT SEND REQUESTS TO TEST. Test Builds are in RED... Public Builds are in BLACK.
1.0.4a - Download - Testers Only.. I skipped upload due to un-updated build.prop MD5SUM - N/A LATEST RELEASE (FOR TESTERS) - 1.0.4b Download - Testers Only. Check your Private Messages MD5Sum - 88318ee0385539ea98ef1fcb0b85ca8f
JoyClock English Patcher - For ALL versions - v1.0
Download Link - flashableclock.zip MD5SUM - e6b9ef04ac736bde809190bf5910eb90
IMPORTANT! - Older Releases: For versions - Alpha1, v1.0, v1.0.1, Slider Patcher, SU Patcher, v1.0.2, please see below Extras. All of these versions mentioned will be there. I will only be keeping THREE of the LATEST versions in the downloads section to save space and organize the thread. All versions of v1.0.3 and v1.0.4 (latest builds) will not be affected. Thank You for your patronage.
FUTURE THOUGHTS -
Future Thoughts:
  • None for now.
EXTRAS -
iPhone Ringtones (NOW WORKING) - Flash in recovery (no need to wipe anything... it does it for you..) -iPhone_Ringtones-unsigned.zip Adobe Flash Player for ARMv6 (APK) - Adobe_FlashPlayer_11.0.1.152.apk - I don't know where I got it from, honestly. I downloaded it from one of the forums, I just lost the link forever ago... Keep in mind that this isn't mind and I wouldn't post a link without asking, but I lost the link.. seriously. Firefox for ARMv6 (APK) - Download Firefox from here - https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla...y-android/fennec-13.0a1.en-US.android-arm.apk - That is the official link.. straight from the Mozilla Firefox on ARMv6 Mobile Processors Google Discussion.. Check References for the discussion link
Older Releases - Downloads
Alpha1 (1a) - First/Last Alpha Release This ROM is missing the proper lib files to work correctly - DOA - However, I have put the link up directly below in this release's section for educational purposes.. Please do not mirror the link or post it as your own.. I work very hard to keep up the work for Joylicious Optimus... If you want to be a stunt-man, Download - JoyOS-thunderc-basedoffCM7-ZVD.zip MD5 Checksum - Checksum not available for this file. v1.0 - Whoops! This is embarrassing.. Lost the link in Ubuntu - Link not Available v1.0.1 - First STABLE and Public Release - Download - Joylicious_1.0.1-unsigned.zip MD5 Checksum - Temporarily Unavailable ON and OFF Toggler/Slider Patcher for v1.0.1 Download - ON_OFF_Slider_Patcher_v1.5-unsigned.zip MD5 Checksum - Temporarily Unavailable SuperSu APK and Binary Installer for v1.0.1 Download - SuperSu_and_Binary_Installer-unsigned.zip MD5 Checksum - Temporarily Unavailable v1.0.2 - Disregard the .zip.zip ending.. I renamed the file in MediaFire to .zip instead of .zip.zip -Patrick Akridge Download - Joylicious_Optimus_v1.0.2-unsigned.zip.zip MD5 Checksum - Someone please leave a reply to remind me to do it next time..

FOR A MORE iOS LOOK -
To get the look and feel of iOS 5, please follow these simple steps.. You will need an Internet connection (whether it being 3G, 1X, or Wi-Fi is up to you)... You will also need the Google Play Store (Market) installed on your device.. This takes 5-10 minutes depending on how fast your Internet is.. Alright... Let's get going.. - Download iPhone Notifications from the Play Store (Market.. whatever you wanna call it) - Open up the app.. - Follow the on-screen guide to activate the service - Back at the app's home-screen, tap "Choose which apps to monitor" - Scroll down to "Messages (Capability) (it is Blue) - tap it and select "Alert" as Notif. Style - Select "Android System" and select "Alert" as Notif. Style - De-select or select which ones you want... - Download iLauncher from the Market.. (it is a BETTER launcher) (go Pro.. I have Pro and it is better) - Download AI Type Keyboard Free - Follow the Instructions and Setup the Keyboard - Once you can access the AI Type Keyboard Settings, tap "Appearance" - Go to Keyboard Theme and select iPhone theme.. - Go Back to Appearance and de-select "Top Row Visibility" - Select "Popup on key-press" - Select "Key-press Vibration Mode" and Select "Light" - Select "Sound on key-press" - Select "Set key press volume" and tap "Default" - Select "Auto-Correct Vibration" and Select "Light" - Select "Auto-Correct sound" - Select "Set Auto-correction sound volume" and Select "Default" NOTE: Once you go into Landscape Mode, you will have to make the keyboard bigger by holding the up and down arrow button on the right side and dragging up. -Download these iPhone Ringtones (I got the iPhone Ringtones zip from another forum and extracted them and made them flashable.. Forgot which site it was.. Check References.. DOWNLOAD - iPhone_Ringtones-unsigned.zip - Reboot into Recovery - Flash this file to get iPhone Ringtones (no need to wipe anything; it does it for you) In Settings (SYSTEM Settings): Operators' Settings: - International Roaming (Check the BOX) - National Data Roaming (Check the BOX) - Access Point Names > USCC > MENU KEY > Delete APN Location Settings: - Wifi and Mobile Network > OFF Calling Settings: - Always Use Proximity (Check the BOX) Display Settings: - Auto-Lock > 15 Secs. - Notification Roll > ON - Center Clock > ON - Net Operator Show > ON - Left Battery Percent > ON Sounds Settings: YOU HAVE TO INSTALL iPHONE RING-TONES FOR THIS TO WORK.. - Notification Volume > 100% (MAX) - Ring-tone Volume > 100% (MAX) - Calling Ringtone > Xylophone - Notification Ring-tone > Apple Da Ding (The default iPhone notification sound; I got my sound from Zedge in Google Play Store.. Just type in "Apple" in Zedge... You know what it sounds like.. - Screen Lock Sound > ON Date and Time Settings: - Date Format - MM-dd-yyyy CM Settings (Found under Others): - Application > Allow Application Moving (Check the BOX) - Application > Permissions Management (Check the BOX; allows you to decline an app a permission [i.e. Contact Viewer with the FINE_LOCATION (GPS) permission.. you can decline it that permission..] To do this, turn the feature ON then go to Applications.. Tap the app, the tap the permission.. It will be crossed out ) - Display > Screen Off Animation (UN-CHECK the BOX) makes it look like an iPhone.. - Input > Long-Press HOME Settings > Recent Apps Number > 15 - Interface > Over-scroll Effect > NONE - Interface > Status Bar Tweaks > AM/PM Style > Small - Interface > Status Bar Tweaks > Compact Carrier Style (Check the BOX) - Removes the Carrier Label from Notifications.. Helps make it look like iOS - Lock-screen > Screen Timeout Delay > 5 seconds - Lock-screen > Screen Turned Off Delay > Immediately - Sound Settings (THE SETTINGS IN CYANOGENMOD SETTINGS, NOT SYSTEM SETTINGS.) > Silent State (Check the BOX) - Sound S'ttings > Always Play on Speaker > SELECT ALL THREE. - Att. of Set Volume > SELECT ALL THREE TO 10 dB.. ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ SCREEN-SHOTS ARE BELOW. THERE ARE MANY SCREENSHOTS TO REPLICATE HOW JOYLICIOUS ROM LOOKS CURRENTLY. SCREEN-SHOTS WILL BE UPDATED WITH EVERY BUILD RELEASED... AGAIN, THERE ARE TONS (READ: TONS) OF SCREEN-SHOTS. PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO LOOK AT THEM AND THE THREAD/ROMs REFERENCES UNDER THE SCREEN-SHOTS SECTION... IF YOU JUST WANT TO LOOK AT REFERENCES, I FIND THAT IT IS EASIER TO PRESS AND HOLD THE PG.DOWN (PAGE DOWN) BUTTON ON THE KEYBOARD.. YOU'LL GET THERE...

SCREENSHOTS -
3zGwWDORq9cxugACW7MJSd
4VZnPSsdwdMnT4pBrJgFL5
2pZ81xHRgO0SJRzxDLNWJy
00y9o3C2Tf6DOGPSZI3nai
7j7fcVNJaH7P073SrwoLcn
1p4sdUVFalTZm49DqyUSiY
6SGT2hRxjIEZKfnEvjKAKH
0xnfdH0Fc7BMbSrEWIQHqH
5SYAYfOnCDvrw8TO19nRKl
68v7f6lXnfNf8v68kbMFXU
4wH60GdPPE4EjGm2TYXSZQ
3upeySHKbtYl54ei8xOc74
2QpB7hCXgt778luupHKRWr
3hvOWeJFufa8wAciCD9ffS
4ZeXvGCsG0ImAaNlFhoSF4
6sSKHqlBN7G2Zvt3uE5aPq
7SFQb78O6UWpXMh3GjGFUP
0X5o4SyLkMVcYCgLq9hOQB
3z6jnH7f9sehh4uc9yjUr4
5gVDu0l7oSay1dnKQWmUkd
2EeSISxGysFSxffSLz2kBj
0SxE6aVOwmiGm0gdWc48Ht
3abmnMBO4XCOoAcwuyYvpA
0ku2uVjJtWp9qYAej32Opo
4sUImpd3nky3JSFaf62T0v
6sJGbFIGR5UeB3VPu7nmVq
0on6f5xmMT4S8XMVgWXAl2
37zHvvPREaqcUD7QcsS9SP
2r4DQ42eoKfVwu1JONsx4s
14enTeaMtgBdJva5WvAmnF
3gMCPIcuXUq7NteOJjuhAA
________

REFERENCES -
References: How to port JoyOS to your device - GUIDE | How To Port JoyOS To Your Device | 2 Minute NOOBS Guide ~ blindndumb List of some common Build.prop tweaks - List Of Some Common Build.prop Tweaks ~ blindndumb megaghostgamer's Port of JoyOS for the HTC Shift 4G - [ROM] [BETA] JoyOS Port [CM7.2 Based] - xda-developers thekraven's Port of IHO CyanogenMod 7.2 - http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...rt-optimus-s-thekraven-2-7-2012-zvd-only.html My HipDroid Boot Animation and Theme (the community project) - http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...boot-hipdroid-theme-anime-1-0-upd-6-10-a.html My All-in-one Wiper for ClockWorkMod OR Xionia (works with both, but must flash with Sign. Verification OFF in Xionia) - http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...l-devices-wipes-boot-one-click-wiper-cwm.html Torch2424's Port of JoyOS for the LG Optimus V - http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...ort-joyfully-optimus-ios-gingerbread-rom.html iLauncher - https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...5ldC5zdWNrZ2EuaUxhdW5jaGVyMiJd&token=Wr9E77ED iLauncher Lite - https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...cherLite&feature=search_result&token=5hYnLlg3 iPhone Notifications Lite - https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...b25lbm90aWZpY2F0aW9uc2xpdGUiXQ&token=Guod4ab-.. iPhone Notifications - https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...MuaXBob25lbm90aWZpY2F0aW9ucyJd&token=JLgl0DfX iPhone Ringtones - Where to find stock ringtones ?? (I didn't ask permission because everyone uses the ringtones)... This zip is purely intended for research, development ONLY... Do NOT sell this zip as a part of a bundle or anything else.. No Copyright Violation intended. :) Take a chill pill, Apple. SuperSu - [21.06.2012] SuperSU v0.92 - xda-developers SuperUser - https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...S5ub3NodWZvdS5hbmRyb2lkLnN1Il0&token=27ry33MA. (The dot is a part of the link.. Don't leave the period [or dot] out..) Firefox on ARMv6 Mobile Processors Google Discussion Link - https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mozilla.dev.platforms.mobile/EcmL9mTAsM8/discussion - the first post is at the top.. That is where both of the APK links are.

___
Thanks for using Joyful Optimus!

Last edited:

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
This is a port of the JoyOS ROM based off of CM7 from the HTC Shift 4G... Please note that I am learning. I have almost no clue as to what half of the files do, but I am reading up on them and am learning to create an awesome ROM...

I am using thekraven's CyanogenMod 7.2 as my base as of now. Again, the CM7 ROM is not mine, it is thekraven's. The CyanogenMod ROM was left unchanged when I copied the files over and edited the build.prop files.. The CM7 version used was 3/7d...

All of the references can be found in the reference section down below...

[NOTE] This ROM is for the ZVD (VD) Baseband ONLY. If you flash this on any other baseband, the ROM will NOT boot! Please check your baseband BEFORE you flash..[/NOTE]

This ROM was purely created because I wanted to. I could not have done it without kraven's port of CyanogenMod 7 and megaghostgamer's port of JoyOS... Please go Like/Thanks each of their OP's from the two threads (see reference section)..

Changelogs and ROM Status:

[NOTE]As of now, the ROM boots, but I am getting acore FC's and JoyOS Home (Launcher) FC's, therefore, I can't access ANYTHING EXCEPT for the Notification/Quick Settings area.. The lock-screen and power off menus are visible for now too..[/NOTE]
Alpha0 - Initial Release...
What works:

• It boots ;) - the ROM boots fine, doesn't hang.
  • Signal - the phone detects signal; the signal indicators are working fine...
  • Battery - the phone detects the battery and the lock-screen displays the charging battery animation like the iPhone does.
  • Lock-screen - the lock-screen is SMOOTH as butter if there is not a FC pop-up in front of it. The Charging animation and the "Slide to Unlock" animations work fine..
  • Notification area - you can access notifications right now..
  • Quick Settings - the Quick Settings are accessible to from the Notification area.. I don't know if the settings work, but they are accessible.
  • Power-Off Menu's - the Power-Off menus such as "Slide to Power-Off" and Reboot work. I rebooted into recovery to restore my stock ZVD backup. ;)
What doesn't work:

• Data
  • Navigating across the ROM - the Launcher constantly FC's and so does Google acore... There is no launcher that doesn't FC right now, so you can't navigate around the ROM..
  • Launcher - there is no way to get around the ROM because the launcher FC's and you can't get around it...
  • Everything else and I don't know.. - as I said, You can't get around this ROM.. you can't go into Settings.. you can just Unlock, See Notifications, Charge, and Power-Off basically.
Screenshots:

Installation Instructions:

Download the ROM, place on SD Card, use my CWM or Xionia all in one wiper with data wipe and wipe boot (see reference section) (flash with sig. verification OFF) OR wipe Boot, System, Data, Cache, Flash with Signature Verification OFF...

Download:

Please do remember that you can't do anything with this ROM right now... You can charge, unlock the AWESOME lockscreen, see notifcation area and quick settings/toggle area, and see the power-off menus, and power-off. You can't get around the ROM right now, but I am seeking help and trying to figure out how to fix the FC's..

Alpha0 - JoyOS-thunderc-basedoffCM7-ZVD.zip

________

References:

How to port JoyOS to your device - GUIDE | How To Port JoyOS To Your Device | 2 Minute NOOBS Guide ~ blindndumb

List of some common Build.prop tweaks - List Of Some Common Build.prop Tweaks ~ blindndumb

megaghostgamer's Port of JoyOS for the HTC Shift 4G - [ROM] [BETA] JoyOS Port [CM7.2 Based] - xda-developers

thekraven's Port of IHO CyanogenMod 7.2 - http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...rt-optimus-s-thekraven-2-7-2012-zvd-only.html

My HipDroid Boot Animation and Theme (the community project) - http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...boot-hipdroid-theme-anime-1-0-upd-6-10-a.html

My All-in-one Wiper for ClockWorkMod OR Xionia (works with both, but must flash with Sign. Verification OFF in Xionia) - http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...l-devices-wipes-boot-one-click-wiper-cwm.html

___
Thanks for using Joyful Optimus!

No screenshots, no downloads.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: [WIP][ROM][ZVD] Joyful Optimus, Port of JoyOS + CM7, Alpha0

No screenshots, no downloads.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

I know :-\

I am trying to get it booted again now.. I think ADB is borked because I can't access Settings>Development..

I'll figure something out..

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Do it boots or no
And if so it sounds epic as hell will try when you get it up

Sent from my LS670

As the OP states, it boots, but you can't navigate around the ROM. The launcher Force Closes and therefore, you can't access anything. The Notification area, the Quick Settings area, the lock-screen, and power-off menus are accessible.

Reactions: thenameisnigel

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Okay.. When I "ported" the ROM, I added/replaced ALL of the lib files for the ROM.. I followed these instructions...

"1. Copy libandroid_runtime.so from JoyOS to Base ROM, Other Wise ROM won't boot.
2. Copy libsqlite.so and libsqlite_jni.so from JoyOS ROM to Base ROM , else you will get acore process error and continuous FCs" from How to port JoyOS to your device

The ROM boots, but google.process.acore force closes and I can't get around it...

How I flashed?

Wiped Boot, Cache, Data, System, Dalvik Cache and Flashed the Joyful Android ROM..

Then I rebooted into Android, rebooted into Recovery and fixed permissions and wiped Dalvik Cache and Cache AGAIN. I even tried wiping data... It can't be a contact storage/calender storage can it?

I figured out why I can't get around the ROM.. google.process.acore force closes and causes the launcher to restart and hang... It does this EVERY TIME google.process.acore force closes..

Does ANYONE have ANY suggestions? I need advice from a Dev's point of view... :-\

yodaboy18

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

Okay.. When I "ported" the ROM, I added/replaced ALL of the lib files for the ROM.. I followed these instructions...

"1. Copy libandroid_runtime.so from JoyOS to Base ROM, Other Wise ROM won't boot.
2. Copy libsqlite.so and libsqlite_jni.so from JoyOS ROM to Base ROM , else you will get acore process error and continuous FCs" from How to port JoyOS to your device

The ROM boots, but google.process.acore force closes and I can't get around it...

How I flashed?

Wiped Boot, Cache, Data, System, Dalvik Cache and Flashed the Joyful Android ROM..

Then I rebooted into Android, rebooted into Recovery and fixed permissions and wiped Dalvik Cache and Cache AGAIN. I even tried wiping data... It can't be a contact storage/calender storage can it?

I figured out why I can't get around the ROM.. google.process.acore force closes and causes the launcher to restart and hang... It does this EVERY TIME google.process.acore force closes..

Does ANYONE have ANY suggestions? I need advice from a Dev's point of view... :-\

torch2424 has this over in the optimus v section. http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...joyfully-optimus-ios-gingerbread-rom.html#anb

Ask him he may be able to help you. optimus v and s are pretty similar.

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Thanks!

Developers, do you have ANY idea(s) why this might be happening?

I can't get a clue...

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Nearest guess I have is you are porting an hdpi to an mdpi device. I would have tried porting from the htc hero CDMA version over on xda (make sure to get permission to port). It is an arm6 device that runs on CDMA and has a mdpi screen. Just a thought. Honestly , I had been giving this some thought to port myself, and that was going to be my process. Just hadn't really gotten far enough to give it a go due to my busy work schedule right now.

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: [WIP][ROM][ZVD] Joylicious, Port of JoyOS + CM7, Alpha0

Nearest guess I have is you are porting an hdpi to an mdpi device. I would have tried porting from the htc hero CDMA version over on xda (make sure to get permission to port). It is an arm6 device that runs on CDMA and has a mdpi screen. Just a thought. Honestly , I had been giving this some thought to port myself, and that was going to be my process. Just hadn't really gotten far enough to give it a go due to my busy work schedule right now.

That's probably EXACTLY what it is..

The HTC Shift's Screen-size is not MDPI.. It like 800 by something..

Could that REALLY cause a FC in google.process.acore???

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Don't know, just throwing out a thought dude. I had thought of trying to just go ahead and port from the hero, but I don't want to rain on your parade. Also, I am far from an expert dev, so take my suggestions at face value.

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Don't know, just throwing out a thought dude. I had thought of trying to just go ahead and port from the hero, but I don't want to rain on your parade. Also, I am far from an expert dev, so take my suggestions at face value.

I am gonna port from the Optimus V...

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

Yes.

Acore is because of a few libs.

Data is because it's based off Cyanogenmod, so it should be ZVD just like CM7.

tlrsax54

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

I dont think he did the full port. He missed libs and some others. Permissions, etc....

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

I think in step 8 copying all the .so files, you over-write the important files that he mentions at the end...

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Someone running zvd try this.

http://db.tt/Sl9v19SE

Install using thekravens directions. Backup, FULL WIPE, flash rom then gapps that kraven suggests.

Patrick, if this works I will take this down and help you construct your own. As I said I do not want to take this from you.

Thakraven, if you see this, I believe you are not receiving pm's or I would have asked permission first. Let us know if do not approve of this use of your work. All credit is yours, so you have final say in its use. If you would rather we will post instruction so people can build thier own, or perhaps a simple mod flash so as not to use your work directly.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Someone running zvd try this.

http://db.tt/Sl9v19SE

Install using thekravens directions. Backup, FULL WIPE, flash rom then gapps that kraven suggests.

Patrick, if this works I will take this down and help you construct your own. As I said I do not want to take this from you.

Thakraven, if you see this, I believe you are not receiving pm's or I would have asked permission first. Let us know if do not approve of this use of your work. All credit is yours, so you have final say in its use. If you would rather we will post instruction so people can build thier own, or perhaps a simple mod flash so as not to use your work directly.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

No.. I can't take all of the credit.. Buddlespit got a copy of JoyOS running on the Optimus S... It has FULLY working data, wifi, bluetooth, calling, text, web.. EVERYTHING. Just like CM7..

Why did you want me to install barebones? And thekraven's PM's ARE OFF. I asked his permission to use CM7 for JoyOS, but thekraven didn't respond.. It's been over 12 hours.. and when I sent him the Private Message, he WAS online or so said his profile... still no reply...

I think in step 8 copying all the .so files, you over-write the important files that he mentions at the end...

See... I don't think so.. I paid attention and it actually copies the files...

I dont think he did the full port. He missed libs and some others. Permissions, etc....

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

That would make sense, but I followed all of the directions all of the way down..

Yes.

Acore is because of a few libs.

Data is because it's based off Cyanogenmod, so it should be ZVD just like CM7.

It is based off of the ZVD Framework...

I've already fixed it for you. Check google+

Thank You so much, Buddlespit.. I have gotten Buddlespit's JoyOS running based off of the 2/7 build of CM7.. I am gonna have to play with the zip and edit somethings because somethings just drive me absolutely INSANE... Like the iPhone like ON and OFF switches but instead have "| and O" That drives me CRAZY.

Buddlespit gave me permission to use his..