ICS CDPI : Closed for now

duffieldj1

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
7/15/12:

*All Google Market downloaded apps FCs are fixed*

To fix all incompatibility with any apps you download in the Google Market use LCD Density Modder Pro to change the DPI and when you download the modded Google Market, set the option to download the 120 DPI Google Market so when you download apps you will get the 120 DPI version of the app and that should fix all incompatibilities

I tested this with Opera Mini and Mobile Browsers @ 140 DPI on TDM's 7/14 AOKP Nightly

View attachment 30921 View attachment 30922

7/12/12 :

SUCCESS!!!!! There are no glitches thanks to the phone apk from HTC Wildfire's latest AOKP Port from -This Thread-, and HTC Wildfire's latest CM9 Port from -This Thread-

View attachment 30287 View attachment 30288 View attachment 30289

Fixes for Phone App FC & Calling Function Glitches:

I am trying to find the best phone apks, the ones below are the current ones that work the best for me on the listed roms @ 130 DPI

These apks have been tested on TDM's 7/11 Quattrimus ICS Milestone 6 Nightly Port of AOKP, TDM's 7/11 Quattrimus ICS Nightly Port of CM9, and TheKraven's CM9 Alpha 16 E @ 140 DPI. These apks may or may not work on previous builds, I have not personally tested them.

Instructions:

To change the DPI I highly recommend you use LCD Density Modder Pro from the Android Market because it includes the fixes for Android Market issues

Download and extract the Phone.apk *These zips are NOT flashable*

Use adb to remount the system as writeable (Type [adb remount] without the brackets into command prompt) then move the Phone.apk to /system/app (Type [adb push {location to Phone.apk} /system/app] without brackets into command prompt) Note: To access adb go the the location of the adb.exe file the hold shift and right click in the blank area in the folder then click open command window here. Also there are other ways of moving the Phone.apk to /system/app folder and this method is not required... If you have trouble then search how on google... -Google knows everything-

*If you can't get these apks to work, then make a post and I'll help*

*The apks under the specified roms have to be used with those roms only or you will get glitches and/or errors*

For TheKraven's CM9 Builds:

View attachment 30290

For TDM's Quattrimus ICS CM9 Builds:

View attachment 30290

For TDM's Quattrimus ICS AOKP Builds:

View attachment 30291

Discontinued for now. *Google Market issues are fixed please read above* If you need a fix for your phone app, all I do is just go through ldpi roms and test... But it is extremely time consuming because there are a lot of glitches and there aren't really that many roms that I can use b/c some of them are GSM based so the phone app isn't compatible... But besides that I am not even using ICS anymore, I am going to wait till I have more time to help with testing... So it's back to GB and full functionality.

The only real fix that I think that might work is if one of the dev's compile ldpi versions of the ics roms for our phones if that is possible... But if it is too hard then it really isn't worth it for CDPI unless anyone has time at disposal, and also with the development of the roms I am sure things will eventually start to fit better on our screens... It just takes time patience and hacking

Last edited:

thattypicalnerd

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Q] ICS DPI & Phone App FC

Oh just a tip- 182 DPI works too, oddly enough. But that causes tons of problems with Market and sizing for our phone. I posted this too in the bug reports at the original thread.

duffieldj1

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site

Well I am reading up more on how they fixed it in the XDA Forums, and I am going to try to make an apk or mod my current one

duffieldj1

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site

I have no idea what I am doing and I have no idea how to fix the phone.apk... Any Ideas?

Last edited:

duffieldj1

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site

Use the phone.apk from an LDPI CM9 rom

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I have been trying that but I couldn't get it to work but I found a thread in XDA for the Optimus V with an apk that works... but I had to clear all data to finally get it to work

duffieldj1

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site

I used the Phone Apk from This Thread and it works but there are a few glitches in the app so I went looking around for other ICS ROMs for LDPI phones, and the phone.apk from the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini's Latest KANG ROM seems to work the best... I tested all of the buttons and everything on 130DPI and there are no glitches... So I attached the apk if anyone else was having glitches

Edit: If you have problems getting it to work try clearing cache or data

-This apk will not let you answer calls because the buttons are below the screen-

Last edited:
Reactions: cole2kb

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Do you get a "voice calling not supported" message? I was doing this with my V using a Phone.apk from a Wildfire and it used to work, but after a version change on our ICS roms I started getting that error.

I know it sounds silly, but have you guys actually tried making and receiving calls and not just opening the dialer to see if it crashes?

Thanks for the info.

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Tried it. I have no signal right now so I can't complete a call but it doesn't say Voice Calling Not Supported any longer. Thanks again for sharing.

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
With the ldpi phone.apk, the only glitch I've seen is the answer and ignore thing. Each slide has a picture of ignore.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
With the ldpi phone.apk, the only glitch I've seen is the answer and ignore thing. Each slide has a picture of ignore.

One time I had the call slider show no icons and when I tried to slide all of them were the camera icon. After that I started getting the voice calling not supported nonsense.

Irrelevant now though, this one seems fully functional.

duffieldj1

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site

The Glitch that I was having before I tried using the Sony Ericsson's Apk was when you click into the dialer while you are in a call the 1 key didn't show but you could still click it and also I noticed that when you click the end call it hung for a sec and made a glichy unlock screen sound

duffieldj1

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site

Do you get a "voice calling not supported" message? I was doing this with my V using a Phone.apk from a Wildfire and it used to work, but after a version change on our ICS roms I started getting that error.

I know it sounds silly, but have you guys actually tried making and receiving calls and not just opening the dialer to see if it crashes?

Thanks for the info.

Tried it. I have no signal right now so I can't complete a call but it doesn't say Voice Calling Not Supported any longer. Thanks again for sharing.

I don't have an Optimus V but with some of the apks that I tried it did break service and when I tried to make a call even though I didn't have service it gave me a Contacts FC... But I am going to do more testing on my current apk and I'll see if I can find any others that work... But if you try to find a better one I would use the apk's in the latest builds of ROMs for the phone you get the apk from, Also another thing I was thinking I might give a try if I was having more problems was to use not just the LDPI phone app but use the Telephony app and the Contacts app since they seem to all revolve around each other, so I'd give that a try too just to see if it helps

Edit: also you can try to sticking with KANG ROMs because TDM released a build of AOKP, and in the abyss of settings and customizations that are in that ROM there is an option to change DPI, so I would think they would fix the issues with that feature in their ROM development

Last edited:

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I never had a Contact FC.... Did you only replace Phone.apk?

In AOKP, changing the DPI wont fix phone FC, as its still an MDPI Phone.apk

duffieldj1

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site

I never had a Contact FC.... Did you only replace Phone.apk?

In AOKP, changing the DPI wont fix phone FC, as its still an MDPI Phone.apk

Yes, I only replaced the phone apk with the one from This Thread and when I rebooted it wouldn't give me service and when I went to try and make a call even though there was no service I got a Contacts FC

Edit: I just figured out why it did this... It was because I forgot to set it to the correct permissions |rw-r--r--|... I guess when I wiped all data in recovery it fixed the permissions on first boot

Last edited:

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: [fixed] [7/15] ics dpi : All app compatibility issues fixed!!

Alright guys, is anyone using the AOKP version and your in-call mic doesn't work? Happened to me, it isn't a hardware issue.

Reactions: duffieldj1

duffieldj1

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: [fixed] [7/15] ics dpi : All app compatibility issues fixed!!

Alright guys, is anyone using the AOKP version and your in-call mic doesn't work? Happened to me, it isn't a hardware issue.

Hold on I'll flash over the latest nightly and check it out

Edit: Yes the mic doesn't work Thank You for finding that, I'll see if I can find a fix

Last edited:
Reactions: cole2kb

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Interesting indeed...makes me wonder if there's something similar for Gingerbread and GB based ROMs...yes.

Sent from a Purple LG-LS670 with CM9...the New Wolzard Phone...yes.