link2sd ext2 problem

m3rkman

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
i can see my ext2 partition in link2sd, and i also can rewrite the mountscript, but link2sd still cannot access my linked apps for some reason...i even tried formatting my ext2 and restoring the backup in recovery but still no dice

duffieldj1

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
You can try Mounts2SD, it has the same features plus more and it is easy to install... It works on ICS but I have never used it on GB so I don't know if it works on that, if that's the rom you are on Never mind my bad I though it was the same but it's not

notebooko

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I've always been confused by the difference in all these ___2sd ___2ext stuff. Whats the difference between data2ext, link2sd, mount2sd, app2sd, s2e (app on play store), etc.? This would be pretty informative for a lot of people I think.

duffieldj1

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I've always been confused by the difference in all these ___2sd ___2ext stuff. Whats the difference between data2ext, link2sd, mount2sd, app2sd, s2e (app on play store), etc.? This would be pretty informative for a lot of people I think.

Well the difference between link2sd and most of the others including mounts2sd is that instead of moving all of the apps to the ext partition you can choose which ones to move

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
You might want to try to put your question to the developer of link2sd. I have found that if I want to use a second partition app or script, I have to find one that works with the current rom on my phone, ie- I could use data2ext on cm7, but would have to use s2e on a different rom or dt's a2sd on yet another rom. I had to add all of the "support files" (the mkfs.ext4, the system/bin files and the system/lib files) on one rom just to get it to format correctly.

My point is that A) moving apps to second partition on the sd really isn't supported by the developers of our roms and 2) if you really feel you need the support, you'll probably have to figure it out yourself. The devs don't like it because it causes more problems than it's really worth. Too many variables have to change to make a rom support it and it becomes all too easy to break the rom. Plus, it has a proven record of data and physical degredation on the sdcard. And it's slower than nand memory, so it causes lag.

m3rkman

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I figured it out, had to go back to an older nand backup... haven't had any problems with the sd becoming degraded so far... only reason I am using link2sd is that the internal app storage on this phone is ridiculous compared to phones that came out after this one... doesn't make sense why these phones have such small memory but now all the new ones have AT LEAST 8-16 gigs of internal storage lol

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad