Rooted, Flashed, now what?

Adrenalex

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
So I rooted and flashed my Sprint Optimus S, and it works great. Got GRom 2.2 on there and put a theme. Now I'm bored. Was wondering what else I could do with it?

On another kind of related note, how can I get rid of the stock sprint phone number information and whatnot? It seems hardwired to the fone or stored somewhere I cant access it. Ideas?

Adrenalex

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I read that. Didn't answer my question.

How do I get rid of the sprint phone information. Like the EID, MEID, phone number, etc.

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I read that. Didn't answer my question.

How do I get rid of the sprint phone information. Like the EID, MEID, phone number, etc.

Its hardwired in a chip on your phone I had a thread closed because I wanted to discuss this very topic however people seem to deem it inappropriate to discuss "hacking a cdma/3g network " I'd don't know but you'd think it would be the perfect topic for a bunch of hacker/nerds to discuss

My guess would be to somehow have a app(the true power of root access?) emulate the meid and inject data into the Id codes in the data stream that is used to allow you access on the
(chosen carrier )network ....er something like that.......it would be sick and would......feel god like:D

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Adrenalex

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so that's not a topic I can discuss, huh? Well, then what can I do with the fone after i flash it to a rom? Any farther I can go?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so that's not a topic I can discuss, huh? Well, then what can I do with the fone after i flash it to a rom? Any farther I can go?

You can change its settings, kernel, overclock, underclock, theme it, install root apps, etc.

There's a world of stuff you can do!

Sent from my TARDIS

Silas178

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm new here but I've been building my own Linux os and I've come to realize while rooting does give us access to some root comands we don't actually have full root access if we did bricking rates would soar because messing around with true root acces makes the os extremely volatile

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana