thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
With Jellybean being released in the SDK today, (already downloaded), do you all think that if I attempt to port it, will a ICS kernel work with it? Because I'm just working on getting a copy that BOOTS and after that, the devs can build off it.

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
With Jellybean being released in the SDK today, (already downloaded), do you all think that if I attempt to port it, will a ICS kernel work with it? Because I'm just working on getting a copy that BOOTS and after that, the devs can build off it.

Always wait for official source; Also we have no idea what hardware it supports yet. Hell, for all we know Google could of move everything to ARM7 only architecture. They did say, they did "Fine tuning".

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Cool, thanks everyone. And if it's ARMv7 based, I'm going to try it with my Epic4GTouch. :)

EDIT: Yeah, I'm just going to wait for source.

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
In my opinion ics isn't even ironed out for the opti s and it seems to push the hardware also without flash support.....idk maybe its my impatience but until it just "works better" than gb. Wouldn't porting jelly bean just be insane? Don't get me wrong it would be cool but could are little s handle jelly beans 60fps without explodeing?
.....it would still be cool
I don't think a ics kernel would work by the just the description of jelly beans capabilities?
.....but what do I know
If you can get flash to work I'm behind ya

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Don't get me wrong it would be cool but could are little s handle jelly beans 60fps without explodeing?
Probably. Even with all the awesome software hacks and tweaks the devs around these parts do, I doubt the opti's 600 mhz single core processor and 512 mb RAM could handle 60fps, and "Project Butter" would be a total joke, and even if it could run, the Opti's resolution isn't that great either. I don't mean to hate, but the optimus was launched with 2.2, which is something that was released back in 2010.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
...I don't mean to hate, but the optimus was launched with 2.2, which is something that was released back in 2010.

But, the devices are made for being pushed, that's the smart in smartphones, and also, AFAIK the OptiS is dual-core, but with one core being allocated to system resources, and one core to user applications. :confused:

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
But, the devices are made for being pushed, that's the smart in smartphones, and also, AFAIK the OptiS is dual-core, but with one core being allocated to system resources, and one core to user applications. :confused:

I don't belive so specs list single core armv6 600mhz

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

It is dual-core but not in the same way that an Athlon X2 is dual-core.

One core is dedicated to radio functions (calls, SMS, 3G data) and the main 600MHz core runs the system+apps.

Before anyone asks, no you cannot change the function of the dedicated radio core.

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
It is dual-core but not in the same way that an Athlon X2 is dual-core.

One core is dedicated to radio functions (calls, SMS, 3G data) and the main 600MHz core runs the system+apps.

Before anyone asks, no you cannot change the function of the dedicated radio core.

So doesn't that mean its a single core processor? ....I'm starting to get confused in this brave new world of system on a chip design.....its madness I tell you!:p

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
So doesn't that mean its a single core processor? ....I'm starting to get confused in this brave new world of system on a chip design.....its madness I tell you!:p

It's single-core in the sense that one core runs the actual OS and other software, but the chip itself literally has two cores. It's confusing I know.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Did anyone see the promo video about how smooth jelly bean is (aka project butter)? I watched it and it appears that jelly bean has fixed my only grudge against android. Choppiness.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae