Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Queendroid

Global Posts
    910 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Ugh, I've never used that program so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Do you have the drivers for the phone installed on the computer? If not you can get them from LG's website. I'm posting from my phone so it'll be difficult for me to get a link with my crappy Sprint connection but I will if you need me to. We need the computer to recognize the phone, then we're in business.
    Queendroid

Global Posts
    910 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You're not screwed, it's just that it's going to be a huge pain in the ****, and you don't exactly have the most knowledgeable person helping you lol.

Edit: Oh good, someone moved the topic to the appropriate forum...now maybe someone with experience can help
    Last edited by Zhara; 07-03-2012 at 03:58 PM.
    Advisor

Good ole Rom Manager. Hate to say this unless you can get you're phone connected to computer, you're out of luck. Probably would kp500 tool to unbrick phone.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums
    flashaholic

Global Posts
    394 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Default Re: Clockworkmod Recovery Bootloop!!!!!

the drivers that need to be installed are and those are the ones I use to connect my phone.
    DROID Master

Global Posts
    791 Global Posts
    ROM

At some point , use this auto tool to get a working recovery on your phone:

[How-To] Rooting LS670ZVD/ZVH (100% automated) + ZVJ (automated)

This tool will easily install the correct recovery.

Another tip:

[BRICK WARNING] - ROM Manager on the Optimus S = BRICK !!!
    [
    DROID Master

Global Posts
    791 Global Posts
    ROM

[
    DROID Master

Global Posts
    791 Global Posts
    ROM

[

ROM
    tdm's AOKP ICS

I recall getting the "Question marks" as you state when i used KP500 before. Try right-clicking on the executable and select "Run as Administrator"
    Racer of Elevators

ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

</sympathy>

Not it. In fact, if you use ROM Mangler, I'm henceforth declaring myself 'not it.' I don't think anyone who uses it and messes their stuff up should create a new thread here asking for help fixing it. The Welcome Guide in the stickies explicitly states not to use it several times, a dedicated sticky thread and several regular threads detail possible solutions: read them and try to solve your own ignorantly produced problem or don't post at all.

I always try to be highly supportive here, but this is getting ridiculous. I realize that much of this is the developer's fault for falsely advertising his product as universally compatible, but it is equally the fault of the shortcutting user. Just for the heck of it, I did a YouTube search for "Custom ROM Optimus S" and the top results either show the proper procedure using old recoveries, reference this site, or both. I can't help but pulling the RTFM stance on this one thing.

I am now adding a line to my signature that warns users not to use it. Maybe that'll help...
    Last edited by epidenimus; 07-03-2012 at 07:21 PM.
    If you are inclined to spend a lot of money and want a pretty trophy with which to pass the next few years of your life that talks to you in a condescending voice, can't navigate to save its life, expects full control over all you do, demands $13 for a $3 purchase, allegedly has a single recessed button, needs an expensive computer and a credit card to do anything, hates your music and has purses designed just for it...

Get married to someone you hate... or get an iPhone.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New to LG's premium Android phone? Check out the Optimus S Welcome Guide.
    Used ROM Mangler on your Optimus S and having problems? Try this.
    Thanked by 2:
    Queendroid

Global Posts
    910 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I completely agree, epidenimus. I was feeling charitable today so I attempted to provide assistance, but this really is getting old. It's nothing against just you, Yunqo, you have to understand that there are a ton of threads about this and it's kind of exhausting and frustrating.

It doesn't help that Rom Manager is in the top 10 in the "Top Paid Apps" section of the play store, and no-one reads the reviews for our phone before downloading it. I have left a bad review on it, as have some other AC members, but it just doesn't matter. People want a quick and easy way to flash things because they don't want to do their research and wind up having to go through more trouble unbricking their phone than it would have been to just flash things themselves.

It doesn't matter that we have it stickied and a ton of threads about how awful it is, because nobody reads first, they only come here after they screw things up. You would think if someone needs their phone so desperately they'd do a bit of research before screwing around with it. I know I did.

/end rant
    Last edited by Zhara; 07-03-2012 at 07:37 PM.
    Thanked by 2:
    epidenimus likes this.
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Yeah, I lurked for about 4 months before I did anything. Epi, good idea about the anti ROM manager signature. I'm gonna do that too when I get to a computer
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

Quote Originally Posted by prowlingfox View Post
    I recall getting the "Question marks" as you state when i used KP500 before. Try right-clicking on the executable and select "Run as Administrator"
    Tried it, no help. As for everything else during the tutorial up to that part works fine. Maybe it would work if I knew what it was saying!

ROM
    CM10(u jelly?)

Quote Originally Posted by Yunqo View Post
    Tried it, no help. As for everything else during the tutorial up to that part works fine. Maybe it would work if I knew what it was saying!
    Install the Actual phone drivers first(i had to unbrick multiple times...)
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

Quote Originally Posted by me2151 View Post
    Install the Actual phone drivers first(i had to unbrick multiple times...)
    I did, would going through teamviewer be an easier option? So you can see first hand what I'm getting.

well my optimus u rooted su installed got stuck at boot animation so i had adb access to it i installed flash_image to /system/bin now im trying to get syntax to restore my img files to the right partitions can someone help me there

My Hauwei U8180 is in a boot loop form Clockworkmod Recovery when I go to reboot recovery it gets to the the logo and stays there for a while but then goes back to ClockWorkmod recovery. When I do a hard reset the first stage is successful but the second is a fail and it says update fail. When I attempt to install a zip card form the sdcard it says no file found. I can backup, restore and advanced restore. Can anyone help me please? I really need help.

ROM
    Changes Daily

Quote Originally Posted by Ranvir Sahota View Post
    My Hauwei U8180 is in a boot loop form Clockworkmod Recovery when I go to reboot recovery it gets to the the logo and stays there for a while but then goes back to ClockWorkmod recovery. When I do a hard reset the first stage is successful but the second is a fail and it says update fail. When I attempt to install a zip card form the sdcard it says no file found. I can backup, restore and advanced restore. Can anyone help me please? I really need help.
    Well this is not the right forum for your phone so advise here will be limited...

Ok so when you choose install zip from sd card it says no files found. Did you have a rom zip there that should show up?

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion on LS670ZVJ firmware

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Default Clockworkmod Recovery Bootloop!!!!!

Can you mount USB to a pc? That way you can transfer an update.zip over to flash.

Quote Originally Posted by thewraith420 View Post
    Well this is not the right forum for your phone so advise here will be limited...

Ok so when you choose install zip from sd card it says no files found. Did you have a rom zip there that should show up?

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion on LS670ZVJ firmware
    Not sure how can I check?

Quote Originally Posted by hlxanthus View Post
    Can you mount USB to a pc? That way you can transfer an update.zip over to flash.
    Could you be able to tell me what program I should use and where to find the instruction? thankyou
    Racer of Elevators

ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

How to install a driver from the manufacturer's website (clearly linked in the stickies, btw) and plug in a USB device? I'm sorry to tell you, but I don't think rooting is for you. Actually, Windows may not be a good fit either. Good luck.
    If you are inclined to spend a lot of money and want a pretty trophy with which to pass the next few years of your life that talks to you in a condescending voice, can't navigate to save its life, expects full control over all you do, demands $13 for a $3 purchase, allegedly has a single recessed button, needs an expensive computer and a credit card to do anything, hates your music and has purses designed just for it...

Get married to someone you hate... or get an iPhone.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New to LG's premium Android phone? Check out the Optimus S Welcome Guide.
    Used ROM Mangler on your Optimus S and having problems? Try this.

ROM
    tdm's AOKP ICS

I've had a lot of issues with KP500 utils on Windows Vista / 7 systems. Try doing all of this on Windows XP. Last time I tried on XP, the program functioned correctly (it didn't go crazy with the "?"'s everywhere).

- - - Updated - - -

I've had a lot of issues with KP500 utils on Windows Vista / 7 systems. Try doing all of this on Windows XP. Last time I tried on XP, the program functioned correctly (it didn't go crazy with the "?"'s everywhere).

Quote Originally Posted by epidenimus View Post
    How to install a driver from the manufacturer's website (clearly linked in the stickies, btw) and plug in a USB device? I'm sorry to tell you, but I don't think rooting is for you. Actually, Windows may not be a good fit either. Good luck.
    what is stickies?

Quote Originally Posted by epidenimus View Post
    what is stickies by the way? Also I can plug in my usb device.

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Default Clockworkmod Recovery Bootloop!!!!!

A lot if the advice you are receiving is not going to help you. This is a forum dedicated for the Optimus s only. So we don't have the necessary information about the device you have to help. But this what I can offer. Know that because I don't have this device all advice I give is not tested and may further damage your device. The steps below are fairly standard across all devices, but you should be prepared and informed.

Does your phone have an sdcard? Do you have a computer you can plug the phone to via USB cable? You need to have some kind of rom file on your sdcard to fix anything. If not, track down something to put on it. Here is one rom I have found that "SHOULD" work for you if I have the right device in mind.

Download that rom and gapps package (look for the 2 web links at the very top of the first post there) then load them onto you sdcard. From your clockwork mod recovery you need to perform a FULL wipe. Peform a factory reset, then under mounts and storage, format both system and boot. Now you need to install the rom and then the gapps package.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12