Clockworkmod Recovery Bootloop!!!!!

Yunqo

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
No, it's not that. I posted something different.

I'm getting question marks when I try using the program.

Let me take a screenshot..

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Ugh, I've never used that program so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Do you have the drivers for the phone installed on the computer? If not you can get them from LG's website. I'm posting from my phone so it'll be difficult for me to get a link with my crappy Sprint connection but I will if you need me to. We need the computer to recognize the phone, then we're in business.

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
You're not screwed, it's just that it's going to be a huge pain in the butt, and you don't exactly have the most knowledgeable person helping you lol.

Edit: Oh good, someone moved the topic to the appropriate forum...now maybe someone with experience can help ;)

Last edited:

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Good ole Rom Manager. Hate to say this unless you can get you're phone connected to computer, you're out of luck. Probably would kp500 tool to unbrick phone.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

prowlingfox

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I recall getting the "Question marks" as you state when i used KP500 before. Try right-clicking on the executable and select "Run as Administrator"

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
</sympathy>

Not it. In fact, if you use ROM Mangler, I'm henceforth declaring myself 'not it.' I don't think anyone who uses it and messes their stuff up should create a new thread here asking for help fixing it. The Welcome Guide in the stickies explicitly states not to use it several times, a dedicated sticky thread and several regular threads detail possible solutions: read them and try to solve your own ignorantly produced problem or don't post at all.

I always try to be highly supportive here, but this is getting ridiculous. I realize that much of this is the developer's fault for falsely advertising his product as universally compatible, but it is equally the fault of the shortcutting user. Just for the heck of it, I did a YouTube search for "Custom ROM Optimus S" and the top results either show the proper procedure using old recoveries, reference this site, or both. I can't help but pulling the RTFM stance on this one thing.

I am now adding a line to my signature that warns users not to use it. Maybe that'll help...

Last edited:
Reactions: Va1ha11a and Zhara

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I completely agree, epidenimus. I was feeling charitable today so I attempted to provide assistance, but this really is getting old. It's nothing against just you, Yunqo, you have to understand that there are a ton of threads about this and it's kind of exhausting and frustrating.

It doesn't help that Rom Manager is in the top 10 in the "Top Paid Apps" section of the play store, and no-one reads the reviews for our phone before downloading it. I have left a bad review on it, as have some other AC members, but it just doesn't matter. People want a quick and easy way to flash things because they don't want to do their research and wind up having to go through more trouble unbricking their phone than it would have been to just flash things themselves.

It doesn't matter that we have it stickied and a ton of threads about how awful it is, because nobody reads first, they only come here after they screw things up. You would think if someone needs their phone so desperately they'd do a bit of research before screwing around with it. I know I did.

/end rant

Last edited:

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I lurked for about 4 months before I did anything. Epi, good idea about the anti ROM manager signature. I'm gonna do that too when I get to a computer

Yunqo

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I recall getting the "Question marks" as you state when i used KP500 before. Try right-clicking on the executable and select "Run as Administrator"

Tried it, no help. As for everything else during the tutorial up to that part works fine. Maybe it would work if I knew what it was saying!

lgrootnoob

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
well my optimus u rooted su installed got stuck at boot animation so i had adb access to it i installed flash_image to /system/bin now im trying to get syntax to restore my img files to the right partitions can someone help me there

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance