Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Default Re: [ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS (ZVD)

I installed AOKP last night and all I can say is wow. It's very impressive. Good work. I didn't really want to go through the hassle of switching from ZVJ to ZVD, but so far it has been worth it.

After about ten hours of use after a clean install:

The unicorn boot animation looks too large, but I've never used AOKP before. Otherwise, booting up has been quick.

I have the power menu double pop. Long pressing the power button gives a "double" haptic feedback. If you press the back button, you can see the second shutdown screen that popped up.

The limited settings tweaks I performed in ROM Control were all buttery smooth.

I don't know if this is a bug or not since this is my first experience with the ICS lockscreen. It looks like at least one of the custom set icons doesn't appear on the lockscreen. For example, if I switch to "3 targets", in my mind that would mean 3 targets plus the unlock symbol. However, whatever I place in the Custom app 1 field doesn't show up. So I guess it means three targets minus one for the unlock icon?

I think it's an AOKP bug, but the lockscreen sound toggle switches the phone to vibrate regardless of system settings (unless it is hidden somewhere in the ROM Control?). Also, the sound toggle symbol doesn't update to show the phone is in silent/vibrate mode. Not sure if the icon is supposed to change though.

Not a huge deal, but the clock lag is there as noted. However, if I install FancyWidgets, the fancywidget clock stays up to date while the system clock lags. Sometimes it updates instantly, sometimes it takes a minute.

I haven't fooled around with a lot of apps, but my standards all seem to work without any problems. No problems with TiBU or the Play store.

The reason for my switch was due to push notification problems with the ZVJ radio. I didn't receive push notifications after the phone was in standby/screen off for some undetermined length of time. I have another Optimus S with CM7 and push notifications are working great; I'm cautiously optimistic they will work well on AOKP.

Oh, and an FYI for others, I'm using CPU Tuner with a max of 729 and a min of 249 using smartassV2, performance, and powersave governors and everything has been steady so far. Fingers crossed.

TL;DR

Awesome job. AOKP is really robust feature wise. So far, there are only some small issues with this beta.
    Thanked by:
    tdm 

ROM
    CM9

Quote Originally Posted by tlrsax54 View Post
    down loaded AOKP, market wouldnt load. I cleared data for it and it started loading but then every app gave me an error when I tried to download them...

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
    Clear your Google account then re log in. Then try the play store

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:
    AC Citizen

ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

@tdm I hava question
    I don't like apps2sd anyway I can disable it and run links2sd thx in advance I'm running aokp

Looking for good cm9 or cm7 themes??? visit this site for good themes. http://forum.digitalhouseoftreats.com/

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonny5449 View Post
    @tdm I hava question
    I don't like apps2sd anyway I can disable it and run links2sd thx in advance I'm running aokp.
    I like being able to choose which apps go to sd-ext. Back in my G1 days, they had implemented a script to do this.

AC Citizen

ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

Quote Originally Posted by foltz61 View Post
    I like being able to choose which apps go to sd-ext. Back in my G1 days, they had implemented a script to do this.

Apps2sd burns out your SD card soooo yeea

Looking for good cm9 or cm7 themes??? visit this site for good themes. http://forum.digitalhouseoftreats.com/
    AC Citizen

ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

And I don't have an SD card partitition

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Quatrimus actually mounts sd-ext as /data/app also. If they used a symbolic link, you may have been able to disable it easier.

flashaholic

Global Posts
    394 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Looking for good cm9 or cm7 themes??? visit this site for good themes. Digital House of Treats • Index page
    if you dont have an ext partition it dosent use it, it will just use the onboard memory
    AC Citizen

ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

Quote Originally Posted by wormy View Post
    if you dont have an ext partition it dosent use it, it will just use the onboard memory
    Forgive me nobbiness but meaning???

AC Citizen

ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

YouTube does not work on aokp and its like a slide show

Quote Originally Posted by foltz61 View Post
    Just as an fyi, these things aren't happening to me. I did a clean install. I either haven't noticed or haven't tested the other stuff you posted.

Edit: Non AOKP Version. I tried AOKP and did have the messed up boot animation. I didn't keep it long enough to test anything.

Ok, and I also had a custom DPI, Mounts To SD, and deleted System Apps that I didn't use, so Some of that might be the problem... So I'm going to download the latest nightly and test everything before I customize

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy1 View Post
    I installed AOKP last night and all I can say is wow. It's very impressive. Good work. I didn't really want to go through the hassle of switching from ZVJ to ZVD, but so far it has been worth it.

After about ten hours of use after a clean install:

The unicorn boot animation looks too large, but I've never used AOKP before. Otherwise, booting up has been quick.

I have the power menu double pop. Long pressing the power button gives a "double" haptic feedback. If you press the back button, you can see the second shutdown screen that popped up.

The limited settings tweaks I performed in ROM Control were all buttery smooth.

I don't know if this is a bug or not since this is my first experience with the ICS lockscreen. It looks like at least one of the custom set icons doesn't appear on the lockscreen. For example, if I switch to "3 targets", in my mind that would mean 3 targets plus the unlock symbol. However, whatever I place in the Custom app 1 field doesn't show up. So I guess it means three targets minus one for the unlock icon?

I think it's an AOKP bug, but the lockscreen sound toggle switches the phone to vibrate regardless of system settings (unless it is hidden somewhere in the ROM Control?). Also, the sound toggle symbol doesn't update to show the phone is in silent/vibrate mode. Not sure if the icon is supposed to change though.

Not a huge deal, but the clock lag is there as noted. However, if I install FancyWidgets, the fancywidget clock stays up to date while the system clock lags. Sometimes it updates instantly, sometimes it takes a minute.

I haven't fooled around with a lot of apps, but my standards all seem to work without any problems. No problems with TiBU or the Play store.

The reason for my switch was due to push notification problems with the ZVJ radio. I didn't receive push notifications after the phone was in standby/screen off for some undetermined length of time. I have another Optimus S with CM7 and push notifications are working great; I'm cautiously optimistic they will work well on AOKP.

Oh, and an FYI for others, I'm using CPU Tuner with a max of 729 and a min of 249 using smartassV2, performance, and powersave governors and everything has been steady so far. Fingers crossed.

TL;DR

Awesome job. AOKP is really robust feature wise. So far, there are only some small issues with this beta.
    The custom lockscreen targets are weird, but after I played around with it I figured it out

First custom button has to be set to Unlock (otherwise you are missing the last Custom Icon)

Then the second custom icon is the next icon counter clockwise to the unlock icon and so forth
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  
    tdm

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus

Quote Originally Posted by duffieldj1 View Post
    Ok, and I also had a custom DPI, Mounts To SD, and deleted System Apps that I didn't use, so Some of that might be the problem... So I'm going to download the latest nightly and test everything before I customize
    Don't use mount2sd, this is exactly what quattrimus does already.
    Thanked by:

Fresh Clean Install of AOKP 7/4/12 Nightly With No Mods or Customizations:

No issues with calling and speaker phone, none with camera or taking pictures, none with video recorder or recording videos but still cannot playback videos within gallery *You can probably use a video app to play them*

When I toggle bluetooth on and off in the settings menu the rom crashes (What I usually do is turn on bluetooth then config bluetooth and then turn it off because I dont have any devices to use it with and when I go to turn it off the rom freezes and then crashes) Possible kernel issue? Also I think I had the same problem in your CM9 build

Don't have anymore lags *Mounts2SD was the problem in my last test*

Still get a FC when you click Edit other levels... in the custom backlight settings under display settings

Still get the double power prompt popup when you press and hold power button(you do get a double feedback but I have noticed that in Kraven's build too but in his you don't get the double popup of the power options, so I think the double feedback on the long press of the power button is normal)

Boot animation still doesn't fit but it's minor and an easy fix

Everything else works great I will report any other issues along with any customizations I might have made like overclocking the cpu, custom DPI, etc.
    Thanked by:
    tdm 

Loving this rom...little bugs here and there but overall its pretty stable. Main bug I see is the toggle switches in the notifications tab disappeared

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by bob2300 View Post
    Loving this rom...little bugs here and there but overall its pretty stable. Main bug I see is the toggle switches in the notifications tab disappeared
    Did you turn them on? In AOKP you can toggle the switches by tapping the "Settings" icon next to the date in your notification bar (long pressing brings up settings). CM9 just look through the settings and make sure it's enabled. They work in both for me...
    #sarcasm

ROM
    kraven CM9 / LeWa Alpha 3

Anyone know how to fix YouTube on aokp?

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by tlrsax54 View Post
    Did you turn them on? In AOKP you can toggle the switches by tapping the "Settings" icon next to the date in your notification bar (long pressing brings up settings). CM9 just look through the settings and make sure it's enabled. They work in both for me...
    Oh i see im a n00b at aokp and ics (have used cyanogen a bunch though).

Thanks that fixed it

Anybody else's mobile data button not turning on and off when pressed on the drawer's power widget? It works to turn off actual mobile data, but it never displays as off on the widget itself.

ROM
    tdm's AOKP ICS

So, my first experience with AOKP is.....well, cool. Same bugs as CM9, so no real surprises. Lots of customization features though, so it's pretty cool. If you want to change the bootanimation just replace /system/media/bootanimation.zip.

The ROM is very speedy. Speakerphone works, calls sound good, web browsing works as expected...

Coming off of wifi and switching back to 3g often breaks data for me, but this happened on CAI CM9 as well. Toggling mobile data fixes it (though, surprisingly, toggling the whole radio doesn't)

I love being able to kill apps by long-pressing the back button.

One question though -- what actually changes when you change the screen density?

Quote Originally Posted by prowlingfox View Post
    So, my first experience with AOKP is.....well, cool. Same bugs as CM9, so no real surprises. Lots of customization features though, so it's pretty cool. If you want to change the bootanimation just replace /system/media/bootanimation.zip.

The ROM is very speedy. Speakerphone works, calls sound good, web browsing works as expected...

Coming off of wifi and switching back to 3g often breaks data for me, but this happened on CAI CM9 as well. Toggling mobile data fixes it (though, surprisingly, toggling the whole radio doesn't)

I love being able to kill apps by long-pressing the back button.

One question though -- what actually changes when you change the screen density?
    When you change the DPI things on the screen get smaller or bigger, I usually change the DPI because some things on the screen are too big, and with the lockscreen, if you have widgets plus a pattern lock things will get cut off because there isn't enough room on the screen for all of it, plus I like the smaller look to it
    AC Citizen

ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

How close is aosp

flashaholic

Global Posts
    394 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

How close is aosp

Looking for good cm9 or cm7 themes??? visit this site for good themes. Digital House of Treats • Index page
    man another puppy/kitten/whateveryouwanttoinserthere bites the dust
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

How close is aosp

Don't ask for ETAs.
    Thanked by 2:

In the words of Kraven, "ETAs Kill Puppies, So Don't."
    Thanked by 2:
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast