Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

ROM
    tdm's AOKP ICS

Default Re: [ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS (ZVD)

Quote Originally Posted by duffieldj1 View Post
    When you change the DPI things on the screen get smaller or bigger, I usually change the DPI because some things on the screen are too big, and with the lockscreen, if you have widgets plus a pattern lock things will get cut off because there isn't enough room on the screen for all of it, plus I like the smaller look to it
    okay, it's just weird because when I attempted to change it, nothing seemed to happen...

And yes, I believe I was following the in-ROM instructions....but i'll give it another go and see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by prowlingfox View Post
    okay, it's just weird because when I attempted to change it, nothing seemed to happen...

And yes, I believe I was following the in-ROM instructions....but i'll give it another go and see what happens
    If you still have trouble there are apps on the market that will do it for you... But just a warning if you don't already know, you will have issues with your phone apk, I am currently trying to find the most compatible one for this rom, also you will also need to mod the android market to to fix incompatibility issues with that too
    Thanked by:
    prowlingfox likes this.

ROM
    tdm's AOKP ICS

Quote Originally Posted by duffieldj1 View Post
    If you still have trouble there are apps on the market that will do it for you... But just a warning if you don't already know, you will have issues with your phone apk, I am currently trying to find the most compatible one for this rom, also you will also need to mod the android market to to fix incompatibility issues with that too
    I was aware of the market issues but not the phone issues....let me know if/when you come up with a solution. thanks for the info
    flashaholic

Global Posts
    394 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

I love the rom so far, I've found a new daily driver now . and since my back button is touchy I love the soft key option. also when playing mucis with I heart radio it sounds as if the speaker is trying to cut out not sure if it has something to do with the driver or if its the speaker in my phone again thanks for all the hard work you have put in to this
    Thanked by:
    tdm 
    #sarcasm

ROM
    kraven CM9 / LeWa Alpha 3

@tdm, will a kernel flash of, say, the kernel in 16E CAI fix youtube by any chance? on AOKP?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #56  
    tdm

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus

Quote Originally Posted by eletendre84 View Post
    @tdm, will a kernel flash of, say, the kernel in 16E CAI fix youtube by any chance? on AOKP?
    I'd recommend against flashing any other kernel. Each of the devs has different headers for the graphics stuff so you may get weird colors or worse. That said, can't hurt to try as long as you've got a backup...
    #sarcasm

ROM
    kraven CM9 / LeWa Alpha 3

Quote Originally Posted by tdm View Post
    I'd recommend against flashing any other kernel. Each of the devs has different headers for the graphics stuff so you may get weird colors or worse. That said, can't hurt to try as long as you've got a backup...
    tried kravens 15 kernel, works fine with the ROM but doesnt fix youtube. its a little better i suppose. does AOKP compile using qcoms adreno libs??
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #58  
    tdm

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus

Quote Originally Posted by eletendre84 View Post
    tried kravens 15 kernel, works fine with the ROM but doesnt fix youtube. its a little better i suppose. does AOKP compile using qcoms adreno libs??
    Yes, the adreno libs are the same across all the builds.

ROM
    FreeGS3

Is it safe if I dirty flash AOKP over CAI 16E? Or to be extra safe I should just do a clean flash?

The same goes for the CM9 builds; just wondering how different the iterations of CM9 are
    Remember to "Thank" people who help you out!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #60  
    tdm

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus

Quote Originally Posted by xplode196 View Post
    Is it safe if I dirty flash AOKP over CAI 16E? Or to be extra safe I should just do a clean flash?

The same goes for the CM9 builds; just wondering how different the iterations of CM9 are
    You may get fc's especially going between projects. And please don't report bugs unless you do a clean flash.

WOW! AOKP is awesome! No bugs other than the youtube slide show problem :P. I got 21 hour battery life on moderate-heavy usage with 3G on at all times. When Youtube is fixed, itll be my daily driver! Or maybe AOSP will be great rom/work TDM!
    Thanked by:
    tdm 
    Wannabe kewl

Global Posts
    675 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations TW-JB

TDM, have you noticed that there's a changelog for AOKP 20120707, but no nightly.zip?
    "I drank what!?!?!" ~Socrates
    "Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor." ~NASA, 1965
    New users, click here!!
    Sprint Sammy GS3 | MB1 | Wicked Sensations JB v2.1 | TWRP 2.4.3.0
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #63  
    tdm

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus

Quote Originally Posted by Buddlespit View Post
    TDM, have you noticed that there's a changelog for AOKP 20120707, but no nightly.zip?
    Yeah the build failed. I'm looking at it now.

ROM
    CM 10

Sorry for a Noob question but can anyone tell me why do I get insufficient memory error when I try to install an application even though the settings show that I have enough free memory.
    Last edited by veeps15; 07-07-2012 at 04:41 PM. Reason: My bad, I did not read about not using any 2sd app
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #65  
    tdm

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus

Yeah the build failed. I'm looking at it now.
    Didn't have auto merges setup correctly. The nightly for tomorrow should be fixed, and will have a bunch of pending changes applied.
    Thanked by:
    wormy987123 likes this.

ROM
    Quattrimus ICS (CM9)

Question Re: [ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS (ZVD)

Quote Originally Posted by Pkt_Lnt View Post
    holyrunonsentencebatmanwithmimimalpunctuationandnoparagraphs.goodlordisthathardtoread.
    Yeah, I'm sorry. I'm tired, my head hurts, my son won't stay asleep for longer than an hour. Just a small list of things adding up to make my english seem remedial at best. Anyways, I've edited my post so it's a bit easier to read.

I'm not sure if this happened before because I couldn't really find it in the ALPHA thread or this BETA thread, but I had flashed my phone and all was grand. I reboot the phone after playing around in ICS for a bit to boot to recovery (Xionia CWMA v1.2518.6) to flash over S2E, and I read on here before I do it NOT to do it; alright then, nothing like taking the bullet OUT of the gun that's aimed at your foot.

So I reboot back to ICS, when I get a prompt that says "Android Upgrading" and then "Android is optimizing your apps XX of 66 (which I don't know WHERE it got that number since I barely had 16 and this was a fresh card) and I think nothing of it until I go try to find the play store to get some apps and its gone. Completely gone, no widget, no package, no anything whatsoever

So I flash overwrite gapps thinking something went wrong and when it boots, its still gone. I dirty flash the ICS Rom over again as well as gapps once again, and its still gone. I say FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU as loud as I can and wipe everything and start again. Flash the ICS and Gapps over as I'm installing it fresh. And it's back!

Right now, I'm gonna try CIA at the moment and see how that works (mainly because I'm still incredibly confused about the sd-ext and how it works, how you can tell whats there, how to make sure things force-move there, and all that jazz) plus I now hear that anything over 1 GB might cause stability issues, as well as having a swap size associated with the card; and I maxed it out at 4GB and a 256MB swap size. Have I shot myself in the foot?

I have no problem loading up debian and formatting it EXT3 or 4 in there, but the question to me is what would I have to do if I choose to stick with Quattrimus to be able to see my SD-Ext and be sure with full peace of mind that apps are there; and also, has anyone ever had that whole "Optimization of apps" thing happen and completely lose the Play Store. Everything else worked: calendar, web history, anything that synced to my account; but I had no store. I's so kernfused

{BTW, it appears CIA doesn't like my phone, or it doesn't like me. I flashed two different builds, and both have hung at the boot animation. So I think I can count that out for now. I'm debating the pros and cons of trying the CM9 flavor again or perhaps giving AOKP a taste, and I'm still unsure. I hear ups and downs for both (I really do use youtube a lot and the "Slide Show" would bother me quite a bit, but I absolutely LOVE customizing and getting into the inner workings of things and adapting them to suit my needs and tastes) and I'm thinking I might give them both a chance to see what suits my preferences a bit more}
    Last edited by NyhtShade; 07-08-2012 at 02:11 AM. Reason: The Bad grammar of a 5 year old screaming that his tummy hurts, was transferred into my temporal lobe at the time of writing
    yes, that old

ROM
    Codename Android / franco

holyrunonsentencebatmanwithmimimalpunctuationandnoparagraphs.goodlordisthathardtoread.

Ugh,winbackup kicked me off. You don't have to do anything with the apps2sd, it just works. Install apps, you will have about 180MB of storage to start. S2E works on CAI, but tdm's script gives more storage, works transparently, and is easy to back out of with installed apps, unlike S2E.

Your other issues, **** happens with alpha/beta ROMS, keep going. Smooth and simple is for released products and wimps, not bleeding edge beta testers.
    Last edited by Pkt_Lnt; 07-08-2012 at 02:00 AM.
    Thanked by 2:

Tried flashing aokp nightly 7/6 but it would not boot (let it sit for 30 mins, just a boot animation) The only way I could get it to work was by restoring a backup of CAI then flashing over it.
    I'd like to see why it didn't boot, any way to turn adb on without actually getting the rom to boot so I can do a logcat?
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #69  
    tdm

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus

Tried flashing aokp nightly 7/6 but it would not boot (let it sit for 30 mins, just a boot animation) The only way I could get it to work was by restoring a backup of CAI then flashing over it. <br />
    I'd like to see why it didn't boot, any way to turn adb on without actually getting the rom to boot so I can do a logcat?
    If logcat is not working then it's failing early on. You could try adding an init.d script to capture logcat to a file then pull the file from recovery.

It appears that aokp doesn't have an init.d folder. I could try creating one and pushing a script with "logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt" in it. What should the permissions be set to make it run?
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #71  
    tdm

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus

Quote Originally Posted by lgos View Post
    It appears that aokp doesn't have an init.d folder. I could try creating one and pushing a script with "logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt" in it. What should the permissions be set to make it run?
    Are you sure? /system/etc/init.d
    Queendroid

Global Posts
    910 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Are you sure? /system/etc/init.d
    Yes, it's there

I looked in /system/ and didn't even look in etc -_- will try now.
    Hmm still dont get a log. I set the permissions to match the other files in the folder. Id love to get aokp to boot. Would I have better luck with the beta build?
    Last edited by lgos; 07-08-2012 at 07:44 PM.

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Looks like deep sleep was fixed somewhere between beta1 and the 7/8 nightly. [ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS (ZVD)-uploadfromtaptalk1341849525632.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    tdm 

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by foltz61 View Post
    Looks like deep sleep was fixed somewhere between beta1 and the 7/8 nightly. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1341849525632.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	29940

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2
    Nice! I haven't updated my rom lately but I'll have to check it out today xD.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast