[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS (ZVD)

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Alerts and notifications still sound through speaker and not ear buds. Speaker phone is nice, but I need to get alerts where I can hear them with music in ears. Will be on bicycle for 5 hours, 100 miles tomorrow, need alerts
:)

LG-LS670 w thekraven CM7 & Tapatalk

duffieldj1

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
6 hour AOKP Beta 1 Test Results:

Boot animation doesn't fit

Power menu pops up twice when you click and hold the power button to get the menu

The first few boots seem to be very glitchy especially at lock screen at boot and when you are messing with the rom control settings but after that everything is smooth

A few options within the Rom Control menu are laggy like the Notification Icon Transparency option

In the Custom Backlight Settings the option to edit other levels gives you a settings FC

Also when you mess with the bluetooth settings and toggle bluetooth on or off sometimes the rom will crash

When you add widgets to the lockscreen *Weather* and have a pattern lock some of the stuff on the lock screen gets cut off because there is not enough room on the screen (My Custom DPI Fixes this issue)

All of the options in the settings and rom control settings seem to be fully functional

Haven't had time to test apps out yet, I will report any issues if I have any, and I dont have any bluetooth devices to test bluetooth and tethering still doesn't work

foltz61

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Power menu pops up twice when you click and hold the power button to get the menu

The first few boots seem to be very glitchy especially at lock screen at boot and when you are messing with the rom control settings but after that everything is smooth

In the Custom Backlight Settings the option to edit other levels gives you a settings FC

Just as an fyi, these things aren't happening to me. I did a clean install. I either haven't noticed or haven't tested the other stuff you posted.

Edit: Non AOKP Version. I tried AOKP and did have the messed up boot animation. I didn't keep it long enough to test anything.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

wormy987123

flashaholic
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I've been running it for about 16 hours now and its running great, I haven't had any issues with the stuff I normally use. Thanks for all the hard work you and kraven have put in to our little phones making them last longer than lg ever expected

Reactions: tdm

scuzzy1

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I installed AOKP last night and all I can say is wow. It's very impressive. Good work. I didn't really want to go through the hassle of switching from ZVJ to ZVD, but so far it has been worth it.

After about ten hours of use after a clean install:

The unicorn boot animation looks too large, but I've never used AOKP before. Otherwise, booting up has been quick.

I have the power menu double pop. Long pressing the power button gives a "double" haptic feedback. If you press the back button, you can see the second shutdown screen that popped up.

The limited settings tweaks I performed in ROM Control were all buttery smooth.

I don't know if this is a bug or not since this is my first experience with the ICS lockscreen. It looks like at least one of the custom set icons doesn't appear on the lockscreen. For example, if I switch to "3 targets", in my mind that would mean 3 targets plus the unlock symbol. However, whatever I place in the Custom app 1 field doesn't show up. So I guess it means three targets minus one for the unlock icon?

I think it's an AOKP bug, but the lockscreen sound toggle switches the phone to vibrate regardless of system settings (unless it is hidden somewhere in the ROM Control?). Also, the sound toggle symbol doesn't update to show the phone is in silent/vibrate mode. Not sure if the icon is supposed to change though.

Not a huge deal, but the clock lag is there as noted. However, if I install FancyWidgets, the fancywidget clock stays up to date while the system clock lags. Sometimes it updates instantly, sometimes it takes a minute.

I haven't fooled around with a lot of apps, but my standards all seem to work without any problems. No problems with TiBU or the Play store.

The reason for my switch was due to push notification problems with the ZVJ radio. I didn't receive push notifications after the phone was in standby/screen off for some undetermined length of time. I have another Optimus S with CM7 and push notifications are working great; I'm cautiously optimistic they will work well on AOKP.

Oh, and an FYI for others, I'm using CPU Tuner with a max of 729 and a min of 249 using smartassV2, performance, and powersave governors and everything has been steady so far. Fingers crossed.

TL;DR

Awesome job. AOKP is really robust feature wise. So far, there are only some small issues with this beta.

foltz61

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
@tdm I hava question
I don't like apps2sd anyway I can disable it and run links2sd thx in advance I'm running aokp.

I like being able to choose which apps go to sd-ext. Back in my G1 days, they had implemented a script to do this.

duffieldj1

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Just as an fyi, these things aren't happening to me. I did a clean install. I either haven't noticed or haven't tested the other stuff you posted.

Edit: Non AOKP Version. I tried AOKP and did have the messed up boot animation. I didn't keep it long enough to test anything.

Ok, and I also had a custom DPI, Mounts To SD, and deleted System Apps that I didn't use, so Some of that might be the problem... So I'm going to download the latest nightly and test everything before I customize

duffieldj1

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I installed AOKP last night and all I can say is wow. It's very impressive. Good work. I didn't really want to go through the hassle of switching from ZVJ to ZVD, but so far it has been worth it.

After about ten hours of use after a clean install:

The unicorn boot animation looks too large, but I've never used AOKP before. Otherwise, booting up has been quick.

I have the power menu double pop. Long pressing the power button gives a "double" haptic feedback. If you press the back button, you can see the second shutdown screen that popped up.

The limited settings tweaks I performed in ROM Control were all buttery smooth.

I don't know if this is a bug or not since this is my first experience with the ICS lockscreen. It looks like at least one of the custom set icons doesn't appear on the lockscreen. For example, if I switch to "3 targets", in my mind that would mean 3 targets plus the unlock symbol. However, whatever I place in the Custom app 1 field doesn't show up. So I guess it means three targets minus one for the unlock icon?

I think it's an AOKP bug, but the lockscreen sound toggle switches the phone to vibrate regardless of system settings (unless it is hidden somewhere in the ROM Control?). Also, the sound toggle symbol doesn't update to show the phone is in silent/vibrate mode. Not sure if the icon is supposed to change though.

Not a huge deal, but the clock lag is there as noted. However, if I install FancyWidgets, the fancywidget clock stays up to date while the system clock lags. Sometimes it updates instantly, sometimes it takes a minute.

I haven't fooled around with a lot of apps, but my standards all seem to work without any problems. No problems with TiBU or the Play store.

The reason for my switch was due to push notification problems with the ZVJ radio. I didn't receive push notifications after the phone was in standby/screen off for some undetermined length of time. I have another Optimus S with CM7 and push notifications are working great; I'm cautiously optimistic they will work well on AOKP.

Oh, and an FYI for others, I'm using CPU Tuner with a max of 729 and a min of 249 using smartassV2, performance, and powersave governors and everything has been steady so far. Fingers crossed.

TL;DR

Awesome job. AOKP is really robust feature wise. So far, there are only some small issues with this beta.

The custom lockscreen targets are weird, but after I played around with it I figured it out

First custom button has to be set to Unlock (otherwise you are missing the last Custom Icon)

Then the second custom icon is the next icon counter clockwise to the unlock icon and so forth

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok, and I also had a custom DPI, Mounts To SD, and deleted System Apps that I didn't use, so Some of that might be the problem... So I'm going to download the latest nightly and test everything before I customize

Don't use mount2sd, this is exactly what quattrimus does already.

Reactions: duffieldj1

duffieldj1

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Fresh Clean Install of AOKP 7/4/12 Nightly With No Mods or Customizations:

No issues with calling and speaker phone, none with camera or taking pictures, none with video recorder or recording videos but still cannot playback videos within gallery *You can probably use a video app to play them*

When I toggle bluetooth on and off in the settings menu the rom crashes (What I usually do is turn on bluetooth then config bluetooth and then turn it off because I dont have any devices to use it with and when I go to turn it off the rom freezes and then crashes) Possible kernel issue? Also I think I had the same problem in your CM9 build

Don't have anymore lags *Mounts2SD was the problem in my last test*

Still get a FC when you click Edit other levels... in the custom backlight settings under display settings

Still get the double power prompt popup when you press and hold power button(you do get a double feedback but I have noticed that in Kraven's build too but in his you don't get the double popup of the power options, so I think the double feedback on the long press of the power button is normal)

Boot animation still doesn't fit but it's minor and an easy fix

Everything else works great I will report any other issues along with any customizations I might have made like overclocking the cpu, custom DPI, etc.

bob2300

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Loving this rom...little bugs here and there but overall its pretty stable. Main bug I see is the toggle switches in the notifications tab disappeared