[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS (ZVD)

illinoissparks18

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
WOW! AOKP is awesome! No bugs other than the youtube slide show problem :p. I got 21 hour battery life on moderate-heavy usage with 3G on at all times. When Youtube is fixed, itll be my daily driver! Or maybe AOSP will be ;) great rom/work TDM!

Reactions: tdm

veeps15

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for a Noob question but can anyone tell me why do I get insufficient memory error when I try to install an application even though the settings show that I have enough free memory.

Last edited:

NyhtShade

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
holyrunonsentencebatmanwithmimimalpunctuationandnoparagraphs.goodlordisthathardtoread.

Yeah, I'm sorry. I'm tired, my head hurts, my son won't stay asleep for longer than an hour. Just a small list of things adding up to make my english seem remedial at best. Anyways, I've edited my post so it's a bit easier to read.

I'm not sure if this happened before because I couldn't really find it in the ALPHA thread or this BETA thread, but I had flashed my phone and all was grand. I reboot the phone after playing around in ICS for a bit to boot to recovery (Xionia CWMA v1.2518.6) to flash over S2E, and I read on here before I do it NOT to do it; alright then, nothing like taking the bullet OUT of the gun that's aimed at your foot.

So I reboot back to ICS, when I get a prompt that says "Android Upgrading" and then "Android is optimizing your apps XX of 66 (which I don't know WHERE it got that number since I barely had 16 and this was a fresh card) and I think nothing of it until I go try to find the play store to get some apps and its gone. Completely gone, no widget, no package, no anything whatsoever

So I flash overwrite gapps thinking something went wrong and when it boots, its still gone. I dirty flash the ICS Rom over again as well as gapps once again, and its still gone. I say FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU as loud as I can and wipe everything and start again. Flash the ICS and Gapps over as I'm installing it fresh. And it's back!

Right now, I'm gonna try CIA at the moment and see how that works (mainly because I'm still incredibly confused about the sd-ext and how it works, how you can tell whats there, how to make sure things force-move there, and all that jazz) plus I now hear that anything over 1 GB might cause stability issues, as well as having a swap size associated with the card; and I maxed it out at 4GB and a 256MB swap size. Have I shot myself in the foot?

I have no problem loading up debian and formatting it EXT3 or 4 in there, but the question to me is what would I have to do if I choose to stick with Quattrimus to be able to see my SD-Ext and be sure with full peace of mind that apps are there; and also, has anyone ever had that whole "Optimization of apps" thing happen and completely lose the Play Store. Everything else worked: calendar, web history, anything that synced to my account; but I had no store. I's so kernfused :)

{BTW, it appears CIA doesn't like my phone, or it doesn't like me. I flashed two different builds, and both have hung at the boot animation. So I think I can count that out for now. I'm debating the pros and cons of trying the CM9 flavor again or perhaps giving AOKP a taste, and I'm still unsure. I hear ups and downs for both (I really do use youtube a lot and the "Slide Show" would bother me quite a bit, but I absolutely LOVE customizing and getting into the inner workings of things and adapting them to suit my needs and tastes) and I'm thinking I might give them both a chance to see what suits my preferences a bit more}

Last edited:

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
holyrunonsentencebatmanwithmimimalpunctuationandnoparagraphs.goodlordisthathardtoread.

Ugh,winbackup kicked me off. You don't have to do anything with the apps2sd, it just works. Install apps, you will have about 180MB of storage to start. S2E works on CAI, but tdm's script gives more storage, works transparently, and is easy to back out of with installed apps, unlike S2E.

Your other issues, **** happens with alpha/beta ROMS, keep going. Smooth and simple is for released products and wimps, not bleeding edge beta testers. ;)

Last edited:

lgos

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Tried flashing aokp nightly 7/6 but it would not boot (let it sit for 30 mins, just a boot animation) The only way I could get it to work was by restoring a backup of CAI then flashing over it.
I'd like to see why it didn't boot, any way to turn adb on without actually getting the rom to boot so I can do a logcat?

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Tried flashing aokp nightly 7/6 but it would not boot (let it sit for 30 mins, just a boot animation) The only way I could get it to work was by restoring a backup of CAI then flashing over it. <br />
I'd like to see why it didn't boot, any way to turn adb on without actually getting the rom to boot so I can do a logcat?

If logcat is not working then it's failing early on. You could try adding an init.d script to capture logcat to a file then pull the file from recovery.

lgos

May 18, 2011
Visit site
It appears that aokp doesn't have an init.d folder. I could try creating one and pushing a script with "logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt" in it. What should the permissions be set to make it run?

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
It appears that aokp doesn't have an init.d folder. I could try creating one and pushing a script with "logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt" in it. What should the permissions be set to make it run?

Are you sure? /system/etc/init.d

lgos

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I looked in /system/ and didn't even look in etc -_- will try now.
Hmm still dont get a log. I set the permissions to match the other files in the folder. Id love to get aokp to boot. Would I have better luck with the beta build?

Last edited:

duffieldj1

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I noticed in the latest Nightly that the power menu issue is sort of fixed... It still pops up twice but it closes the first popup before it pops up the second time, It seems like the double feedback has something to do with it because it pops up with each feedback

Edit: Also another thing I have noticed even in previous builds is that when you have it plugged into the computer during boot USB toggle bypasses the lock screen sometimes completely meaning that when you click out of USB toggle it doesn't even show the lock screen it takes you to the home screen

Last edited:

NyhtShade

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
ok, a question and a bug report (yes, I know it's a beta but I figure this at least helps a bit {even though it's so small and more than likely minor that no-one else even really cares, it could be an easy fix or it could be impossible)

Question: On the Nightly Builds, am I able to just "Dirty Flash" those on top of the rom I already have, or am I gonna have to wipe everything each time I want an "upgrade" to the WIP?

Report: Although this is small, figured it's worth reporting. After I installed Google Voice, I noticed an option to play voice-mail in the call log. I tried to do it, and it would load it up like it's going to, but when I hit play, it just sits there. It's not frozen cause I can do anything else, it just stays at 00:00 and the play button turns to pause. If left longer than 5 seconds it FCs the app with no popup or anything.

I can listen to them in the Google Voice app, but I figured maybe this was known, or maybe since it happened to be something user and app specific (a set of variables in order to replicate said "bug" ) that perhaps it maybe wasn't known. Just letting you know..

Also, I changed my DPI to 320 (smallest I can get) and it looks nice, but some widgets still have a cutaway or layover that goes off the screen in certain parts. And no matter what the status bar is always too small no matter what I change the DPI to. The icons just seem more miniaturized than normal and the widgets just seem out of place at times. Is this perhaps because the OS was designed for larger screens in mind and it's just something to adapt to, or is this a problem that I'm having with something?

duffieldj1

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Also, I changed my DPI to 320 (smallest I can get) and it looks nice, but some widgets still have a cutaway or layover that goes off the screen in certain parts. And no matter what the status bar is always too small no matter what I change the DPI to. The icons just seem more miniaturized than normal and the widgets just seem out of place at times. Is this perhaps because the OS was designed for larger screens in mind and it's just something to adapt to, or is this a problem that I'm having with something?

Well There is no way you changed the DPI correctly because 320 DPI on our screen would be extremely big, If you want to change DPI I would recommend using the LCD Density Modder on the market and for your issue with things fitting on the screen, that's not a bug that is just because of how small the screen is, to get things to fit you have to either wait and see if TDM can somehow mod it so that things are smaller and can fit, wait for the developers of CM9 and/or AOKP to perfect the rom for our screen size, or you have to change the DPI to a small value like 130; but if you change the DPI to a smaller value the status bar will only get smaller and you will run into issues with your phone app and market... The market issue is easily fixable but the phone app isn't, the only way that I think you could get a custom DPI to be fully compatible without any glitches in the phone app is if the build of ICS was built for our phone at 120 DPI, but even then it's highly likely that we would run into issues with other things not working

jnow2

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Is anybody else having issues when attempting to reboot into recovery on CM9? When I try to reboot into recovery, the system usually just reboots. I either have to try a second time or do the battery pull/home+volume down+power to reboot into recovery. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the bluetooth toggle because, as I type, it occurs to me that it occurs when bluetooth is on (even if not connected/paired).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000