Help! ClockworkMod Recovery Optimus S

mykehdoom

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't aware that ClockworkMod Recovery doesn't work on Sprint phones, and installed it a while back without even realizing it. It restarted and now it's stuck in ClockworkMod Recovery and I can't navigate the menu... I use the volume up and down and it works, but when I press the home button on an option it does nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Excuse me for being incorrect, but the Optimus S....is that a new phone? And if not, look for the RUU of the phone and at least be able to boot into HBoot. Then just flash a recovery built to that phone and you shouldn't be having any more difficulties.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Excuse me for being incorrect, but the Optimus S....is that a new phone? And if not, look for the RUU of the phone and at least be able to boot into HBoot. Then just flash a recovery built to that phone and you shouldn't be having any more difficulties.

Lol no...the Optimus S is a couple years old. He basically soft bricked it with an unsupported recovery using Rom Manager. We get threads like this about every other day. The thread I posted should help.

mykehdoom

May 15, 2012
Visit site
It was my first noob mistake ever. =/ I'm pretty good at rooting and such. I just made a horrible mistake. I'm using the link posted by Zhara.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

LG phones do not have RUU's or HBoot.

The Optimus S has been out since late 2010.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty good with rooting and hacking, too. I've written some of the guides here, rooted and ROM'd about a dozen different devices at this point. Last week a vanilla Acer A500 landed on my desk and the owner wanted me to look at putting a custom ROM on it. It's still on my desk, because I'm not done reading up on it yet. I assume nothing about it is like the Optimus S, because it is a completely different device, with different hardware, made by a different OEM. It's actually kind of fun becoming a novice again.

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't aware that ClockworkMod Recovery doesn't work on Sprint phones, and installed it a while back without even realizing it. It restarted and now it's stuck in ClockworkMod Recovery and I can't navigate the menu... I use the volume up and down and it works, but when I press the home button on an option it does nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Have you tried the camera button, to select!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Well I need to "unbrick' is on Mac OS... the link by Zhara is a Windows tutorial. Any more light to shine on the subject?

Ugh...idk if anyone has written one up for a Mac or not. I'm at work or I'd help you look...

I'm not even sure it can be done on a Mac...

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Use Wine? (Linux program for running windows apps?). Stick a small linux distro on a flashdrive, boot using the flashdrive, insert a second flashdrive with Wine and kp500, install wine, run kp500? That might work, but couldn't you just borrow a friend's pc? Or go to a library?

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Use Wine? (Linux program for running windows apps?). Stick a small linux distro on a flashdrive, boot using the flashdrive, insert a second flashdrive with Wine and kp500, install wine, run kp500? That might work, but couldn't you just borrow a friend's pc? Or go to a library?

Could try it but WINE isn't exactly famous for hardware driver support. Would have to install the drivers in WINE first (assuming that's even possible lol).

Reactions: Va1ha11a

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

Nope. Needs legit Windows with legit LG drivers.

Source: I've tried it.

Reactions: Va1ha11a

Dark Penguin

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
As old as this phone is, it can work pretty well with a good custom ROM. I moved on to a better and faster phone long ago, but I still keep the Optimus around as a backup, for example if I want to listen to podcasts but have forgotten to recharge the battery in my Samsung.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463