Xionia status 7 error (please help)

Silas178

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
When I try to flash any Rom even the official froyo update.zip I get an error saying assert failed and error (status 7) can anybody tell me how to to fix this? I really want to run cm7 :(

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Status 7: assert failure, probably due to the phone model. You can try re-downloading the rom and trying again. Make sure you're installing a rom that supports your phone model.

Reactions: PatrickAkridge

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I saw that it even gave you status 7 when trying to flash the official sprint froyo zip. Please beware that with the exception of flashing the OFFICIAL ZVD update.zip file, you are not supposed to flash official updates within a custom recovery; use stock recovery.

There is an exception: ZVD update.zip. The radio update kind of passes by Xionia, so if you flash ZVD update.zip with Signature Verification OFF and boot into Android, reboot to recovery, and flash it again, you can achieve stock VD.

I know this might be off topic some, but I just thought to let you know that you are not supposed to flash radios or official updates (that update/flash radios of ANY baseband) through a custom recovery.

Better safe than sorry. Even though radio flashing is disabled (purposefully) in Xionia, I didn't want you to end up with a brick. :)

Last edited:

Silas178

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Status 7: assert failure, probably due to the phone model. You can try re-downloading the rom and trying again. Make sure you're installing a rom that supports your phone model.

I have redownloaded it about four times an I'm certain that its for my phone cause I'm going through cyanogenmods site and going to the optimistic s

Silas178

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I saw that it even gave you status 7 when trying to flash the official sprint froyo zip. Please beware that with the exception of flashing the OFFICIAL ZVD update.zip file, you are not supposed to flash official updates within a custom recovery; use stock recovery.

There is an exception: ZVD update.zip. The radio update kind of passes by Xionia, so if you flash ZVD update.zip with Signature Verification OFF and boot into Android, reboot to recovery, and flash it again, you can achieve stock VD.

I know this might be off topic some, but I just thought to let you know that you are not supposed to flash radios or official updates (that update/flash radios of ANY baseband) through a custom recovery.

Better safe than sorry. Even though radio flashing is disabled (purposefully) in Xionia, I didn't want you to end up with a brick. :)

Thanks for telling me I didn't know but I did flash it...it was successful but (of course) it relplaced xionia with the standard recovery and I lost root (but still have su for some reason) so I had to root it again

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I have redownloaded it about four times an I'm certain that its for my phone cause I'm going through cyanogenmods site and going to the optimistic s

Optimus S isn't supported officially by CyanogenMod. You downloaded the Optimus One version which WILL NOT WORK!

Silas178

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Optimus S isn't supported officially by CyanogenMod. You downloaded the Optimus One version which WILL NOT WORK!

Dangit well is there any other cm7 Rom for the optimus s with a zvd baseband. And is that the reason for the status 7 error or is it something else

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Dangit well is there any other cm7 Rom for the optimus s with a zvd baseband. And is that the reason for the status 7 error or is it something else

Usually a Status 7 error means you're trying to flash a ROM that is not for your device. So in this case the error saved your bacon.