Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default To all mods and those who make roms

I've used a few apparently that might help in my opinion. For the mods root all to SD is a surprisingly useful apparently to take downloaded ones and turn them into OP apparently and vice versa. Then for the benefit of EVERYONE I suggest making titanium backup root an OP apparently. With this automatically there we wont need to redownload apps, reconfigure settings, or reenter passwords for wifi or websites or etc. I really like TB because it also saves a lot of specific info of the rom your using and a lot of LG stuff and sprint stuff

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Also rom toolbox comes in handy

AC Forums Android Developer

ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

Don't use Rom Manager!
    dmmarck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jstntp View Post
    Don't use Rom Manager!
    Rom Manager is bad for us, yes.

How abiut CWM Manager by Chainfire? I've never seen a review by one of us.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Drew's CM10

Default Re: To all mods and those who make roms

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuyLurkin View Post

Or Cannibal and GooManager? It's pretty simple and I wrote a tutorial for flashing with it on here somewhere.
    Queendroid

Global Posts
    910 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuyLurkin View Post

I think we're all nervous to try it bc of Rom Manager lol. I know, different devs and everything, but I for one am leery of trying a recovery from the play store. I can't afford a new phone if I brick this one or I'd try it in the name of science.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I said rom toolbox, not rom manager

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Apps and make them system ones

Quote Originally Posted by Brain1993 View Post

Haha, now that I know what your talking about... I think the reason why they aren't included apps in the rom on release is, well in general there isn't a lot of space for that many apps on the system partition... Also what your saying about restoring system settings in Titanium Backup, yeah you can do that, but most of the time you would only need to to that when you are flashing a new rom, and when you restore all of your system data especially the data for your system apps you run into FC issues... It would actually defeat the purpose of clearing all data when you flash a new rom, so If you wanted to keep all of your data just do a dirty flash *don't clear all data in recovery* but the reason why we do clear all data is because you will more likely that not, run into compatibility issues

Edit: I really couldn't understand at all what you were saying in your OP, so if that's not what you meant then sorry please disregard

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

First off, you need permission from the individual app developers to include their apps in your ROM.

Second, not everyone uses those apps.

Third, Titanium Backup has been known to cause issues so I personally won't include it in any ROM ever.

ROM
    Quatrimus / CM10

Quote Originally Posted by drewwalton19216801 View Post
    First off, you need permission from the individual app developers to include their apps in your ROM.

Second, not everyone uses those apps.

Third, Titanium Backup has been known to cause issues so I personally won't include it in any ROM ever.
    There's also the facts that anything you add to system won't be properly updated by the market (to be precise, you'll wind up with copies in system and data, woo ), for apps that update a lot (such as Titanium Backup) it would be extremely obnoxious from a dev point of view trying to update the rom apps every so often.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Learn new shiz everyday. Then why isn't there a general backup suggested

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

i found a way to get rom manager to work on my lg optimus s with cm9 and installed the touch recovery then i installed a certain rom manager that i downloaded then i downloaded and installed rom manager premium and i go into it i shows my rom at the update rom thing and i use rom manager to boot into recovery and it boots into my recovery i installed

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwayne67 View Post
    i found a way to get rom manager to work on my lg optimus s with cm9 and installed the touch recovery then i installed a certain rom manager that i downloaded then i downloaded and installed rom manager premium and i go into it i shows my rom at the update rom thing and i use rom manager to boot into recovery and it boots into my recovery i installed
    It is not that rom manager does not work. We all can download and install recoveries from it. The issue is there is not an actual supported Optimus s compatable recovery so you have to choose a recovery from a different device and it has bricked more devices than I could count due to this. Delete rom manager right now and get a supported recovery on there ASAP if you want to use your phone for anything other than hold a piece of paper upon the table in a strong breeze.
    Thanked by:
    jstntp 

ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

DO!!
    NOT!!
    USE!!
    ROM!!
    MANAGER!!
    WITH!!
    THIS!!
    PHONE!!
    EVER!!!!

We say this over and over again for a reason! Trust us, just DON'T use it!

EDIT -
    Michealwayne67, I want to clarify my above response a bit further because I understand what you are saying. If you DON'T use ROM MANAGER to install a recovery, then the other functions that the app provides will more than likely work as intended. BUT, here is the problem......... people will come along and read your post and see that someone is stating ROM MANAGER is working for them. Then they will install it just to check it out. Then they will become even more curious and see that there is an option to install a CWM recovery and decide to go for it............. and then......... BRICK!

It can be a dangerous app when used with our phones and we are just better off staying away from it entirely.

Just my 2 cents.
    Warlord721 likes this.
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Actually, I believe I read that just installing it can brick.....Could just be me though?.....

ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

Quote Originally Posted by Va1ha11a View Post
    Actually, I believe I read that just installing it can brick.....Could just be me though?.....
    Not a bad mentality to have, But, simply having the app installed "shouldn't" cause a brick.

Rom manager aka optimus s bricker.....run!

Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jstntp View Post
    Not a bad mentality to have, But, simply having the app installed "shouldn't" cause a brick.
    Yeah, I think we should tell new members just visiting the Play store download link on their opti's will cause their phones to explode. That might reduce the number of bricks.....
    Racer of Elevators

Global Posts
    1,139 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

I think we could use an updated version of the "Just say no" campaign, this time involving a microwave oven and an Android device. "This is your rooted Android phone. This is your phone on ROM Manager. Any questions?

Any idea how long would it take to get arcing sparks?
    If you are inclined to spend a lot of money and want a pretty trophy with which to pass the next few years of your life that talks to you in a condescending voice, can't navigate to save its life, expects full control over all you do, demands $13 for a $3 purchase, allegedly has a single recessed button, needs an expensive computer and a credit card to do anything, hates your music and has purses designed just for it...

Get married to someone you hate... or get an iPhone.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New to LG's premium Android phone? Check out the Optimus S Welcome Guide.
    Used ROM Mangler on your Optimus S and having problems? Try this.
    Va1ha11a likes this.

Im thinking of trying CWM Manager by chainfire for confirmination. Other than that, it can delete Backups.

my rom manager you dont have to choose a recovery it detected my recovery and it was like it said oh there is one and let me download roms and stuff but only of lg optimus v

if you know what your doing then you can use rom manager without bricking i have

if you are running cm9 and install a recovery i tried them all i wasnt bricked just had to re flash the recovery image

ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwayne67 View Post
    if you are running cm9 and install a recovery i tried them all i wasnt bricked just had to re flash the recovery image
    Then you were extremely lucky. I would not tempt fate twice if I were you.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast