Updating to ZVJ Problems :(

xplode196

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm on ZVD right now and I want to try Drew's new JB rom. The caveat: I think my usb cable is bust. I've tried reinstalling the drivers, tried all the different ports in my desktop, but the phone doesn't connect and doesn't even start charging!

So I'm trying to do this w/o a computer...I have the ZVJ zip and I was going to flash that twice in the recovery. So good...then I would have the stock recovery and rooted ZVJ. Now here's the issue...how do I install a custom recovery without a computer? Does anyone have any ideas

EDIT: Also I don't think I have a Custom Recovery more what the heck! I tried rebooting into recovery with the button combo, and through android power menu...all I get is the LG Logo...what do I do!?

Last edited:

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
What recovery do/did you have?

And flashing the zvj update twice with a custom recovery won't work, that only works with the zvd update. Either way, I'm sorry to burst your bubble but flashing the zvj update will break your root. You have to be able to connect to your computer and use sfhub's method to get to rooted zvj.

Reactions: xplode196

xplode196

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I have Cannibal Open Touch installed, the latest one from Drew. If that's true I'm screwed until I find a new cable. Gah ok thanks Zhara

Last edited:

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I have Cannibal Open Touch installed, the latest one from Drew. If that's true I'm screwed until I find a new cable. Gah ok thanks Zhara

Your welcome. I wish it worked that way as I don't always have access to a computer but it is what it is. For now, anyway.

thattypicalnerd

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
You sure that you're doing the right button combo? If you JUST flashed the ZVJ update, it should've kept your custom recovery- the ZVJ update didn't even have a recovery to flash, only a system/boot/radio.

Also, I wouldn't recommend upgrading to ZVJ for CM10- the ROM isn't my kind of daily driver anyway (not stable enough, even though a lot of stuff works, it still lags a lot, and I had the weirdest crashes). Try it on ZVD, the only thing that will happen is your service won't work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance