ZVJ rooting roadblocks. Rootless backup?

earworm

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Hey there folks
I had success before with rooting, but now I have no choice but to ask for some advice. So I am on an unrooted ZVJ that I want to root. The problem is that I wouldn't like to lose anything in the process, so I wonder what can I use to backup most of my system "Titanium backup" style, on my unrooted phone? Is there anything else I am missing ?

That's all thank you!

Last edited:

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Contacts are synced with Google so that is no problem. Pictures and everything on the sdcard is safe. Use SMS backup from the market to back those up.

That said, the update.zips you will use will not wipe data in and of themselves. Flash the zvh update.zip and root that. Follow the zvj root guide to get back to zvj with root status. The catch is that if it hangs on boot at any point you will have to do a factory reset from recovery to get it to proceed and you will loose all user apps and settings. There is no other way to do a titanium backup like process. Be prepared and hope for the best. Moving forward from there you will have to pre form full wipes when upgrading to any custom from anyway. But you have options for backing up apps and their data once you have root.

Sent from my Crespo4G using Tapatalk 2

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
the zvd update.zip does not erase the /data partition unless you do a factory reset. the problem is getting android to fully boot when you have stock zvd but a /data partition full of zvj stuff.

you could try, and maybe get lucky enough for zvd to boot so you can get access to the menu to turn on usb debugging. i wasnt that lucky, but, you never know.

other then that...good luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol