Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
Like Tree30Likes

Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    ROM
    HYdroROM 1.1.0

Default Re: [Patch's]ZVJ to ZVD & ZVD to ZVJ Flashable zips(Optimus S)

Quote Originally Posted by nitestalkr View Post
    Installation

-Flash your Optimus V or Optimus S Rom
    -Flash corresponding GAPPS
    -Disable signature verification
    -Flash corresponding Patch
    -Boot into ROM
    -enjoy!
    FTR I flashed CM7.2 and the patch to mimic ZVD yesterday. It mostly works except that I have occasionally run into a force-close loop with the ADW Launcher, where the only way to get out of it is to pry off the back and pull the battery. At the time I booted into the ROM before applying the patch, which I now know isn't quite correct by these instructions.

So today I restored my MVJ setup, and then repeated the steps above after wiping the system. The CM7.2 logo appears at power-up but will not boot all the way through. It either hangs, or repeats itself before the boot-up is complete.

So for now I've used my other Nandroid backup to restore yesterday's CM7.2 setup and will continue trying to work the kinks out. I'm willing to do that because I really like some of CM's features and would like to make it work on my device.

(I'm sure glad of Nandroid, let me tell you!)

ROM
    Changes Daily

Hmm strange I don't run into any issues running zvd based roms on my ov running LS670ZVJ firmware. I usually slim the patch down. the only files in the patch that are really needed to get data/radio functions working are the 3 libs

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion IHO on LS670ZVJ firmware

Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    ROM
    HYdroROM 1.1.0

Quote Originally Posted by thewraith420 View Post
    Hmm strange I don't run into any issues running zvd based roms on my ov running LS670ZVJ firmware. I usually slim the patch down. the only files in the patch that are really needed to get data/radio functions working are the 3 libs

Hold on here...I have a question that will probably sound ridiculous, but I need to make sure of something: Is it OK to have more than one ROM zip file in the root folder? Suppose I have several ROM zips, and I flash one of them and apply any needed patch, like the ones provided in this thread.

Now I reboot the phone...is there any way the device can get "confused", as it were, because I have more than one ROM in the folder?

ROM
    Changes Daily

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Penguin View Post
    Hold on here...I have a question that will probably sound ridiculous, but I need to make sure of something: Is it OK to have more than one ROM zip file in the root folder? Suppose I have several ROM zips, and I flash one of them and apply any needed patch, like the ones provided in this thread.

Now I reboot the phone...is there any way the device can get "confused", as it were, because I have more than one ROM in the folder?
    No, In it won't get confused it only uses the files in whatever rom and it patch zip you flashed, I have many in my download folder.

Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    ROM
    HYdroROM 1.1.0

I tried it again, and this time it worked fine, except for the ADW.Launcher error I've seen one time. But I don't think that's a problem with the patch.

Ugh... the more I read, the more I find something else I don't understand.

Thanks, to this forum, I got the guts to root my Opti S. I'm on ZVD radio with Reborn Rom with Xionia kernel.

I guess, I'm just looking for the most current and reliable daily driver but I still want that slick performance and feel. But everytime I think I know what I want to do, I read about a ROM I've never read about in all the posts I've read and see abbreviations that I don't understand. For instance GAPPS (I guess that means Google apps) and "goo". I was convinced that I wanted to switch to ZVJ radio to flash HydroRom but from what I understand, HydroRom may no longer be available or supported. On top of that, from what I understand from this thread, if HydroRom is still available, I can just flash this patch and remain on ZVD radio. Am I correct?

Now I'm currently curious about DanteRom and CM7. I've done so much reading I think I've confused myself. Would someone be so gracious as to suggest to me a ROM that meets what I'm looking for? So very sorry for the highjack but I guess I just got frustrated. Thanks, Allan

ROM
    Changes Daily

Quote Originally Posted by Umi_gobbles View Post
    if HydroRom is still available, I can just flash this patch and remain on ZVD radio. Am I correct?

Now I'm currently curious about DanteRom and CM7. I've done so much reading I think I've confused myself. Would someone be so gracious as to suggest to me a ROM that meets what I'm looking for? So very sorry for the highjack but I guess I just got frustrated. Thanks, Allan
    HydroROM is available just not on this forum anymore. I'll post the link in a few min. Your correct in your understanding, you can run it on zvd now using the patch in the op, the same goes for Dante rom its a well maintained solid rom for the optimus s. There's a lot if great roms available for the optimus s and v. Your best bet would be to make a good nandroid backup and try out several roms to see what fits your needs.

Edit: link
    http://forums.projectopencannibal.ne...msg167.msg#167

Last edited by thewraith420; 12-30-2012 at 05:48 PM.
    Thanked by:
    droidmyme likes this.

If anyone has trouble with the OP links, try them in Firefox 17. That seems to work.
    Last edited by hkazemi; 01-05-2013 at 03:48 AM. Reason: OP links work fine in Firefox

I'm trying to run HydroROM on my Optimus S. The ROM works beautifully except for the radio!

I've flashed the ZVJ patch according to the instructions. Still doesn't work, not even barely. In my upper icon bar, there are 5 bars with an "x" above them.

Can anyone help me? I guess I'm lost at this point, because the ZVJ patch flash seemed to work, but I can't make or receive calls.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Changes Daily

Quote Originally Posted by droidmyme View Post
    I'm trying to run HydroROM on my Optimus S. The ROM works beautifully except for the radio!

I've flashed the ZVJ patch according to the instructions. Still doesn't work, not even barely. In my upper icon bar, there are 5 bars with an "x" above them.

Can anyone help me? I guess I'm lost at this point, because the ZVJ patch flash seemed to work, but I can't make or receive calls.

My guess is you used the opesite patch you should have. Try the other one. The names can be confusing.

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion on LS670ZVJ firmware

You know what? That might be exactly the problem. Because I'm looking at the file titles, seems like they're switched. Ok, let me try the OTHER patch.

*edit*

Yep, that was exactly it. Flashed the wrong patch! Smh. Well, I'm making calls on HydroROM now. I love it! Great work TheKraven, and thank you, thewraith420
    Last edited by droidmyme; 02-10-2013 at 04:12 PM.

ROM
    Changes Daily

Quote Originally Posted by droidmyme View Post
    You know what? That might be exactly the problem. Because I'm looking at the file titles, seems like they're switched. Ok, let me try the OTHER patch.

*edit*

Yep, that was exactly it. Flashed the wrong patch! Smh. Well, I'm making calls on HydroROM now. I love it! Great work TheKraven, and thank you, thewraith420
    Thekraven? Drewwalton made the rom and EarthnFire78 zengarden recovery, nitestalkr the radio patches... Do not get me wrong thekraven has done some amazing work for the optimus and deserves thanks but im not sure where he fit in this discussion.

Thanked by:

Thekraven? Drewwalton made the rom and EarthnFire78 zengarden recovery, nitestalkr the radio patches... Do not get me wrong thekraven has done some amazing work for the optimus and deserves thanks but im not sure where he fit in this discussion.

Oops. Thanks for correcting me, I meant to thank NITESTALKER lol. Wtf, I said thekraven.

Well, a big thank you to ALL the Opt S devs and the community, I really appreciate the amazing work!

Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    ROM
    **Several

Ok stupid question: How can I 'un-do' any of the 2 patches?

I had Kraven's Cold-As-Ice (ZVD-based CM9 ROM) running on my son's Optimus S (w/ ZVJ Radio). But I had tons of Data/3G Issues with that patch for some reason. Phone calls were perfect and so was WiFi, but Internet working on Data without WiFi wasn't working.

I just finished officially downgrading his phone back to native ZVD and Kraven's CAI works perfectly. I would like to restore his Nandroid, except for the fact that his Nandroid contains the patch to allow ZVD Roms to run on ZVJ radios.

I don't want to just flash the other patch...so any suggestions on how to 'un-do' the patch?

Otherwise, I may just restore his SD-EXT Partition.

Thanks,

BJ
    Phone(s) : Samsung Galaxy S3 - Wicked Sensations ROM (v4.0) | LG Optimus S - COLD AS ICE-CM9 ROM | iPhone 4 - Jail-Broken IOS v5.0.1 | Palm Pre - **Patched & running Developer Mode & PreWare' | Palm Pixi - **Developer Mode, patched OC Kernal & PreWare | Blackberry Curve 9330 - Hybrid OS OSBB 600v9
    Tablet(s) : Toshiba Thrive 16 GB - Team Baked Black Bean Thrive ROM (Unofficial- By Pio) | B+N Nook Tablet - CodefireX for the NT ROM (Unofficial)
    Misc. Pwned Devices : Sprint Airave, Sony PSP, Wii (Homebrew), Nintendo DS/DSI, SurfBoard Cable Modems, etc.

Just flashed a ZVD ROM onto my ZVJ LG Opti S. Works good so far, I'm showing wifi working (not sure if that's on Radio perse), signal working, got 2 bars.

THANKS for the BEST PATCH EVER! Flashing a new radio is 90% of the fear that kept me from moving from Dante ROM to newer Jellybean (or maybe someday kitkat) ROMs, now I have no worries!

ROM
    Changes Daily

Quote Originally Posted by dradzanowski View Post
    Just flashed a ZVD ROM onto my ZVJ LG Opti S. Works good so far, I'm showing wifi working (not sure if that's on Radio perse), signal working, got 2 bars.

THANKS for the BEST PATCH EVER! Flashing a new radio is 90% of the fear that kept me from moving from Dante ROM to newer Jellybean (or maybe someday kitkat) ROMs, now I have no worries!
    Just thought I'd mention that there's a lot of extra stuff in these patches that don't need to be there. I always trim them down to just the libs. You can do this with 7zip. Just open the zip file in 7zip and delete everything but the libs in /system/lib/, turn off signature verification in recovery and flash away.... By the way I'm also using zvj baseband and haven't been running zvj roms.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #167  

ROM
    Tapatalk Signature~

Just thought I'd mention that there's a lot of extra stuff in these patches that don't need to be there. I always trim them down to just the libs. You can do this with 7zip. Just open the zip file in 7zip and delete everything but the libs in /system/lib/, turn off signature verification in recovery and flash away.... By the way I'm also using zvj baseband and haven't been running zvj roms.

Post a list with the bloat, and I'll trim and re-upload. I haven't been keeping up with this thread much due to keeping up with my band, but I'm glad to see that they're still being used!
    AC Citizen

ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

The reason why I stopped working on this is the fact I got a moto x. So if ya wanna re upload go ahead and do so

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

ROM
    Changes Daily

Quote Originally Posted by nitestalkr View Post
    Post a list with the bloat, and I'll trim and re-upload. I haven't been keeping up with this thread much due to keeping up with my band, but I'm glad to see that they're still being used!
    The files in system/lib/ are where the baseband magic is done. The other files were fixes/mods for cm10(i think?) not really necessary for the baseband switch.

Thanked by:
    AC Citizen

ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

The files in system/lib/ are where the baseband magic is done. The other files were fixes/mods for cm10(i think?) not really necessary for the baseband switch.

They were but I had a reason at the time I haven't checked the forums in forever so I totally forgot why

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
    nitestalkr likes this.

When you say "delete everything", do you mean all the directory and subfolders or you just go inside each folder to delete files but leaving the folder structure intact?

And also why all the newer roms are all using the ZVD? Isn't ZVJ an update to ZVD?

ROM
    CM9-Oxygen

Quote Originally Posted by Niubee43v3r View Post
    And also why all the newer roms are all using the ZVD? Isn't ZVJ an update to ZVD?
    I'm guessing that the device's stock ZVD baseband (Froyo 2.2.2) is easier to code for than the ZVJ baseband (Gingerbread 2.3.3), which was an upgrade to ZVD as well as the faulty ZVH baseband (Gingerbread 2.3.2?).

Sent from my SPH-M830 using AC Forums mobile app
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567