[Patch's]ZVJ to ZVD & ZVD to ZVJ Flashable zips(Optimus S)

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
[info]Things you need to know
*These patches are for ROMs built for both LG Optimus V and Optimus S on any baseband/firmware.

*Make sure you are flashing the correct patch, for the correct firmware.[/info]

Installation
-Flash your Optimus V or Optimus S Rom -Flash corresponding GAPPS -Disable signature verification -Flash corresponding Patch -Boot into ROM -enjoy!

[info]Additional Information:
Included is the ZVD radio fix. (Thanks Zakman for providing what needed to be implemented!)
LG Optimus S key layout fix (needs testing with Optimus V ROMs to see if I got it right.)
To fix MMS, follow these instructions here (Thank you asadullah for providing the link.)
App2ext support (Thanks tdm for allowing me to do so.)
Enjoy!![/info]

[INFO]Patch Downloads:
*Patch to be used on ZVD radio's to flash ZVJ Roms-- ZVJ to ZVD patch-OptS-08162012.zip (207.93KB)

*Patch to be used on ZVJ radio's to flash ZVD & Optimus V Roms(these need feedback)--
ZVD to ZVJ patch-OptS-08162012.zip (190.75KB)

[/INFO]

Please note, I do not own an Optimus S(I own the Optimus V), so I cannot test this for myself. So please report any bugs, errors, and things that aren't functioning, here.

Last edited:

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Would it be possible to make the opposite patch? As in, zvd roms to work on zvj radio?

I can try, but I wouldn't be able to test it. I don't have ZVJ on my Optimus V, nor do I have an Optimus S.

If you're asking about Optimus V ZVJ, it would have to wait till there is an Optimus V ZVJ rom.

I could do it for the Optimus S ZVJ, but again, wouldn't be able to test it.

sent from my un-dead sammich.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I can try, but I wouldn't be able to test it. I don't have ZVJ on my Optimus V, nor do I have an Optimus S.

If you're asking about Optimus V ZVJ, it would have to wait till there is an Optimus V ZVJ rom.

I could do it for the Optimus S ZVJ, but again, wouldn't be able to test it.

I'd test

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running LS670ZVJ Hydro Rom

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I'd test

Lol.... I didn't want to wait so I just pulled the files from a zvj rom and replaced them on mandylion iho and now I'm running mandylion with working data on LS670ZVJ radio

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Patch]ZVJ to ZVD Flashable zip

Lol.... I didn't want to wait so I just pulled the files from a zvj rom and replaced them on mandylion iho and now I'm running mandylion with working data on LS670ZVJ radio

Lol, well shoot xD
I was distracted by the Olympics lol.
Glad to know that it would work xD
Would you want to maintain that patch?
Or should I?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Lol, well shoot xD
I was distracted by the Olympics lol.
Glad to know that it would work xD
Would you want to maintain that patch?
Or should I?

It's your work so you can. Plus I've never made a patch. I don't think I'm going to come back from zvj with this discovery tho :)

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
It's your work so you can. Plus I've never made a patch. I don't think I'm going to come back from zvj with this discovery tho :)

I think I'll see it it works for quattrimus next :) I don't think they have ics on zvj over in the s forums yet so I bet it could make some ppl happy

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Ok, just upload what you did(the zip), and I'll take care of things from there.

And i think there is an ICS rom for ZVJ, i remember seeing someone reference it in the ZVJ CM10 JellyBean thread..
"like cm9 for zvj"
either way, you should do it!!!

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Ok, just upload what you did(the zip), and I'll take care of things from there.

And i think there is an ICS rom for ZVJ, i remember seeing someone reference it in the ZVJ CM10 JellyBean thread.. either way, you should do it!!!

Confirmed data working with quatrimus on ZVJ!! :cool:

zv-4-5-9-d-to-zvj.zip

this is not a flashable zip i just used adb to push the files over and it worked flawlessly. guess now zvj users can run just about any rom :D

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Confirmed data working with quatrimus on ZVJ!! :cool:

zv-4-5-9-d-to-zvj.zip

this is not a flashable zip i just used adb to push the files over and it worked flawlessly. guess now zvj users can run just about any rom :D

I will make it into a flashable zip, and reupload sometime tomorrow(7/28).
And just for conformation, this is for LG Optimus V Zv4,5,9 to Optimus V ZVJ, correct?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I will make it into a flashable zip, and reupload sometime tomorrow(7/28).
And just for conformation, this is for LG Optimus V Zv4,5,9 to Optimus V ZVJ, correct?

It should work the same for the Optimus S ZVJ but yes I am on a V

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
It should work the same for the Optimus S ZVJ but yes I am on a V

Yea, I was just thinking about it, and the same files should work with all of Optimus V ZV4,5,9, and Optimus S ZVD. This should help pave future development of ROMs with both Optimus S/V all basebands. Now if only we could make ZVJ firmware flashable for the LG Optimus V.
We basically just brought both phones together as if they were one.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I was just thinking about it, and the same files should work with all of Optimus V ZV4,5,9, and Optimus S ZVD. This should help pave future development of ROMs with both Optimus S/V all basebands. Now if only we could make ZVJ firmware flashable for the LG Optimus V.
We basically just brought both phones together as if they were one.

The s firmware flashes easy enough... It's getting the data back that gets tricky

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

I doubt you can simplify getting data(or even service) back. Its a rather complex process and there's no way flashing could fix it. I should make a step by step video as I go back to zvj. Noob-proof.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton