[Patch's]ZVJ to ZVD & ZVD to ZVJ Flashable zips(Optimus S)

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Why is there an MMS.apk in the ZVD ---> ZVJ zip? It broke SMS on CM7 and MIUI, and I spent about an hour trying to figure out why my phone didn't like showing the MMS.apk on the homescreen... until I figured out it was this zip. xD

Well.... If it were for the OV I'd call it a failed attempt at fixing mms but I would assume on the s there would be no need at all.... You should be able to remove it from the zip with 7zip and disable signatures in recovery to flash

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running LS670ZVJ Dante Rom

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I am curious as how/why this patch works? Why hasn't something like this been done before? What is allowing a ZVD radio to be able to use a ZVJ rom? (Or the other way around)
This is definitely a great benefit for all S users.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

thattypicalnerd

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Well.... If it were for the OV I'd call it a failed attempt at fixing mms but I would assume on the s there would be no need at all.... You should be able to remove it from the zip with 7zip and disable signatures in recovery to flash

But how come put it in the ZVD ---> ZVJ zip? I mean, most OV users are on ZVD (except for a few who use sammyz's method and are on ZVJ)...

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
But how come put it in the ZVD ---> ZVJ zip? I mean, most OV users are on ZVD (except for a few who use sammyz's method and are on ZVJ)...

Not sure why... I'm sure nitestalkr will reply when he is around though. I the mean time. I'd just remove the apk from the zip and flash unsigned.

thattypicalnerd

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Not sure why... I'm sure nitestalkr will reply when he is around though. I the mean time. I'd just remove the apk from the zip and flash unsigned.

Yeah... I wonder why. For now I'm just using the original patch (the one when this thread only had a few posts) that required you to push lib files. xD I need to try some OV ROMs lol.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah... I wonder why. For now I'm just using the original patch (the one when this thread only had a few posts) that required you to push lib files. xD I need to try some OV ROMs lol.

You mean the zip I uploaded with the 3 libs ;) yeah nothing wrong with that. I still use it. If you start trying out some v roms you'll need to edit your keypad file to fix your keys. I like mandylion iho myself... Built in a2sd So you can go app crazy without space worries.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I am curious as how/why this patch works? Why hasn't something like this been done before? What is allowing a ZVD radio to be able to use a ZVJ rom? (Or the other way around)

I too am quite curious about this.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Why is there an MMS.apk in the ZVD ---> ZVJ zip? It broke SMS on CM7 and MIUI, and I spent about an hour trying to figure out why my phone didn't like showing the MMS.apk on the homescreen... until I figured out it was this zip. xD

I accidentally added that in there, and forgot about it :p, I'll remove it, and reupload.

sent from my un-dead sammich.

Last edited:

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

I found out, that ath3nos made a similar patch, I didn't know about it till sometime after I made these.
I'm guessing it didn't get as much attention back then, or there were something wrong with it, or not enough support.

Whatever the reason, I'll maintain all 6 of my patches(2 Optimus S patches, 2 Optimus V patches, and 2 CM10 ZVJ JellyBean specific patches of the OV), until I get a new phone, which will probably be several years from now.

Reactions: epidenimus

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I can't believe nobody noticed the patch from the future.. i dated it "07272013" by accident.
Anywho, updated OP, removed the MMS.apk as requested from both patches.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I too am quite curious about this.

All I did was use 4 .so files(libgsk_exp.so, libpbmlib.so, libwms.so, and libwmsts.so) from ZVD, and it worked to get basic service(SMS, calling, Data) on ZVJ ROMs.

This was originally presented by Zakman, I just made it into a flashable zip, and added a few possible helpful files(apns-conf.xml, audio_policy.conf, thunderc_keypad.kl) to fix potential issues such as, audio through headphone port, and keypad correction(if using Optimus V ROMs, which could use testing to see if I got the key layout correct for the Optimus S).

This was originally birthed to use CM10 ZVJ JellyBean on the Optimus V, I just added Optimus S files, instead of Optimus V files for use on the Optimus S.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Great work and truly a great day to own an Opti S or V! I have updated the Welcome Guide to include this patch and link to this thread.

Suggestion: Since this is hosted in the Opti S section, perhaps include a quick protocol on how to get an Opti V ROM working on the Opti S in the OP? I know it's probably just a matter of modding the keypad file, but spelling it out for folks and linking as necessary can only help.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
All I did was use 4 .so files(libgsk_exp.so, libpbmlib.so, libwms.so, and libwmsts.so) from ZVD, and it worked to get basic service(SMS, calling, Data) on ZVJ ROMs.

This was originally presented by Zakman, I just made it into a flashable zip, and added a few possible helpful files(apns-conf.xml, audio_policy.conf, thunderc_keypad.kl) to fix potential issues such as, audio through headphone port, and keypad correction(if using Optimus V ROMs, which could use testing to see if I got the key layout correct for the Optimus S).

This was originally birthed to use CM10 ZVJ JellyBean on the Optimus V, I just added Optimus S files, instead of Optimus V files for use on the Optimus S.

That's interesting that it's only those 4 libs and none of the libril stuff. Either way, this is quite awesome. A perfect way to let users flash any rom without worrying too much about what baseband they are on.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
That's interesting that it's only those 4 libs and none of the libril stuff. Either way, this is quite awesome. A perfect way to let users flash any rom without worrying too much about what baseband they are on.

I'm gonna try to flash a P500 ROM and then this zip and see how that goes...

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Does this mean that I can flash a zvj rom on my zvd? If I just flash these afterwards????!?!?!???!!!11

Yessir!
Just flash the ZVJ to ZVD patch directly flashing a ZVJ rom.
And if you want to go back to a ZVD rom, you don't have to worry about using a patch, but each flash of a ZVJ rom requires the patch.

williek113

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
THATS AWEOMSE!!!!! now I dont have to worry about going thru all the crap to root a zvj to flash the cm10 finished rom! (WHICH I AM VERY EXCITED FOR)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX