[Patch's]ZVJ to ZVD & ZVD to ZVJ Flashable zips(Optimus S)

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
It just depends what kernel is in the rom. OS or OV. An example: on an ov rom if you flash hydrokernel it'll reverse the keys even though the keypad didn't change.

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running Kool-Blue_2.3.3_V2.1 on LS670ZVJ Baseband

Yea, i realized that..
And sometimes the keys will have a "new" function, such as in Bobz Jelly rom, the menu button was 'home' and the home button was 'select'.

sent from my Zom-"Bean'(CM10 JellyBean).

weclee

May 28, 2012
Visit site
ok... i tried a cm10 zvd rom when having the zvj baseband... i flashed cm10rom, flashed the gapps, and flashed the zvj to zvd fix. I thought i worked, but when i went to check on the baseband in settings, it said unknown... Then I didnt have any service at all, when I would normally have full service. I ended up unrooting and returning to stock zvd, rerooting and installing the cm10rom, and it worked after that... Is there any way to fix this so it works?

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
ok... i tried a cm10 zvd rom when having the zvj baseband... i flashed cm10rom, flashed the gapps, and flashed the zvj to zvd fix. I thought i worked, but when i went to check on the baseband in settings, it said unknown... Then I didnt have any service at all, when I would normally have full service. I ended up unrooting and returning to stock zvd, rerooting and installing the cm10rom, and it worked after that... Is there any way to fix this so it works?

The "baseband unknown" isn't anything at all(most ROMs display this)
I'll look into the no service issue.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Well it saying unknown isn't uncommon but I'm not sure why the patch didn't work... What rom?

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running Kool-Blue_2.3.3_V2.3 on LS670ZVJ Baseband

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Only things iI could think of are; signature verification wasn't disabled, JellyBean ZVD port didn't leave enough room for the patch, or I need to do a RIL rehaul on the patch.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I would try adb pushing the libs. Or taking them from the patch and replacing them in the rom zip... Or if it's signature verification well just turn it off :)

Edit: ok.. I just flashed jelly sandwich and OS-zvd-zvj patch and data came right on. It would seem that your menu & home keys will be switched though because it matches my ov key layout. Something must have gone wrong with your flash to not have data

Last edited:

djjozo

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, I have LS670 ZVJ with COT 1.2, on Hydro. I have wiped all, flashed Rom CM10 alpha 5,Gapps,ZVD to ZVJ patch and had no service. Should I let the rom boot after flashing gapps then back to recovery to flash patch or can I do it all in one sitting. I have done it all then booted with no service. Have since flashed backup and am back to square one. Any suggestions?

djjozo

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
uuuh, well nevermind! Just ran thru process again, and now automagically have service. Didn't do anything diff. Anyhow....thanks for the patch!!

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, I have LS670 ZVJ with COT 1.2, on Hydro. I have wiped all, flashed Rom CM10 alpha 5,Gapps,ZVD to ZVJ patch and had no service. Should I let the rom boot after flashing gapps then back to recovery to flash patch or can I do it all in one sitting. I have done it all then booted with no service. Have since flashed backup and am back to square one. Any suggestions?

I'm confused it should have worked... How are you with adb? You can try unzipping the patch and adb push the 3 lib files.

Edit: if you're not good with adb you could also try using 7zip to replace them in the rom zip

Edit2: ninja'd I knew I should have refreshed lol

Last edited:
Reactions: djjozo

Dark Penguin

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Installation

-Flash your Optimus V or Optimus S Rom
-Flash corresponding GAPPS
-Disable signature verification
-Flash corresponding Patch
-Boot into ROM
-enjoy!

FTR I flashed CM7.2 and the patch to mimic ZVD yesterday. It mostly works except that I have occasionally run into a force-close loop with the ADW Launcher, where the only way to get out of it is to pry off the back and pull the battery. At the time I booted into the ROM before applying the patch, which I now know isn't quite correct by these instructions.

So today I restored my MVJ setup, and then repeated the steps above after wiping the system. The CM7.2 logo appears at power-up but will not boot all the way through. It either hangs, or repeats itself before the boot-up is complete.

So for now I've used my other Nandroid backup to restore yesterday's CM7.2 setup and will continue trying to work the kinks out. I'm willing to do that because I really like some of CM's features and would like to make it work on my device.

(I'm sure glad of Nandroid, let me tell you!)

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Hmm strange I don't run into any issues running zvd based roms on my ov running LS670ZVJ firmware. I usually slim the patch down. the only files in the patch that are really needed to get data/radio functions working are the 3 libs

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion IHO on LS670ZVJ firmware

Dark Penguin

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Hmm strange I don't run into any issues running zvd based roms on my ov running LS670ZVJ firmware. I usually slim the patch down. the only files in the patch that are really needed to get data/radio functions working are the 3 libs

Hold on here...I have a question that will probably sound ridiculous, but I need to make sure of something: Is it OK to have more than one ROM zip file in the root folder? Suppose I have several ROM zips, and I flash one of them and apply any needed patch, like the ones provided in this thread.

Now I reboot the phone...is there any way the device can get "confused", as it were, because I have more than one ROM in the folder?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Hold on here...I have a question that will probably sound ridiculous, but I need to make sure of something: Is it OK to have more than one ROM zip file in the root folder? Suppose I have several ROM zips, and I flash one of them and apply any needed patch, like the ones provided in this thread.

Now I reboot the phone...is there any way the device can get "confused", as it were, because I have more than one ROM in the folder?

No, In it won't get confused it only uses the files in whatever rom and it patch zip you flashed, I have many in my download folder.

Dark Penguin

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site

I tried it again, and this time it worked fine, except for the ADW.Launcher error I've seen one time. But I don't think that's a problem with the patch.

Umi_gobbles

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Ugh... the more I read, the more I find something else I don't understand.

Thanks, to this forum, I got the guts to root my Opti S. I'm on ZVD radio with Reborn Rom with Xionia kernel.

I guess, I'm just looking for the most current and reliable daily driver but I still want that slick performance and feel. But everytime I think I know what I want to do, I read about a ROM I've never read about in all the posts I've read and see abbreviations that I don't understand. For instance GAPPS (I guess that means Google apps) and "goo". I was convinced that I wanted to switch to ZVJ radio to flash HydroRom but from what I understand, HydroRom may no longer be available or supported. On top of that, from what I understand from this thread, if HydroRom is still available, I can just flash this patch and remain on ZVD radio. Am I correct?

Now I'm currently curious about DanteRom and CM7. I've done so much reading I think I've confused myself. Would someone be so gracious as to suggest to me a ROM that meets what I'm looking for? So very sorry for the highjack but I guess I just got frustrated. Thanks, Allan

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
if HydroRom is still available, I can just flash this patch and remain on ZVD radio. Am I correct?

Now I'm currently curious about DanteRom and CM7. I've done so much reading I think I've confused myself. Would someone be so gracious as to suggest to me a ROM that meets what I'm looking for? So very sorry for the highjack but I guess I just got frustrated. Thanks, Allan

HydroROM is available just not on this forum anymore. I'll post the link in a few min. Your correct in your understanding, you can run it on zvd now using the patch in the op, the same goes for Dante rom its a well maintained solid rom for the optimus s. There's a lot if great roms available for the optimus s and v. Your best bet would be to make a good nandroid backup and try out several roms to see what fits your needs.

Edit: link
http://forums.projectopencannibal.net/index.php?topic=45.msg167.msg#167

Last edited:

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to run HydroROM on my Optimus S. The ROM works beautifully except for the radio!

I've flashed the ZVJ patch according to the instructions. Still doesn't work, not even barely. In my upper icon bar, there are 5 bars with an "x" above them.

Can anyone help me? I guess I'm lost at this point, because the ZVJ patch flash seemed to work, but I can't make or receive calls.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to run HydroROM on my Optimus S. The ROM works beautifully except for the radio!

I've flashed the ZVJ patch according to the instructions. Still doesn't work, not even barely. In my upper icon bar, there are 5 bars with an "x" above them.

Can anyone help me? I guess I'm lost at this point, because the ZVJ patch flash seemed to work, but I can't make or receive calls.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

My guess is you used the opesite patch you should have. Try the other one. The names can be confusing.

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion on LS670ZVJ firmware

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome