[Patch's]ZVJ to ZVD & ZVD to ZVJ Flashable zips(Optimus S)

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
You know what? That might be exactly the problem. Because I'm looking at the file titles, seems like they're switched. Ok, let me try the OTHER patch.

*edit*

Yep, that was exactly it. Flashed the wrong patch! Smh. Well, I'm making calls on HydroROM now. I love it! Great work TheKraven, and thank you, thewraith420 :D

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
You know what? That might be exactly the problem. Because I'm looking at the file titles, seems like they're switched. Ok, let me try the OTHER patch.

*edit*

Yep, that was exactly it. Flashed the wrong patch! Smh. Well, I'm making calls on HydroROM now. I love it! Great work TheKraven, and thank you, thewraith420 :D

Thekraven? Drewwalton made the rom and EarthnFire78 zengarden recovery, nitestalkr the radio patches... Do not get me wrong thekraven has done some amazing work for the optimus and deserves thanks but im not sure where he fit in this discussion.

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion on LS670ZVJ firmware

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Thekraven? Drewwalton made the rom and EarthnFire78 zengarden recovery, nitestalkr the radio patches... Do not get me wrong thekraven has done some amazing work for the optimus and deserves thanks but im not sure where he fit in this discussion.

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion on LS670ZVJ firmware

Oops. Thanks for correcting me, I meant to thank NITESTALKER lol. Wtf, I said thekraven.

Well, a big thank you to ALL the Opt S devs and the community, I really appreciate the amazing work!

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

biggjoe

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok stupid question: How can I 'un-do' any of the 2 patches?

I had Kraven's Cold-As-Ice (ZVD-based CM9 ROM) running on my son's Optimus S (w/ ZVJ Radio). But I had tons of Data/3G Issues with that patch for some reason. Phone calls were perfect and so was WiFi, but Internet working on Data without WiFi wasn't working.

I just finished officially downgrading his phone back to native ZVD and Kraven's CAI works perfectly. I would like to restore his Nandroid, except for the fact that his Nandroid contains the patch to allow ZVD Roms to run on ZVJ radios.

I don't want to just flash the other patch...so any suggestions on how to 'un-do' the patch?

Otherwise, I may just restore his SD-EXT Partition.

Thanks,

BJ

dradzanowski

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Just flashed a ZVD ROM onto my ZVJ LG Opti S. Works good so far, I'm showing wifi working (not sure if that's on Radio perse), signal working, got 2 bars.

THANKS for the BEST PATCH EVER! Flashing a new radio is 90% of the fear that kept me from moving from Dante ROM to newer Jellybean (or maybe someday kitkat) ROMs, now I have no worries!

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed a ZVD ROM onto my ZVJ LG Opti S. Works good so far, I'm showing wifi working (not sure if that's on Radio perse), signal working, got 2 bars.

THANKS for the BEST PATCH EVER! Flashing a new radio is 90% of the fear that kept me from moving from Dante ROM to newer Jellybean (or maybe someday kitkat) ROMs, now I have no worries!

Just thought I'd mention that there's a lot of extra stuff in these patches that don't need to be there. I always trim them down to just the libs. You can do this with 7zip. Just open the zip file in 7zip and delete everything but the libs in /system/lib/, turn off signature verification in recovery and flash away.... By the way I'm also using zvj baseband and haven't been running zvj roms.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Just thought I'd mention that there's a lot of extra stuff in these patches that don't need to be there. I always trim them down to just the libs. You can do this with 7zip. Just open the zip file in 7zip and delete everything but the libs in /system/lib/, turn off signature verification in recovery and flash away.... By the way I'm also using zvj baseband and haven't been running zvj roms.

Post a list with the bloat, and I'll trim and re-upload. I haven't been keeping up with this thread much due to keeping up with my band, but I'm glad to see that they're still being used! :D

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
The reason why I stopped working on this is the fact I got a moto x. So if ya wanna re upload go ahead and do so

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Post a list with the bloat, and I'll trim and re-upload. I haven't been keeping up with this thread much due to keeping up with my band, but I'm glad to see that they're still being used! :D

The files in system/lib/ are where the baseband magic is done. The other files were fixes/mods for cm10(i think?) not really necessary for the baseband switch.

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
The files in system/lib/ are where the baseband magic is done. The other files were fixes/mods for cm10(i think?) not really necessary for the baseband switch.

They were but I had a reason at the time I haven't checked the forums in forever so I totally forgot why

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Niubee43v3r

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

When you say "delete everything", do you mean all the directory and subfolders or you just go inside each folder to delete files but leaving the folder structure intact?

And also why all the newer roms are all using the ZVD? Isn't ZVJ an update to ZVD?

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
And also why all the newer roms are all using the ZVD? Isn't ZVJ an update to ZVD?

I'm guessing that the device's stock ZVD baseband (Froyo 2.2.2) is easier to code for than the ZVJ baseband (Gingerbread 2.3.3), which was an upgrade to ZVD as well as the faulty ZVH baseband (Gingerbread 2.3.2?).

Sent from my SPH-M830 using AC Forums mobile app