Replace Stock Sprint/ANDROID poweron boot animation/sound

eller200

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Phone Type: LG Optimus S LS670
Android Version: 2.3.3
I am on stock sprint ZVH 2.3.3
It is Rooted already

I would like to change the boot animation of the poweron, but I couldn't find a way to do this, I tried for hours. But It seems like the ZVJ Stock has a way on doing this with roms. I don't quite know how to update ZVH to ZVJ. I am using Rom Manager, Yes I do know it's dangerous to use it. But I used the Optimus V to flash within the Rom Manager so the recovery is flashed correctly and works perfectly fine. So if someone knows a update I can use to update ZVH to ZVJ please let me know.

Thanks in advanced.:)

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
You need Stock Recovery to update from ZVH to ZVJ. No custom recovery (ex. Xionia, Cannibal, CWM) will flash radio images due to problems with bricking. Also, Use GooManager/Cannibal as a replacement for ROM Manager, it still flashes ZIPs and you can browse Goo.im for ROMs, but it is significantly safer. Also, to change Boot Animations (I'm assuming you mean during Android's startup and not pre-android boot), drop your bootanimation.zip into /data/local.

Reactions: krwlive1

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
You need Stock Recovery to update from ZVH to ZVJ. No custom recovery (ex. Xionia, Cannibal, CWM) will flash radio images due to problems with bricking. Also, Use GooManager/Cannibal as a replacement for ROM Manager, it still flashes ZIPs and you can browse Goo.im for ROMs, but it is significantly safer. Also, to change Boot Animations (I'm assuming you mean during Android's startup and not pre-android boot), drop your bootanimation.zip into /data/local.

If you use optiauto it'll install the stock recovery for you and give you step by step instructions to end up with rooted zvj

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

eller200

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
You really want to upgrade to ZVJ anyhow. Much more stable. Follow this.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showpost.php?p=1702510

You start from exactly where you are on rooted zvh. At the end you will be on rooted ZVJ with xionia recovery (and free of the very real danger of a brick with rom managers recovery). And then you can either use my boot.img or even give danteRom a spin :D

Which part should I start off with 1st in the steps? To get there

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Start with step 0 and make a nandroid backup and follow all steps. Please note that there are a few steps YOU must do that are not automated. Follow the guide EXACTLY.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
What he said ^^ its really not bad I went through it on my OV after I got data back on zvd radio. It looks harder then it is

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

eller200

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually trying to create a different phone, Like I want to de-brand Sprint and replace with Google Voice, I don't know if you know about it, But I'm using Google Voice for texting, and here's another thing I'm using a Voip app to use my Google Voice number to call FREE. So it's one out of many that I set-up for use on wifi only. I just need to know if there's a way to remove the sprint network and only have wifi and bluetooth without going into Air Plane Mode.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually trying to create a different phone, Like I want to de-brand Sprint and replace with Google Voice, I don't know if you know about it, But I'm using Google Voice for texting, and here's another thing I'm using a Voip app to use my Google Voice number to call FREE. So it's one out of many that I set-up for use on wifi only. I just need to know if there's a way to remove the sprint network and only have wifi and bluetooth without going into Air Plane Mode.

Ok I think it sounds like backside rom for the OV would do everything you want... You won't need to worry about service so you can just enable airplane mode and the rom has a built in option for removing the signal icon and change the carrier label...

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

eller200

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Ok I think it sounds like backside rom for the OV would do everything you want... You won't need to worry about service so you can just enable airplane mode and the rom has a built in option for removing the signal icon and change the carrier label...

The point is I don't want to keep putting it into airplane mode, I would like it to automatically shut off when restarting the phone, else I have to turn on the wifi everytime I turn it on and that's annoying.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
The point is I don't want to keep putting it into airplane mode, I would like it to automatically shut off when restarting the phone, else I have to turn on the wifi everytime I turn it on and that's annoying.

A radio mismatch would disable the radio... Maybe it would be ok to leave it on

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
What radio are you on? You can flash a rom made for zvd if your on zvj or zvh or if you are on zvd you can flash a zvj or h rom. Also if your on zvj or j no OV rom will have a working radio without a patch.

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running LS670ZVJ Hydro Rom

Reactions: eller200

eller200

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
What radio are you on? You can flash a rom made for zvd if your on zvj or zvh or if you are on zvd you can flash a zvj or h rom. Also if your on zvj or j no OV rom will have a working radio without a patch.

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running LS670ZVJ Hydro Rom

I have it updated for ZVJ right now

eller200

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
You really want to upgrade to ZVJ anyhow. Much more stable. Follow this.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showpost.php?p=1702510

You start from exactly where you are on rooted zvh. At the end you will be on rooted ZVJ with xionia recovery (and free of the very real danger of a brick with rom managers recovery). And then you can either use my boot.img or even give danteRom a spin :D

I did upgrade today to ZVJ. And I did change the recovery. I want to change the Sprint logo animation and remove the sound that boots up. I have a different design I want to use but in regular png file. I tried using bootanimation.zip But it doesn't work when I place it in where it should be.

eller200

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=1114444

If you flash backside IHO you won't have to worry about airplane mode the radio just won't work and it has a boot animation changer built in as well as many other theaming options. You should check it out.. Might be just what your looking for :) also any zvd rom will disable your radio too

Thanks, I'll test this out now, hopefully it'll work :D
I'll let you know the results afterwords then. c:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad