1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Getting MMS to work on an MVNO?

I'm on this carrier called iWireless. They partner up with Kroger, and they offer REALLY cheap service ($25 a month for UL Texting and 200MB + 200 minutes that roll over). They're a Sprint MVNO, and my phone even has a Sprint logo on it.

So anyway, MMS receiving works fine, but sending however, does not. It always displays the sent status, but the intended recipient never gets it. I've tested this with friends from all the major networks (AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint and Verizon), so it's not a carrier to carrier issue. Does anyone know the APN info or whatever I need to get this working? It's annoying having to upload to Dropbox and link friends to it, since half my friends don't have smartphones >.<

EDIT

For any future iWireless people- I figured it out. Called them up, and they said the MMSC is . On CM7, hit Voice Dialer, and say "Open APN", it should bring the settings up. Edit the Sprint 1 setting, and change the MMSC to the one above, and reboot. MMS sending should be working now! On the stock LG/Sprint ROMs, you'll have to use the ##DATA# code in the dialer, and then edit the MMSC. However, you need a service code for that, and I think it might be unique (per account). Best bet is just to go ahead and call them.
    Last edited by thattypicalnerd; 07-29-2012 at 05:43 PM.
    Thanked by 2:

Default Re: Getting MMS to work on an MVNO?

I have been having an issue with a kroger iwireless phone sending mms.

Default Re: Getting MMS to work on an MVNO?

This URL doesn't work... should I just change it back to sprintpcs.com or whatever?