Mod the ls670zvh or zvj update?

ClutchX_LA

The_Boss
Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I have an idea. If it is possible and someone will do it, could they mod the zvh or zvj update so you wouldn't lose root when flashed it? just wondering

I would root my wii if it ran on Android, but i have already hacked it. :)

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I have an idea. If it is possible and someone will do it, could they mod the zvh or zvj update so you wouldn't lose root when flashed it? just wondering
I understand that the current method for getting rooted ZVJ is to install a pre-rooted version of stock, complete with stock recovery, from ZVD. Just avoid ZVH entirely, we don't talk about it anymore.

ClutchX_LA

The_Boss
Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
ok epid, could you get me a copy of the prerooted zvj?

shockdude

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
we can't make pre-rooted ZVJ packages because we don't know how LG flashes the ZVJ radio firmware (without it you get no cellular service) nor do we know the signature LG uses for its official packages.
if you are starting with stock ZVJ, there are no shortcuts you can take when rooting. the guide must be followed step by step.
unless you're familiar with using a UNIX/LINUX terminal i highly recommend using the automated guide, not the manual guide. the automated guide is stickied at the top of this forum.

well actually you can avoid wiping data by downgrading to ZVH instead of ZVD, but that's the only exception in the guide, and i can't guarantee its success.

ClutchX_LA

The_Boss
Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
well i dont care if i have vh or vj. all want is to have one of them rooted. im asking this because zvh/zvj roms work on the other firmware. Are there any prerooted zvh packages?

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
well i dont care if i have vh or vj. all want is to have one of them rooted. im asking this because zvh/zvj roms work on the other firmware. Are there any prerooted zvh packages?

NO, you have to root your phone first.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

shockdude

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
My Phone is rooted on zvd

you can't update the phone baseband when you have root because custom recoveries can't flash phone basebands. therefore everytime you want to change from one baseband to another (e.g. ZVD to ZVJ) you need to unroot & reroot.

honestly if you just want to use a ZVJ rom without going through the process of rerooting, then might as well flash the ZVJ rom on ZVD and use the ZVJ to ZVD patch.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Especially with the new patch that allows us to run ZVJ and Optimus V ROMs on it, I am quite content to stay on ZVD for now. Stock ZVJ still has a couple significant bugs and most find the data reliability of ZVD to be better. And then there is the lack of a direct rooting method, which is what confronts you. Still, I invite you to explore for yourself and see what gets you the best results.

ClutchX_LA

The_Boss
Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
only prob is zvd and zvj radios are incompatible. :( zvd rooted+ zvj/zvh rom = no service!!!!!!"