MetroPCS MMSFIX for CM7/9 (Maybe CM10)

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
This is an MMS fix I made by using some files from a test build of BobZhomes Optimus M ICS ROM. His Mms.apk, apns-conf.xml, and sqlite3 files are what I used from his test ROM for Optimus M, which is no longer being built by him. So BIG thanks to BobZhome.
The orginal MMS-Fix is made by PlayfulGod and is for CM7 roms only. That can be found here: http://androidforums.com/optimus-m-...7-guide-how-fix-mms-gingerbread-cm7-roms.html BIG thanks to PlayfulGod.

Instructions:
  1. Flash ROM
  2. Flash MMS Fix
  3. Flash Gapps

Here is the MMS fix I put together for CM9 (maybe CM10) ROMs:
MetroPCS-MMS-ICSFIX.zip

This will also work for the Optimus V and Optimus U.

The Optimus S is supported to be flashed to MetroPCS, the Optimus V/U, strangely is not on the list of phones that can be flashed to Metro.
List of phones supported by MetroPCS: Unlimited Wireless Service - MetroPCS

These MMS fixes may work for other phones as well.

Last edited:

Phatninja55

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Download and open the zip, go to META-INF/com/google/android then open the updater-script with notepad++ or regular notepad (notepad may have spacing isuses.) And make sure there is a ; after every line. and make user ( has a ) at the end followed by a ;. Then rezip it, and flash it with signature verification off.

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Download and open the zip, go to META-INF/com/google/android then open the updater-script with notepad++ or regular notepad (notepad may have spacing isuses.) And make sure there is a ; after every line. and make user ( has a ) at the end followed by a ;. Then rezip it, and flash it with signature verification off.

OK will do later if it works on cm10 I will report back

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
OK will do later if it works on cm10 I will report back

You're on metropcs?
Edit: found the problem, there was a colon instead of a semi-colon after a line I added...will fix it, after church.
Sent from my LG-LW690 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
You're on metropcs?
Edit: found the problem, there was a colon instead of a semi-colon after a line I added...will fix it, after church.
Sent from my LG-LW690 using Tapatalk 2

No that's why Oooooooooh
Either way doesn't work on cm10

realmccoy813

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey I was wondering is there a mms.apk for JellyBean Roms on Metro. If not does anyone know what I would have to do to modify one to work correct on Metro...Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63