custom boot animtion issue

klokateer123

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
i seem to be having a problem with a custom boot animation that i made. i made a "bootanimation.zip" and inside is a desc.txt and a part0 folder. i got help with it using this tutorial [TUTORIAL]How to make your own boot animations (with sound if you want) - xda-developers every time i reboot my phone to see it screen is just black. could i be missing something :/?

Edit: wasn't sure if I could post it or not since it contains ff8 stuff :confused::confused:

Last edited:

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
How's about uploading the file so we can take a look? Also, what ROM are you running? The post clearly states that it was only tested for CM7 and AOSP...

EDIT: That post is pretty detailed with things that will cause a hitch. I have to ask if you checked them all first.

EDIT2: FF8? Is this for or a port from a Samsung device?? I don't get what you're saying here...

Last edited:

klokateer123

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
No ff8 as in final fantasy 8. Not sure if it would've interfered with copyright mumbo jumbo and I'm on cm7 sizzling jelly.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
So it's Final Fantasy... 8? Ironic. That must be the Jason Voorhees of videos games.
Regarding the boot animation, without seeing it, I can't give you much, but here's where I would start:

Check that the images and the part file(s) are all configured properly for MDPI at 320x480 pix.

Make sure the filenames are sequential.

You should only have one bootanimation.zip in the appropriate directory.

I am not familiar with Jonny's ROMs, but if it's CM7, the easiest way to change your boot animation is via the CM Settings tool. This will allow you to preview your work, set it, and revert to the default:

Menu button >> CyanogenMod Settings >> Interface >> Choose (at bottom under Boot Animation)

I would remove the file from where you inserted it, replacing any default you may have removed, setting the appropriate permissions as necessary, and try the above method. I don't mind how exactly how CM7 scripts manage this, but I use a custom boot ani with it and it works fine.

Last edited:

klokateer123

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Mind if I pm it to you or something? Final fantasy 8 isn't that bad. Better than the ones that are coming out today IMO.

Edit: I don't see that option it just ends at scrolling overshoot
Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Mind if I pm it to you or something? Final fantasy 8 isn't that bad. Better than the ones that are coming out today IMO.
Go for it. I'll have a look, maybe test it out for you.

As for Final Fantasy, I'd have been punching the wall since the first sequel. I still want the blood of those who speak of a Donnie Darko 2.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX