Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree8Likes
  • 6 Post By BakonGuy
  • 2 Post By ab304945
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    CyanogenMod 10

Wink Goodbye Optimus :(

Today is a sad day for me, today I'm letting go of my beloved Optimus because I was given a free EVO 3D (and I can't refuse that!). The reason for this post is simply to say my goodbyes to this great community. Also I want to say how much I really appreciate the work the developers here put into this little phone, it's really great and I can't even begin to show you guys how much I appreciate the work (seriously).

So thanks again guys, you made my first android phone a REALLY great experience, and I hope you all the best.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Goodbye Optimus :(

I know right........opti love baby!
    He who stands on toilet is high on pot

I left my optimus s for the GS3.

It was a great phone while I had it. I still do have it and still visit these forums a bit. and will flash any new roms i think might be cool.

Thing i miss the most, how easy it is to flash, and almost unbrickable,

Thing i miss the least is the size. After using the GS3 for a while i hold the optimus, and ask how i able to use something so small, lol

ROM
    Kraven's CM9 ICS

I still have the Optimus. October I might get the GS3 or the iPhone 5. Depends how crappy the iPhone 5 is going to be. Or Wait for the next Nexus phone.
    I didn't really like the EVO 3D the battery was kind of crappy and I know 4G LTE is coming so I'll wait.

Quote Originally Posted by cthedogg View Post
    I still have the Optimus. October I might get the GS3 or the iPhone 5. Depends how crappy the iPhone 5 is going to be. Or Wait for the next Nexus phone.
    I didn't really like the EVO 3D the battery was kind of crappy and I know 4G LTE is coming so I'll wait.
    I think you should get the gs3. We have seen ios6 which is what the iPhone 5 will run. And it is still boring and behind android in features

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    CyanogenMod 10

Quote Originally Posted by cthedogg View Post
    The stock ics rom on my evo3d was pretty crap, i rooted and rom'd it on day 3, now I'm running cm9 and I've fallen in love with my new phone, battery lasts me 2 days on full charge. I'm going to try and keep up on optimus stuff but I definitely won't be doing as much as I did before.

Global Posts
    1,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Bye. ^_________^

Sent from my SHARP-ADS1 using Android Central Forums

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.

ROM
    AOKP JB Milestone 1

Quote Originally Posted by BakonGuy View Post
    The stock ics rom on my evo3d was pretty crap, i rooted and rom'd it on day 3, now I'm running cm9 and I've fallen in love with my new phone, battery lasts me 2 days on full charge. I'm going to try and keep up on optimus stuff but I definitely won't be doing as much as I did before.
    Hmm...my brother is trying to trade me his EVO3D in exchange for my upgrade in October. If I accept, then I'll be stuck with the EVO until at least between September 2013. Should I accept? It looks like you're having a nice time with the 3D what do you think about it?
    Racer of Elevators

Global Posts
    1,139 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

Quote Originally Posted by CardcaptorRLH85 View Post
    Hmm...my brother is trying to trade me his EVO3D in exchange for my upgrade in October. If I accept, then I'll be stuck with the EVO until at least between September 2013. Should I accept? It looks like you're having a nice time with the 3D what do you think about it?
    Just my $.02: If you already have WiMax 4G in your area and no LTE, that's a great deal. Gives you a chance to see what Sprint is going to do. I wish I had a bro like that! If no WiMax, then it's more of a toss up. If LTE is there, then go get the upgrade as soon as you can. 3Vo is a nice device though and so much better with a good custom ROM.
    If you are inclined to spend a lot of money and want a pretty trophy with which to pass the next few years of your life that talks to you in a condescending voice, can't navigate to save its life, expects full control over all you do, demands $13 for a $3 purchase, allegedly has a single recessed button, needs an expensive computer and a credit card to do anything, hates your music and has purses designed just for it...

Get married to someone you hate... or get an iPhone.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New to LG's premium Android phone? Check out the Optimus S Welcome Guide.
    Used ROM Mangler on your Optimus S and having problems? Try this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

ROM
    CyanogenMod 10

Quote Originally Posted by CardcaptorRLH85 View Post
    I love this phone. If your wanting a phone that has plenty of rom choice like the Optimus then the 3d is a good option. I'm currently running aokp on jelly bean and the dev team for it are always releasing updates. There's also sense roms, cm9, cm10, aokp-ics, and more. So yeah, I'd recommend the phone. The only thing I don't like is the touch buttons, they are so damn easy to hit on accident. I'm going to see if I can disable them and use on screen buttons.

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Quote Originally Posted by ab30494 View Post
    I left my optimus s for the GS3.

Thing i miss the most, how easy it is to flash, and almost unbrickable.
    Only brickable with from manager I believe.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

ROM
    AOKP JB Milestone 1

Quote Originally Posted by epidenimus View Post
    Just my $.02: If you already have WiMax 4G in your area and no LTE, that's a great deal. Gives you a chance to see what Sprint is going to do. I wish I had a bro like that! If no WiMax, then it's more of a toss up. If LTE is there, then go get the upgrade as soon as you can. 3Vo is a nice device though and so much better with a good custom ROM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BakonGuy View Post
    I love this phone. If your wanting a phone that has plenty of rom choice like the Optimus then the 3d is a good option. I'm currently running aokp on jelly bean and the dev team for it are always releasing updates. There's also sense roms, cm9, cm10, aokp-ics, and more. So yeah, I'd recommend the phone. The only thing I don't like is the touch buttons, they are so damn easy to hit on accident. I'm going to see if I can disable them and use on screen buttons.
    Thanks, our area does have (spotty) WiMax and aren't up for an LTE upgrade until late 2013 / early 2014 so I guess I'll go this route after all. Thanks for the advice ^_^