Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree8Likes
  • 6 Post By BakonGuy
  • 2 Post By ab304945
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    BakonGuy's Avatar

    Posts
    61 Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 10

    Wink Goodbye Optimus :(

    Today is a sad day for me, today I'm letting go of my beloved Optimus because I was given a free EVO 3D (and I can't refuse that!). The reason for this post is simply to say my goodbyes to this great community. Also I want to say how much I really appreciate the work the developers here put into this little phone, it's really great and I can't even begin to show you guys how much I appreciate the work (seriously).

    So thanks again guys, you made my first android phone a REALLY great experience, and I hope you all the best.
    Thanked by:
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Goodbye Optimus :(

    I know right........opti love baby!
    He who stands on toilet is high on pot
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Goodbye Optimus :(

    I left my optimus s for the GS3.

    It was a great phone while I had it. I still do have it and still visit these forums a bit. and will flash any new roms i think might be cool.



    Thing i miss the most, how easy it is to flash, and almost unbrickable,

    Thing i miss the least is the size. After using the GS3 for a while i hold the optimus, and ask how i able to use something so small, lol
  4. #4  
    cthedogg's Avatar

    Posts
    15 Posts
    ROM
    Kraven's CM9 ICS

    Default Re: Goodbye Optimus :(

    I still have the Optimus. October I might get the GS3 or the iPhone 5. Depends how crappy the iPhone 5 is going to be. Or Wait for the next Nexus phone.
    I didn't really like the EVO 3D the battery was kind of crappy and I know 4G LTE is coming so I'll wait.
  5. #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cthedogg View Post
    I still have the Optimus. October I might get the GS3 or the iPhone 5. Depends how crappy the iPhone 5 is going to be. Or Wait for the next Nexus phone.
    I didn't really like the EVO 3D the battery was kind of crappy and I know 4G LTE is coming so I'll wait.
    I think you should get the gs3. We have seen ios6 which is what the iPhone 5 will run. And it is still boring and behind android in features

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    BakonGuy's Avatar

    Posts
    61 Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cthedogg View Post
    I still have the Optimus. October I might get the GS3 or the iPhone 5. Depends how crappy the iPhone 5 is going to be. Or Wait for the next Nexus phone.
    I didn't really like the EVO 3D the battery was kind of crappy and I know 4G LTE is coming so I'll wait.
    The stock ics rom on my evo3d was pretty crap, i rooted and rom'd it on day 3, now I'm running cm9 and I've fallen in love with my new phone, battery lasts me 2 days on full charge. I'm going to try and keep up on optimus stuff but I definitely won't be doing as much as I did before.
  7. #7  
    thenameisnigel's Avatar

    Posts
    1,448 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Bye. ^_________^

    Sent from my SHARP-ADS1 using Android Central Forums


    Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.
  8. #8  
    CardcaptorRLH85's Avatar

    Posts
    110 Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB Milestone 1

    Default Re: Goodbye Optimus :(

    Quote Originally Posted by BakonGuy View Post
    The stock ics rom on my evo3d was pretty crap, i rooted and rom'd it on day 3, now I'm running cm9 and I've fallen in love with my new phone, battery lasts me 2 days on full charge. I'm going to try and keep up on optimus stuff but I definitely won't be doing as much as I did before.
    Hmm...my brother is trying to trade me his EVO3D in exchange for my upgrade in October. If I accept, then I'll be stuck with the EVO until at least between September 2013. Should I accept? It looks like you're having a nice time with the 3D what do you think about it?
  9. #9  
    epidenimus's Avatar
    Racer of Elevators

    Posts
    1,138 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,139 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

    Default Re: Goodbye Optimus :(

    Quote Originally Posted by CardcaptorRLH85 View Post
    Hmm...my brother is trying to trade me his EVO3D in exchange for my upgrade in October. If I accept, then I'll be stuck with the EVO until at least between September 2013. Should I accept? It looks like you're having a nice time with the 3D what do you think about it?
    Just my $.02: If you already have WiMax 4G in your area and no LTE, that's a great deal. Gives you a chance to see what Sprint is going to do. I wish I had a bro like that! If no WiMax, then it's more of a toss up. If LTE is there, then go get the upgrade as soon as you can. 3Vo is a nice device though and so much better with a good custom ROM.
    If you are inclined to spend a lot of money and want a pretty trophy with which to pass the next few years of your life that talks to you in a condescending voice, can't navigate to save its life, expects full control over all you do, demands $13 for a $3 purchase, allegedly has a single recessed button, needs an expensive computer and a credit card to do anything, hates your music and has purses designed just for it...

    Get married to someone you hate... or get an iPhone.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New to LG's premium Android phone? Check out the Optimus S Welcome Guide.
    Used ROM Mangler on your Optimus S and having problems? Try this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    BakonGuy's Avatar

    Posts
    61 Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CardcaptorRLH85 View Post
    Hmm...my brother is trying to trade me his EVO3D in exchange for my upgrade in October. If I accept, then I'll be stuck with the EVO until at least between September 2013. Should I accept? It looks like you're having a nice time with the 3D what do you think about it?
    I love this phone. If your wanting a phone that has plenty of rom choice like the Optimus then the 3d is a good option. I'm currently running aokp on jelly bean and the dev team for it are always releasing updates. There's also sense roms, cm9, cm10, aokp-ics, and more. So yeah, I'd recommend the phone. The only thing I don't like is the touch buttons, they are so damn easy to hit on accident. I'm going to see if I can disable them and use on screen buttons.
  11. #11  
    gollum18's Avatar

    Posts
    1,507 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ab30494 View Post
    I left my optimus s for the GS3.



    Thing i miss the most, how easy it is to flash, and almost unbrickable.
    Only brickable with from manager I believe.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA
  12. #12  
    CardcaptorRLH85's Avatar

    Posts
    110 Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB Milestone 1

    Default Re: Goodbye Optimus :(

    Quote Originally Posted by epidenimus View Post
    Just my $.02: If you already have WiMax 4G in your area and no LTE, that's a great deal. Gives you a chance to see what Sprint is going to do. I wish I had a bro like that! If no WiMax, then it's more of a toss up. If LTE is there, then go get the upgrade as soon as you can. 3Vo is a nice device though and so much better with a good custom ROM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BakonGuy View Post
    I love this phone. If your wanting a phone that has plenty of rom choice like the Optimus then the 3d is a good option. I'm currently running aokp on jelly bean and the dev team for it are always releasing updates. There's also sense roms, cm9, cm10, aokp-ics, and more. So yeah, I'd recommend the phone. The only thing I don't like is the touch buttons, they are so damn easy to hit on accident. I'm going to see if I can disable them and use on screen buttons.
    Thanks, our area does have (spotty) WiMax and aren't up for an LTE upgrade until late 2013 / early 2014 so I guess I'll go this route after all. Thanks for the advice ^_^

Posting Permissions