1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best ROM for battery life?

Hello all,
    I just had my E4GT robbed at gunpoint, and am now using my old Optimus S until my upgrade date (3 months). I was wondering what is the most snappy, minimalistic ROM out there which gives one the best battery life or performance.
    Thank you very much,
    chosenhobo
    #sarcasm

ROM
    kraven CM9 / LeWa Alpha 3

Quote Originally Posted by chosenhobo View Post
    Hello all,
    I just had my E4GT robbed at gunpoint, and am now using my old Optimus S until my upgrade date (3 months). I was wondering what is the most snappy, minimalistic ROM out there which gives one the best battery life or performance.
    Thank you very much,
    chosenhobo
    Hope you reported it so the loser who took your phone can't use it!

To answer your question, I'd recommend hydrorom or thekravens cm7 port. The cm9 ports are getting better too

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Best ROM for battery life?

I doubt they'd use it, there were 3 more reports to the police in the same location - they are probably going to sell them, plus I live in Los Angeles and this happened yesterday in Oakland, so I kind of lost hope finding it lol...

Yea, I took a look at some videos of ICS and I have to say, they are pretty impressive for this phone! It's amazing what devs have done with this phone - probably the best budget android phone ever made
    Racer of Elevators

ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

Quote Originally Posted by chosenhobo View Post
    It's amazing what devs have done with this phone - probably the best budget android phone ever made
    Agreed!

I usually say this with more enthusiasm, but... Welcome to our little corner of AC. Have a look around and enjoy the scenery. Orient yourself by checking out the Welcome Guide; the LG path is notably different from that of Samsung devices, which I have recently been exploring.

FWIW, I'm sorry for your loss. Whooda thought people would be stealing phones from us? Stupid, really.
    If you are inclined to spend a lot of money and want a pretty trophy with which to pass the next few years of your life that talks to you in a condescending voice, can't navigate to save its life, expects full control over all you do, demands $13 for a $3 purchase, allegedly has a single recessed button, needs an expensive computer and a credit card to do anything, hates your music and has purses designed just for it...

Get married to someone you hate... or get an iPhone.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New to LG's premium Android phone? Check out the Optimus S Welcome Guide.
    Used ROM Mangler on your Optimus S and having problems? Try this.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    DanteRom v2 / HydroKernel

+1
    For a "Basic" phone, kinda glad my Evo Shift went south.
    I just wish the Opti had a flash and notification led.
    Other than that, I love this phone.
    Been using DanteRom \ HydroKernel with COT recovery and everything is buttersmooth and reliably fast with good battery useage. Mind you, I just phone, email, surf and text. Not many games.
    That what xbox is for

Good luck

i like cm9 but only get like 12 hours on it. hydro i would get around 20 hours. scott pilgrimss cm7 would get around 2 days but that one is way out dated. there are many great roms for this phone and the choice is yours

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

I'd say hydrorom or Kraven's CM7. I'm running cm7 now and my best battery life right now is 2 and a half days.