[Question] Best Wifi tether

liamstanley

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Currently I'm using thekraven's CM7.2 port (ZVD) for WiFi tether as it has the non ty non ad-hoc WiFi tether. But obviously that thread hasn't been updated in awhile. I am "really" looking for a ZVD, ICS, NON ad-hoc capable ROM.

The reasons:
1. I use WiFi hotspot for my laptop, desktop, PS3, and other phones, so ad-hoc doesn't cut it.
2. I really don't have the time to research every ROM out right now. And the fact that there are a -ton of new ROM's doesn't help!!

Any info, location, or direction would be nice. Thanks!

EDIT: I will switch basebands if necessary. ZVD is preferred though :p

Last edited:

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like you are looking for a ROM with Infrastructure mode wifi; that is what allows these features to work.

Also, you can stay on ZVD and run most any ROM, including those built for ZVJ, thanks to recent developments. See the Welcome Guide for links to the mod; it's under the big green Update line.

liamstanley

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Also, you can stay on ZVD and run most any ROM, including those built for ZVJ, thanks to recent developments. See the Welcome Guide for links to the mod; it's under the big green Update line.

I know i should go-to that patch's thread and ask this, but i have a question. Basically what i would do is (lets say i want CM10, by drew which is ZVJ, and my "current" baseband is ZVD) flash the ZVJ CM10 in my ZVD recovery. Which if i tried to use it at that point it wouldn't work as the radios are a mismatch. So then i would flash the patch that converts ZVD to ZVJ, or does it convert the ZVJ ROM to ZVD?

Like, does it change the ROMs profile to the new radio, or does it completely change the systems radio?

Also, are there any good NEW ROMs that aren't de-bloated stocks that actually have Infrastructure? I'm looking to surprise myself and change up my ROM, but the need for hotspot is much more important. I use Fox-Fi in part with the system hotspot toggle for thekravens CM7. So if i can use Fox-Fi on a ROM, that's not an issue.

Again thanks for the help, and providing a direction for that patch!

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Well you flash the ROM as normal and then gapps if necessary if running an aosp ROM like cyanogen. Then you would flash the zvj to zvd patch to swap in the necessary ROM files to work on your radio. This patch only allows the ROM to read the radio. No custom recovery on the optimus s can flash anything to do with the radio.

As for stock ROMs, you can try danteRom (see my signature) I included foxfi within the build. Not as flashy as the ICS or JB ROMs available now but quite solid.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle