tried everything plz help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

liltwiztid

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
ok so i have a samsung lg optimus s model num. ls670 version 2.3.3 basenband ls670mvj and i tried almost every rooting program out there like z4root, superoneclick, and gingersnap. and none of them didnt even change one thing on my phone so plz help!!

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
1. Have you read the stickies?
2. You haven't read the stickies, or you wouldn't be creating a new thread.
3. You Also seem to be rather confused, Samsung does not make the Optimus
4. Samsung and LG do not work together on any phones, they are competitors
5. Have you read the welcome guide? No? Read it first.
6. The Rooting thread is very clear on how to root zvj. Have you read that either? The Instructions are clear.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes, let's all try to be as rude as possible to a user in need of some guidance. That'll go well.

Thank you, hlxanthus. To the others, you wasted your time, the OP's time, and now mine by "not being mean", when you could have simply shown him where his answers lie and been done with it.

Try to remember that not everyone knows what you know, knows how to navigate a forum, etc... Keep the rude comments in check from here on out.

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes, let's all try to be as rude as possible to a user in need of some guidance. That'll go well.

Thank you, hlxanthus. To the others, you wasted your time, the OP's time, and now mine by "not being mean", when you could have simply shown him where his answers lie and been done with it.

Try to remember that not everyone knows what you know, knows how to navigate a forum, etc... Keep the rude comments in check from here on out.

As much as I agree with you, and I really do agree with you (this could have been handled much less rudely), I'm willing to bet there are times when you feel frustration when someone starts a new thread without even looking at the first seven threads, the sticky section, at the very beginning of the forum, and states that they have "tried everything".

There are days when I look at the "plz help me" threads and wonder at what we're teaching our kids in school. Those days, I tend to not answer anyone and go play EVE Online or read a book.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
As much as I agree with you, and I really do agree with you (this could have been handled much less rudely), I'm willing to bet there are times when you feel frustration when someone starts a new thread without even looking at the first seven threads, the sticky section, at the very beginning of the forum, and states that they have "tried everything".

There are days when I look at the "plz help me" threads and wonder at what we're teaching our kids in school. Those days, I tend to not answer anyone and go play EVE Online or read a book.

Not really, honestly, for the reasons I already stated above. Not everyone is as nimble with a computer as others, or maybe they have never even been to a forum before...and when the definition of a forum is a place to ask questions and get answers, their first instinct is to...well, post their question. It takes seconds out of my time to answer them, and my time isn't worth much, especially only working a part time job right now. So, it seems pretty arrogant of me to get angry with them, or refuse to answer them on some sort of issue of principle.

That isn't to say that I pass this judgement on anyone else, these are just my own personal feelings. If you don't want to answer, it's your business, but when other users are rude about it, it's also my job now more than ever to look out for those in need.

Reactions: spagman

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
One thing has been said from the get go, and that is read... read...read and then re-read! When people don't take the time to read about what they are trying to do they brick there phones. That is why this Optimus forum has those items stickied. ON TOP OF PAGE! How hard is it to do some checking first. One thing i can say about people here they don't mind helping others here, God knows I used it and help others after wards. Some people after getting help turn into Dev's down the road or help make themes..ect..ect. I know I feel pretty good if I ended up helping someone with a question or problem they have had with the Optimus S. It's nice to know that I helped pass along something I learned usually from the same problem that someone helped me with from these same forums. Again these forums are the best compared to other ones.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

jteee

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
While, I do agree that we were all once "newbies", for someone to make their first post a "HELP ME" post, takes a back seat for me.
Whenever I get into something new and confusing, I take the time to read, read and more reading, not just beg for help. Then, to not even come back to the thread after starting it, and not even following up with a "thanks", seems rude to me.
Although I'm not new to rooting, I was when I first got my Optimus. I had rooted my previous phones, but the Optimus, and most others I guess, tend to have a few things different from the rest.
To get to our forums, someone at some point, did a search from a web site. They read it there, why not when you enter a new forum?
Post a greeting, and settle down to a great bunch of people who will be more than willing to help, unless your post is, "HELP. Can't get my phone to work" without posting ANYTHING on what you've already done, baseband, rom, kernel, recovery and such.
There will always be someone who is willing to repeat suggestions, tips, stickies and such, but maybe a gentle nudge from a moderator to review forum policies would also go a long way.
Stickies are your best friends.
And before I forget, another thanks for everyone that has helped me the last few months.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I love A/C and helping people make their devices work awesomely. I have learned so much here and have try to be positive guiding light showing folks what great things are possible and what quality work is out there. I enjoy every bit of it. I am honored that the community here found one of my posts worthy enough to be stickied. It did take me a couple hours to put together with all the formatting and whatnot and requires updates and revisions; I am very happy to volunteer my time in this way. I love to see new users owning and enjoying their devices.

Yet there is a part of me that is somewhat insulted when some fool comes here, doesn't read any of my work or that of others, disregards all the information readily available, begins using various hacking tools willy-nilly, complains when they don't work, misleads us about having put the time in... then expects our assistance in pointing out Step 1 at the top of the page. This is the kind of user who goes right to the download link and ignores everything else. If he had managed to root in his wrecklessness, his first post would likely have been a "PLZ HELP!!! ROM Manager" thread.

To this type of user, I can only say:
Please start reading or stop trying.

Last edited:

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I wanted to say everything that Valhalla said and then some, but held my tongue (or fingers, if you will) and still got called out for "being rude"? Good grief...

I know we don't wanna turn into a certain other site around here, but if what I said was bad then half of AC needs to be banned. That's all I'm gonna say.

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch

Status
Not open for further replies.