Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #51  

ROM
    BobzHome's CM10

Default Re: [PATCH] Patch for BobZhome's CM10 (updated: 9/16/2012)

Quote Originally Posted by jonny5449 View Post
    It didn't boot after I flashed

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Whats steps did you take? We will go from there.

I don't think a complete dirty flash will work properly. Try formatting system, cache and dalvik. If that doesn't work, then a complete wipe will be necessary.
    AC Citizen

ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

Quote Originally Posted by r0gu3dev1pr View Post
    Whats steps did you take? We will go from there.

I don't think a complete dirty flash will work properly. Try formatting system, cache and dalvik. If that doesn't work, then a complete wipe will be necessary.
    Steps:
    Full wipe
    Flash ROM
    Flash gapps
    Flash patch
    No go

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Unable to boot as well. Boot anim comes up for a bit then freezes. Tried pulling battery and letting it sit on the boot anim a bit. After awhile it changes to a black screen. I'm coming all the way from CM7.2 so I followed the same procedures I did then which was:

Wipe Cache, Dalvik, Boot, System, Data
    Flash Debug-FormatSYSTEM
    Flash ROM, GAPPS, Patch

Boots if I don't flash the patch, though.

EDIT: Tried wiping cache/dalvik and rebooted after pulling the battery a few times and it boots now.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #54  

ROM
    BobzHome's CM10

Just checking, you are flashing the 09152012 patch correct. I will rebuild the framework-res.apk to see if that helps. It will later tonight before I can do it.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Just checking, you are flashing the 09152012 patch correct. I will rebuild the framework-res.apk to see if that helps. It will later tonight before I can do it.

I am using the 09152012 patch. After I got it to from wiping Dalvik/cache it still showed VM instead of Sprint and the keys where still switched. Same deal if I apply the patch after booting the rom for the first time instead of before, except without the freezing.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #56  

ROM
    BobzHome's CM10

Quote Originally Posted by TribalZR View Post
    I am using the 09152012 patch. After I got it to from wiping Dalvik/cache it still showed VM instead of Sprint and the keys where still switched. Same deal if I apply the patch after booting the rom for the first time instead of before, except without the freezing.
    These are the steps I took for a successful flash was: (Note: I am COT Recovery)
    1) Factory Reset
    2) Pre-flash Wipe
    3) Erase boot
    4) Erase cache
    5) Erase data
    6) Erase sd-ext
    7) Erase system
    8) Erase dalvik-cache
    9) Flash ROM
    10) Flash GApps
    11) Flash ZVD to ZVJ Patch since I am on ZVJ baseband
    12) Flash Bobz CM10 LS670 Patch
    13) Boot Android

Let me know if this still doesn't work.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    DanteROM(w/Hydro)/CAI CM9

Will try flashing soon. I'm digging on CAI for the moment. Let me have my moment without bugs... ;-)

However, one major complaint I've always has was with the front buttons (ICS and JB always gave me fits. I would hit buttons and wake up my screen ALL THE TIME). So I edited another package and re-upped it.

This is an edited, flashable image that will disable the hardware buttons with reference to screen wake. In other words, all the buttons should function normally except when the screen is off. Once the screen is off, you have to wake it with the headphone jack or the power button. I haven't had any real testing outside of my own device, so let me know if it works right on JB.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/att...s-wake-ics.zip
    Thanked by:
    Wannabe kewl

Global Posts
    675 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations TW-JB

I had flashed your first patch to work on the newer cm10 and it would boot, but then freeze. So I modified your build.prop to be more in line with newer build.prop, but it would then get to the spinning circle and that went on for about 30 minutes before I quit that. So I then pulled your frameworkui out and it booted right up (well, after about 5 minutes of spinning circle).

I believe your frameworkui needs work.

Voice search and voice actions were inop, so I had to nand back to a different rom.
    "I drank what!?!?!" ~Socrates
    "Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor." ~NASA, 1965
    New users, click here!!
    Sprint Sammy GS3 | MB1 | Wicked Sensations JB v2.1 | TWRP 2.4.3.0

I had the same issue with booting.
    Since the new ROM has the a2sd included, after flashing the ROM I let it boot once, and then I rebooted to recovery for gapps and the script.

edit: HIs mod works fine, my guess is that the problems appear due to the sd-ext patches.
    Thanked by:
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #60  

ROM
    BobzHome's CM10

Default Re: [PATCH] Patch for BobZhome's CM10 (updated: 9/17/2012)

I posted a new zip in the OP. I started over and recompiled the framework-res.apk. Let me know if there are still issues.

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Flashed Patch....first attempt at boot took a long time,so I pulled the battery, went back and dirty flashed rom, gapps, and patch. The second attempt went better, although I think that if I had waited the first attempt would have completed, since the second time through I got the "Android is upgrading..." message, but for far fewer apps than I had on my sd-ext. I think the original boot was building the dalvik cache while the boot animation was going.

The only problem I've had is that the home and menu keys are currently reversed.

--lerxst_x

These are the steps I took for a successful flash was: (Note: I am COT Recovery)
    1) Factory Reset
    2) Pre-flash Wipe
    3) Erase boot
    4) Erase cache
    5) Erase data
    6) Erase sd-ext
    7) Erase system
    8) Erase dalvik-cache
    9) Flash ROM
    10) Flash GApps
    11) Flash ZVD to ZVJ Patch since I am on ZVJ baseband
    12) Flash Bobz CM10 LS670 Patch
    13) Boot Android

I followed this as closely as I could with my xionia recovery with the latest patch(09172012) and still couldn't get it to work. I let it sit for 20 minutes on first boot, it froze after awhile at the spinning circle boot animation before the screen turned black, then the backlight came on and it sat like that for probably 8 minutes or so before I pulled the battery and tried clearing the cache/dalvik which seemed to work before. Second boot after clearing the cache/dalvik it got to the optimizing apps screen and froze on 'starting apps' and I let it sit like that for probably 10 minutes to see if it would do anything.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #63  

ROM
    BobzHome's CM10

I reflashed the ROM 2 different times. First I formatted boot, cache, data, system, dalvik-cache and left sd-ext. Then I flashed ROM, gapps, zvd to zvj then the 9/17/2012 patch. It took close to 30 minutes to finish booting. This must be because its rebuilding dalvik for all the apps in the sd-ext. I flashed it a second time. I followed the same steps but this time I also formatted the sd-ext. It took 2-3 minutes.

If you dont want to format your sd-ext then I think you should put your phone charging and give it time.

Also, I discovered that if you are using the latest zvd to zvj patch you should probably remove the the reloc and mountext scripts, as well as, the keylayout. The keylayout from that patch does not work correctly (at least not for me), but will get fixed using this patch.

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

So if I'm already on zvd, what do I need to edit or change to get the correct home and menu key layout?

Thanks for creating this patch!

Thanked by:
    r0gu3dev1pr likes this.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #65  

ROM
    BobzHome's CM10

Quote Originally Posted by lerxst_x View Post
    So if I'm already on zvd, what do I need to edit or change to get the correct home and menu key layout?

Thanks for creating this patch!

Have you tried flashing this patch again? It won't hurt anything to do it again. If that still doesn't work let me know I will tell you how to manually modify the key layout file.

EDIT: Disregard this post. I found the issue regarding the keylayout. I have updated the zip in the OP. Please download and flash again.
    Thanked by:
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #66  

ROM
    BobzHome's CM10

Sorry guys. I found the issue regarding the keylayout. I had put the file in the wrong directory. I have updated zip in the OP. Please download and flash again. This may have caused the issues for some of you.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Yep that works, thanks for saving 18 months of muscle memory!

Well, I went ahead and flashed COT on thinking maybe my Xionia recovery was somehow the problem. Followed your steps to the letter, minus applying zvd->zvj patch since I'm on zvd, and an hour later... frozen on a black screen
    Reboot into recovery, wipe cache/dalvik, reboot, optimizing... Yay, setup wizard! But after completing all that, the keys are still switched, still shows VM instead of Sprint, and it randomly freezes compared to without the patch
    I honestly don't know what I'm doing wrong if anything, I guess I'm just unlucky D:
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #69  

ROM
    BobzHome's CM10

Quote Originally Posted by TribalZR View Post
    Well, I went ahead and flashed COT on thinking maybe my Xionia recovery was somehow the problem. Followed your steps to the letter, minus applying zvd->zvj patch since I'm on zvd, and an hour later... frozen on a black screen
    Reboot into recovery, wipe cache/dalvik, reboot, optimizing... Yay, setup wizard! But after completing all that, the keys are still switched, still shows VM instead of Sprint, and it randomly freezes compared to without the patch
    I honestly don't know what I'm doing wrong if anything, I guess I'm just unlucky D:
    Just so I understand, you are on ZVD with a sd-ext, bobz's 09152012 build and using my updated zip from last night, right?

Can you try flashing just the ROM first? Wipe everything like before. Flash ROM then gapps (are you using the smaller gapps created by Bob as well?) Then boot into Android. Go through wizard then reboot into recovery and flash the patch.

Excellent work. Kudos.

Still hoping for hardware acceleration/Flash support on any of the ICS/JB roms. A man can dream.

Ended up going back to HydroROM with a nandroid of my ROM all set up with your patch.

Would somebody please clarify exactly what is not working in this ROM? I am currently running CM7.2 (05202012). Is there anything that I should know before flashing this, for I am not currently using a stock ROM?
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #72  

ROM
    BobzHome's CM10

Quote Originally Posted by Deucalion29710 View Post
    Would somebody please clarify exactly what is not working in this ROM? I am currently running CM7.2 (05202012). Is there anything that I should know before flashing this, for I am not currently using a stock ROM?
    The ROM itself is being developed by BobzHome for the Optimus V. Check out his opening post to see the details of what is working and not working, but at a high level camcorder, usb mass storage, usb tethering, wifi tethering. With his latest build it broke the mic for voice search. I am sure that will be fixed shortly.

As far as this patch is concerned, some people have been having trouble with it freezing up on initial boot. I personally have not experienced that. I am thinking it may be a storage issue and running out of space in the system partition. Do a nandroid backup of your current system then flash Bobz's ROM. I think you will be pleased. Keep in mind that Bobz's ROM is still work in progress. Try wiping everything; boot, cache, data, system, dalvik and sd-ext then flash rom and bobz's small gapps. (Click on link above or see my opening post for a link) Then once that is finished, reboot to recovery then flash this patch.
    DEVASTATOR

ROM
    Cool As Ice alpha 14

Steps:
    • COT Factory Reset
    • COT Pre-Flash Wipe
    • format /boot
    • format /sd-ext
    • flash BobZ ROM
    • flash BobZ gapps
    • boot Android
    • complete Google sign-in
    • reboot recovery
    • flash patch
    • boot Android

Results:
    • First boot (before patch) took a long time, but happened, allowed me to log in to Google.
    • Second boot (post patch) happened fairly quickly, but suffered from screen freezes.
    • Lock screen still says "Virgin Mobile".
    • Lock screen and everything else lag pretty horribly for a while after startup, to the point of appearing locked until an action occurs 45, 60 seconds later.
    • Home and menu keys still reversed.
    • Drawer does not want to pull down.

Additional steps:
    • reboot recovery
    • flash patch (x2)
    • reboot Android

Results:
    • no change

Restoring backup for now.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #74  

ROM
    BobzHome's CM10

Quote Originally Posted by Thraeryn View Post
    Steps:
    • COT Factory Reset
    • COT Pre-Flash Wipe
    • format /boot
    • format /sd-ext
    • flash BobZ ROM
    • flash BobZ gapps
    • boot Android
    • complete Google sign-in
    • reboot recovery
    • flash patch
    • boot Android

Results:
    • First boot (before patch) took a long time, but happened, allowed me to log in to Google.
    • Second boot (post patch) happened fairly quickly, but suffered from screen freezes.
    • Lock screen still says "Virgin Mobile".
    • Lock screen and everything else lag pretty horribly for a while after startup, to the point of appearing locked until an action occurs 45, 60 seconds later.
    • Home and menu keys still reversed.
    • Drawer does not want to pull down.

Additional steps:
    • reboot recovery
    • flash patch (x2)
    • reboot Android

Results:
    • no change

Restoring backup for now.
    Thanks for your feedback. I will continue to investigate.

Wannabe kewl

Global Posts
    675 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations TW-JB

Worked for me! Thanks rogue!

I guess I should go push the thanks and like buttons....
    "I drank what!?!?!" ~Socrates
    "Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor." ~NASA, 1965
    New users, click here!!
    Sprint Sammy GS3 | MB1 | Wicked Sensations JB v2.1 | TWRP 2.4.3.0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast