[PATCH] Patch for BobZhome's CM10 (updated: 11/4/2012)

r0gu3dev1pr

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Information
BobZhome's CM10 Rom is built for Virgin Mobile's Optimus LG-VM670 but can be flashed on Sprint's Optimus S LG-LS670. This patch fixes the Network Name, KeyLayout and MMS. This has only been tested on BobZhome's CM10 11032012 Build, however I will validate with each build until I or someone else can create a build of our own.

Thanks
BobZhome for developing a great rom for the Optimus community Nitestalkr for providing the ZVD to ZVJ/ZVJ to ZVD patches theKraven for documenting possibile solutions to fix MMS

Installation
Fresh Install
  1. Boot in to Recovery
  2. Flash Rom - BobZhome's CM10 11032012 Build
  3. Flash GApps - BobZhome's Custom Smaller Gapps (recommended)
  4. Flash ZVD to ZVJ patch provided by nitestalkr only if you have the ZVJ Baseband
  5. Flash BobZhome's CM10 11032012 LS670 Patch (Attached Below)
Existing Install
  1. Boot in to Recovery
  2. Flash BobZhome's CM10 11032012 LS670 Patch (Attached Below)

Change Log
11/4/2012 - Updated for Build 11032012 9/15/2012 - Updated for Build 09152012 9/7/2012 - Initial Release

Screenshots
Screenshot_2012-09-07-07-46-52.png

Last edited:

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Thank you so much! This is exactly what I have been waiting for!

Is it possible to move dalvik back to /cache with a patch? The lack or room is killing me and I don't have an sd-ext

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:
Reactions: r0gu3dev1pr

r0gu3dev1pr

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Thank you so much! This is exactly what I have been waiting for!

Is it possible to move dalvik back to /cache with a patch? The lack or room is killing me and I don't have an sd-ext

What build are you running now, 08312012? BobZhome modified his scripts to write to the cache instead of the sd-ext, unless you are running an earlier build. You can check the reloc script which is in the \system\etc\init.d directory.

Do have anything against sd-ext? I have a 1 GB ext4 partition and I am now using a2sd++ http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1716124 It is running great. There is no optimizing popup after every boot.

There are easy ways to create the partition just let me know if you need direction.

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I will be reflashing the 8312012 yes. I have nothing against an SD ext I'm just hesitant to wipe my SD lol. Plus its only a 2 gig card. Is that OK to have an sdext partition?

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: [PATCH] Patch for BobZhome's CM10 (updated: 9/7/2012)

What do you change in framework? I'm guessing eri and mms, anything else?

Reactions: jonny5449

r0gu3dev1pr

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

What do you change in framework? I'm guessing eri and mms, anything else?

I only made changes to the framework-res.apk, thunderc_keypad.kl and the build.prop.

framework-res.apk
Updated eri.xml (changed Virgin Mobile to Sprint)
Updated bool.xml (changed config_mms_content_disposition_support from true to false)

thunderc_keypad.kl
Swapped home and menu key values

build.prop
Changed VM670 to LS670
Virgin_Mobile to Sprint
Carrier Numeric to 310120

Last edited:

r0gu3dev1pr

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

I will be reflashing the 8312012 yes. I have nothing against an SD ext I'm just hesitant to wipe my SD lol. Plus its only a 2 gig card. Is that OK to have an sdext partition?

If you have access to a PC, you can backup your SD card, boot in to recovery create your partition then restore your SD Card. I think you can create a 512mb ext partition and it be sufficient. It really depends on how many apps you are wanting. Just to give you an idea, I have 40 apps installed and using approximately 500mb.

Thraeryn

DEVASTATOR
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

Did a fresh install of this ROM. MMS did not work, and apps did not install directly to sd-ext partition. Both of those are supposed to be working in the original version of this ROM, right?

I was so very, very sad. It's a beautiful ROM otherwise, really is.

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

The ROM itself does run on the S; that patch link in the OP is to convert it to the V. Learned this the hard way, lol.

Sent from a Purple LG-LS670 with CM9...the New Wolzard Phone...yes.

r0gu3dev1pr

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

Did a fresh install of this ROM. MMS did not work, and apps did not install directly to sd-ext partition. Both of those are supposed to be working in the original version of this ROM, right?

I was so very, very sad. It's a beautiful ROM otherwise, really is.

In BobZ's Rom, he does have a script to move apps to sd-ext and dalvik-cache to the cache directory, however the MMS was not working correctly for LG-LS670 users. When you did the fresh install, did you wipe everything; boot, data, system, cache, dalvik, and sd-ext?

Anyone else flash the patch? I welcome any feedback. Is is working or not working for you.

- - - Updated - - -

The ROM itself does run on the S; that patch link in the OP is to convert it to the V. Learned this the hard way, lol.

Correct, the ROM iteself is built for Optimus V, but can be flashed on the Optimus S. Since its built for the Optimus V, everything is configured for the Optimus V like the Network Name, the MMS, the keylayout. The patch is to convert the BobZhome's Optimus V Rom to a Optimus S Rom.

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

Correct, the ROM iteself is built for Optimus V, but can be flashed on the Optimus S. Since its built for the Optimus V, everything is configured for the Optimus V like the Network Name, the MMS, the keylayout. The patch is to convert the BobZhome's Optimus V Rom to a Optimus S Rom.

Well, what happened with me was that flashing the patch made it a V ROM. I wiped and installed just the ROM (and gapps) *without* the patch, and poof...S ROM. In Xionia, the ROM came up LS670, while the patch said VM670. Oh, well. I went back to CM9 when I saw there was just 77mb of internal space to play with. (I prefer not to risk wiping my memory card to partition it...) Just wasn't enough difference between JB & ICS to warrant it...

Thraeryn

DEVASTATOR
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

In BobZ's Rom, he does have a script to move apps to sd-ext and dalvik-cache to the cache directory, however the MMS was not working correctly for LG-LS670 users. When you did the fresh install, did you wipe everything; boot, data, system, cache, dalvik, and sd-ext?
I used COT's "Pre-Flash Wipe", then went and formatted sd-ext. I think that gets everything, unless it misses boot or dalvik.

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

I'm running this patch on Bobz 8312012 and MMS works fine. Carrier label fixed and keys switched. The only thing that I would complain about is lack of space but that is my fault for not using an ext partition

koeylondon

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site

I'm getting a Status 7 error when trying to flash the base rom. Using COT, tried the "Pre-Flash Wipe" as well as well as Debug-FormatALL.zip. I'm looking about for a fix so I can flash successfully, but any help is appreciated. I'll grab the full verbose it it'll help, but it happened last night... at 3 am... so I'll have to flash again to get it. And I'm lazy. ;-)

Attachments

• recovery.txt
    7.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer