[PATCH] Patch for BobZhome's CM10 (updated: 11/4/2012)

TribalZR

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [PATCH] Patch for BobZhome's CM10 (updated: 9/17/2012)

Although a little longer than I expected, I can also confirm that Thraeryn's method works like a charm and haven't seen any adverse issues yet. Thanks a bunch!

Thraeryn

DEVASTATOR
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

Longer? ;) The steps in green are the only ones that need be taken. I guess it takes a little time, but I'm about used to having to wipe EVERY. LAST. THING. when I clean flash a new ROM.

TribalZR

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

Just got around to installing the rest of my apps and still running pretty good, now I just have to wait until voice search works and it will be perfect :D

Longer? ;) The steps in green are the only ones that need be taken. I guess it takes a little time, but I'm about used to having to wipe EVERY. LAST. THING. when I clean flash a new ROM.
I had meant to followup my previous post later that night instead of the next day, but at least I got around to it ;)

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

I like using apex. Haven't had any issues. There is also Nova and Holo. Holo is very thin and performs well. Give them a try. Post back your feedback.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Well...I'm currently using Holo HD, their JB launcher. Also using those Optimus V speed boosters (Adrenaline Engine/Boost, Amphetamines, the EGL patch, etc.) as well. They have all proven to be way beyond useless for speeding this ol' girl up!! In fact, my Optimus S seems t be running SLOWER than before - the only thing fast now is going from one page on the homescreen to the next!! :( I just don't understand it. There has to be a way to speed this thing up...

Sent from my Purple LG-LS670 running CM10...for now.

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

Its all in the processer my stuff I flashed/tweaks
Beats
Adrenaline engine
Adreniline boost (in terminal type su then boost)
Amphetimes
Holo launcher HD
Disable CPU rendering
Loopy smoothness tweak
Puppy was sped up pretty quickly ;)

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

koeylondon

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site

Well...I'm currently using Holo HD, their JB launcher. Also using those Optimus V speed boosters (Adrenaline Engine/Boost, Amphetamines, the EGL patch, etc.) as well. They have all proven to be way beyond useless for speeding this ol' girl up!! In fact, my Optimus S seems t be running SLOWER than before - the only thing fast now is going from one page on the homescreen to the next!! :( I just don't understand it. There has to be a way to speed this thing up...

Are you giving this a few reboots to settle? I know that for me, the first night or so things run kinda slowly as things are moved by the scripts, some things happen in the background, and I assume my kernel makes a deal with Satan. After that, things speed up pretty well, and get similar speed to ICS roms with better stability than most. Just a thought.

Thraeryn

DEVASTATOR
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

Its all in the processer my stuff I flashed/tweaks
Beats
Adrenaline engine
Adreniline boost (in terminal type su then boost)
Amphetimes
Holo launcher HD
Disable CPU rendering
Loopy smoothness tweak
Puppy was sped up pretty quickly ;)

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

I looked on the V forums and couldn't find a lot of these. Interested in trying a few.

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

Are you giving this a few reboots to settle? I know that for me, the first night or so things run kinda slowly as things are moved by the scripts, some things happen in the background, and I assume my kernel makes a deal with Satan. After that, things speed up pretty well, and get similar speed to ICS roms with better stability than most. Just a thought.

A *few*!? Lol...I've had to reboot this thing both via power menu and via battery pull several times since I started running this ROM...and even more often since firing up the tweaks. Makes me think my phone's CPU is likely fried; if that's the case, then there may be no hope of ever speeding the old girl up.

Oh...the most recent update to TB doesn't recognize the phone as being rooted...gonna have to hunt for an older version. :(

Thraeryn, click the link that goes to the topic for this ROM. If you wind up on the last page, go back a page or two. Someone posted a zip with all that stuff.

koeylondon

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site

Meh. I've never noticed tweaks doing much. A few seconds faster this, a frame or two there, but in all it's below the noticeable difference. The more of them I install, the more unstable the rom gets. So I don't overclock, I don't tweak, and I don't worry about it. Anything that's a real speed boost, the OP is likely to just work into the mod as a quality of life improvement.

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

Rougue....plan on updating this for Bob's new build?

Thraeryn

DEVASTATOR
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

Installed the recent ROM update and patch. ROM works, patch gives me data coverage, but the Home key isn't working. The Menu key works just fine, but Home is not. Play Store didn't install, or Gmail, or lots of other gapps; guessing there wasn't enough room once the ROM was on. Probably not going to stick with this one.

Thanks for creating the patch and keeping it updated. :D

jasonevil

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Installed the recent ROM update and patch. ROM works, patch gives me data coverage, but the Home key isn't working. The Menu key works just fine, but Home is not. Play Store didn't install, or Gmail, or lots of other gapps; guessing there wasn't enough room once the ROM was on. Probably not going to stick with this one.

i had to delete most of the ringtowns, trebuchet, apollo and the geniewidget just to get the playstore pushed to system/app....works fine after that, except no lockscreen lol

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

Home button was always pretty iffy for me with this anyway, and I've been running the ROM since the 08/31 version. Example: when in sleep mode, the menu button seems to work better at waking it up than the home button. There are other instances where home doesn't work as well as it should, too. No biggie for me, though.

Thraeryn

DEVASTATOR
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

i had to delete most of the ringtowns, trebuchet, apollo and the geniewidget just to get the playstore pushed to system/app....works fine after that, except no lockscreen lol

Honestly, I should delete all the ringtones when I install a ROM. I'm perfectly capable of creating small mp3s and putting them in appropriate folders on my SD card, and I have done. I just never think to delete all the packaged ones post-install.

therenegadenail

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

im sorry if this was posted earlier but.. if i flash this on my kravens cm10 rom will it fix the mms?

im on zvj using the patch to make the rom work

just wondering

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I have the same no play store issues. The rom fills /system and there is no room for gapps. Is the V's /system partition larger then the S's?

r0gu3dev1pr

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
im sorry if this was posted earlier but.. if i flash this on my kravens cm10 rom will it fix the mms?

im on zvj using the patch to make the rom work

just wondering

Are you sure its a thekraven rom? I dont thekraven has a cm10 rom. The patch is a modification to the framework-res.apk. I dont believe it will work on any rom other that the original rom it came from.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums