My phone won't root!!!

logan121691

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
can anyone help me. I have tried to root it many times and nothing happens. I have use the automated root program. And it didn't work what should I do?

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

koeylondon

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Please include more info: What baseband are you on right now? (It's in the "about phone" section). What methods have you tried? Sons of Korhall? Script manual? Have you read the ENTIRE root thread here:http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/131297-how-rooting-ls670zvd-zvh-100-automated-zvj-automated.html

Always include the above information when looking for help. We all know you're probably a little freaked out or nervous that you might have damaged your phone... but believe me. the more info we have, the more likely we're going to help you.

logan121691

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Sorry my baseband is ls670mvj_6150 and my sw version is ls670zvj
I tried the optiauto-sfx program it said it would automatically root but it didn't work. Their was one thing in the instructions I didn't understand though. It said unzip to highest level of c drive or something like that I don't understand what that means is that why it didn't work?

koeylondon

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
First, try the steps in this thread. Start again as if you've never read anything before: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...9-how-automated-rooting-ls670zvd-zvh-zvj.html

When it says to unzip to the top level of C, they want to make it simple and have you just unzip everything to your C drive (usually your primary drive) and not in, say, C:\Documents and Settings\root\something else\kiddypr0n\justkidding. gets confusing once you put things in folders, so just do what they tell you do and unzip to c:\

NOTE: you don't HAVE to type anything, but you DO have to kind of follow along. Don't be nervous if it takes a time or two to get it right. This isn't an HTC phone, and we're not using unrEVOked here. This is some serious business, and we can get through it. Try again, and if you get an error, (like, say, it says, "Zerglings found nothing or value" or if it gives you a strange screen), tell us what it is.

Furthermore, if it doesn't say what it's doing (it should) tell us that, too. Lastly, if it isn't working AT ALL when you click the files, that's another error. Make DAMN sure you have the LG drivers installed from here:http://www.lg.com/us/products/documents/LGAndroidDriver_WHQL_ML_Ver_1.0_All_Win7.exe

Let us know!

Sdude1200

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 38088
what does this mean???
im sorry
i just dont understand the "CODE" that it says

ZERG is the name of the exploit basically. What the code says is that the exploit was unsuccessful. This happens on occasion for no reason in particular. Do what the instructions at the bottom of the screen say and reboot your phone, then attempt the exploit again. If it fails AGAIN, try the reboot method a few more times. Then report back if still no success

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Are you trying to directly root ZVJ? Or did you follow the guide and revert to zvd and root that, THEN follow that guide to return to ZVJ with root?

The ZVJ baseband cannot be directly rooted. That is why you must revert to a previous baseband version and root that first.

koeylondon

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Like hlxanthus said, you're going to want to revert to ZVD and then try the root again. Rooting directly in ZVJ doesn't work, so just make sure to do like it says. I missed that part of the instructions when I first did the process, too.

Just do the revert, then root, then profit.

koeylondon

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
OK, some definitions:

Baseband is the driver that runs your physical radio antenna, the one that gets your cell service. That has 3 versions, all of which work on your phone. You're currently on ZVJ (which displays on your phone and mine as MVJ), which means that in order to properly root, you MUST revert to ZVD first. The instructions are right there in the thread that I linked to, and it is not an option. Do not worry, you can upgrade again after you've rooted, just make sure that if you intend to do so (it is not necessary) that you do it BEFORE you install a custom recovery.

The software you're using is another matter, and your service will depend on you having a matching ROM software and baseband architecture. If the ROM is built for ZVD and you have ZVJ, you have to patch the ROM before you'll get service. That's OK, it doesn't hurt anything, so I wouldn't worry about that right now. You'll get comfortable with it. Just follow the posted instructions and it'll work. Trust us, we've all done this... some of us like... a million times.

logan121691

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I have been really busy so I'm gonna root it today or at least try to. I'll keep toying posted and thanks for checking in.

logan121691

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
thank you for all the help i am now rooted it took a little longer to do it than i hoped but i finally got around too it and it worked thanks guys